Texas Discussion Thread

55sixxx

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#5541 Post by 55sixxx » 30 Sep 2022 16:20

flight50 wrote: 30 Sep 2022 16:10 This is awesome to see. I've been saying Texas needs a minimum of 2-3 new oil/gas companies and they exceeded that. I'm very content with that. Check. Mark that one off. I'm sure Suntetico is the alternate to Chemso. The other 3 are gas perhaps.
If they make all tanker types have lots of job offers through the External Market, then I'm set. They also need to add a whole lot more ISO tanker variety, currently we have only Potassium and Nitrocellulose... If they can match ETS2's number, then the 48ft Spread axle container carrier will finally see some good use.

If SCS does this, then the Oil Fields and Chemical plants shown today will be a huge hit and a huge market inside ATS.
Last edited by 55sixxx on 30 Sep 2022 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
flight50

#5542 Post by flight50 » 30 Sep 2022 16:20

SuchManor wrote: 30 Sep 2022 15:21 I like the sound of this! I hope this means more general companies other than Walbert and Sellgoods.
I totally agree. I'm hoping the constant speaking on ICCs worked. Montana broke the ice and looks like Texas will at least match Montana. But in theory, it should really pass up Montana's new company count.

See SCS....see what kind of excitement new companies brings. Its not just me speaking on ICCs all the time, lol. The lack of is noticeable. Thanks for the efforts and thanks for listening. I'll await to see more and more. I'm greedy like that.

Between general companies and logistics, that could easily be another 5-8 right there alone. That will be a HUGGGEEEE boost to ATS. What Texas gets, other states can get if they are more or less national. Question is, are they state specific, national or regional. My wish, get some new stuff to Idaho hands down. Other stuff is welcome too. But Idaho, smh. Its embarrassing what we got for ICCs.
Bedavd

#5543 Post by Bedavd » 30 Sep 2022 16:24

Dang! Good looking companies too! The logos seem pretty real. This is very nice to see for sure.

Pic 4 the billboard in the center background looks like it might even have a 5th company logo, maybe for the small building across the street? We can see the Deep Wells logo on the building and it’s definitely not the same, but looks too small to be an advertisement.

Pic 14 in Instagram’s video is shown as Chemso so Syntetico is definitely resigned Chemso. This is a great blog tbh. Very excited.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#5544 Post by flight50 » 30 Sep 2022 16:25

AbsoTheFox wrote: 30 Sep 2022 16:19 We’re unofficially at about 11 or so with these 4 new additions.
AI Automotive - Vehicle manufacturer
Chuck & Jack's - Forestry
Deep Wells - Oil production
Lone Star Forwarding - Logistics
Mary's Cotton - Cotton farms
Petrolucent - Oil production
Pickit - Supermarket chain
Saimon's Pecans - Food processing
Syntetico - Chemical plant
Vortex - Oil production
(El Paso’s airport which we know we’re getting, makes 11)

We’re getting there, just need a few more retail and logistics. and confirmed names for the glass plant and whatever the space industry entails.
Nice list but I was counting ones that we see in blogs and implemented in scenes. A few of those are only on the microsite....for now. The microsite stuff isn't set in stone but its likely they come.

But if we get all 11 of those and if Annie says more is coming...........OMG, we could hit 20+ maybe and I'd be suppppppper freakin' pumped. That to me......is Texas style. Of all the companies in game, if Texas somehow gave us at least 1 competitor company for each (or almost all companies).........I get to eat my words. Just give me some salt and pepper and let me go at it.
Last edited by flight50 on 30 Sep 2022 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
Trakaplex

#5545 Post by Trakaplex » 30 Sep 2022 16:31

Bedavd wrote: 30 Sep 2022 16:24 Dang! Good looking companies too! The logos seem pretty real. This is very nice to see for sure.

Pic 4 the billboard in the center background looks like it might even have a 5th company logo, maybe for the small building across the street? We can see the Deep Wells logo on the building and it’s definitely not the same, but looks too small to be an advertisement.

Pic 14 in Instagram’s video is shown as Chemso so Syntetico is definitely resigned Chemso. This is a great blog tbh. Very excited.
Is Synthetico a newer or resigned version? Because I think we could still get both. I think the Pic 4 one reads "ALR". Annie will have to tell us what the acronym means.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
flight50

#5546 Post by flight50 » 30 Sep 2022 16:34

Bedavd wrote: 30 Sep 2022 16:24 Pic 4 the billboard in the center background looks like it might even have a 5th company logo, maybe for the small building across the street? We can see the Deep Wells logo on the building and it’s definitely not the same, but looks too small to be an advertisement.
Good catch. I think you might be right. That too looks new and definitely not a scenic company.

I seriously hope we can get the yellow and white metal framing in this pic as cargo. Flatbed or extended flatbed.
oldmanclippy

#5547 Post by oldmanclippy » 30 Sep 2022 16:40

Yep 20+ is ETS2 territory which is what I've said Texas should get to. It's an ETS2 sized map in a game that has fallen far behind in terms of companies. The catchup started in Montana but we needed a big boost from Texas to get the ball rolling. It's starting to look like that's what we'll get, and I'm thrilled :)

Going forward, companies should continue to be a focus. Oklahoma can't go back to just giving us 2 or 3. They have great 2D art talent now so they should hopefully keep using them to make a good number of new companies each DLC.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Bedavd

#5548 Post by Bedavd » 30 Sep 2022 16:44

@Trakaplex I think redesigned. In the video (here's twitter so you can scrub to 40 seconds where it starts) the truck has a Chemso trailer driving into the facility, but the blog has the bulk trailer. The video never pans far enough right for us to see if the Syntetico sign is there or not but it seems to me it was originally placed as Chemso and then later rebranded. Hopefully it would've been a new Chemso prefab as well and isn't the same Chemical plant we've been getting for years

[ external image ]

Looks to me like it might be TVR with the left side of the "v" a black line. Definitely haven't seen it in game before and it really looks like SCS's style for new companies. Would love to learn more. :shock: Either way, fantastic work SCSAnnie
Last edited by Bedavd on 30 Sep 2022 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Gormanbros

#5549 Post by Gormanbros » 30 Sep 2022 16:44

It's pretty clear to me that SCS got the message from you guys over the past few states. Texas looks set to be a huge boost to the game economy. While I'm not as focused on ICCs as most of you are (I'm a scenery guy personally), I'm still pretty happy to see this. I'm sure TX will deliver to your hopes when it comes to new companies. Just need to be patient and keep the faith. ;)

Return to “General discussion about the game”