Texas Discussion Thread

danbywinby

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#3371 Post by danbywinby » 23 May 2022 10:43

Adding bumps to the road is already possible and there is absolutely no reason for SCS to not add this in.

They've already done half the work by adding in the 'Asphalt Patches' random events. The only problem is that they don't have collisions.

Adding the collisions is really easy and i can not understand why SCS did not do this already but i've done it in my Random Events mod (viewtopic.php?t=293448) so there is absolutely no reason as to why SCS haven't done it.
clifflandmark

#3372 Post by clifflandmark » 23 May 2022 10:57

Did SCS increased price ? It's almost 2x of older price. If it costs that much, does that mean "something" changed or is about to change ?
Marcello Julio

#3373 Post by Marcello Julio » 23 May 2022 11:01

It was not SCS, but yes the Steam. Steam recently made a price adjustment. From country to country there were several cases. In my case here in Brazil, only ETS2 had a 25% readjustment and ATS had a 25% drop and both games are now at the same price. In the case of DLCS, there were no changes here and prices remained the same.
kostraelpayaso

#3374 Post by kostraelpayaso » 23 May 2022 11:08

I'm glad that the issue with world seeming a bit dead has been brought. Even though as the quality of the map and the prefab creating has improved with each update, I've always felt like something was missing, like if many of the towns and settlements were still a mere facade, empty, with no soul. And it's not so much the lack of AI but the lack of vision in capturing the americana and soul of each place. Everything is too clean, like a real nuke town, like if it had been surgically implanted without any real relation or purpose with its surroundings and the life of its 'inhabitants'. It lacks the grit, the ugly and the places where every day activies take place, like SouthernMan has shown with his lots.

I don't think scale is either such a big problem for giving depth to the cities or towns. Like others have pointed, the elevation of the road helps to create perspective. Smaller towns could feel bigger with changes in the way the settlements are laid out. The rigid grid road pattern in every town contributes to that one-dimensional feeling. There could be less walls to drive around in areas with industries or settlements, but there should be a purpose too in driving in those areas, like more depots or features like restaurants, garages that are not a copy cat of each other, etc. Even small towns could feel alive if there was a purpose in driving through them further than simply driving into a mountain road to grab a load of timber.

About the AI, I think we can deal with cities not being packed with ai walking around as, honestly the current animations contribute less than anything to making them feel alive. However, depots and industrial areas need to be packed with activity. There should be forklifts running frantically, trucks arriving and panel vans leaving, silos loading grain into trains... There is nothing more desolating that steping into a steelworks and not seeing a single soul there. As far I know there rust belt is still several states to the east.
oldmanclippy

#3375 Post by oldmanclippy » 23 May 2022 13:21

I do like the idea of having a truck yard instead of garages. And then the game could have your drivers that are assigned to that yard walking around if they are in between jobs.

The game would really benefit from being able to see your owned trucks, if not on the road, then in your garage/yard.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
parasaurolophus67

#3376 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 23 May 2022 13:26

it would be nice BUT minus the people walking around. Don't want people look at my trucks if I wanted to do the jobs alone
SouthernMan

#3377 Post by SouthernMan » 23 May 2022 13:37

oldmanclippy wrote: 23 May 2022 13:21 I do like the idea of having a truck yard instead of garages. And then the game could have your drivers that are assigned to that yard walking around if they are in between jobs.

The game would really benefit from being able to see your owned trucks, if not on the road, then in your garage/yard.
Exactly! For this reason I'm making my own yard, as well as I sent some pictures... I can't understand why SCS doesn't do this, but I believe there must be a reason. But, if there is, for me it doesn't make sense for them not to do yards, since this is more the reality of many owner operators or small companies with 5/10 semi-trailers.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
SouthernMan

#3378 Post by SouthernMan » 23 May 2022 13:41

danbywinby wrote: 23 May 2022 10:43 Adding bumps to the road is already possible and there is absolutely no reason for SCS to not add this in.

They've already done half the work by adding in the 'Asphalt Patches' random events. The only problem is that they don't have collisions.

Adding the collisions is really easy and i can not understand why SCS did not do this already but i've done it in my Random Events mod (viewtopic.php?t=293448) so there is absolutely no reason as to why SCS haven't done it.
I recently added some bumps in the roads, not a lot, but I did add some. I must say your simulation is another level with this, even if it's a detail that many overlook.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
VTXcnME

#3379 Post by VTXcnME » 23 May 2022 15:34

oldmanclippy wrote: 23 May 2022 13:21 I do like the idea of having a truck yard instead of garages. And then the game could have your drivers that are assigned to that yard walking around if they are in between jobs.

Be nice if you could have both. Even if it was limited (for some odd reason) to one yard per state. You could pick your primary terminal location in each area. That would be awesome. Especially if the cargo system ever develops into a true freight and transport kind of cargo system. You could move stuff around and drop it at primary yard and let the surrounding garages work to delivery the cargo out of the yard to end points. That would be a nice add on.
JoeAlex23

#3380 Post by JoeAlex23 » 23 May 2022 15:43

I wouldn't mind one or two yards per state, not to replace all the garages with one, but the garages need an urgent overhaul.

Return to “General discussion about the game”