Texas Discussion Thread

Bedavd

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#2331 Post by Bedavd » 24 Jan 2022 16:49

@Gootho717 Same in pic 13, but SCS loves to place things on flatbeds as props but not allow us to haul them. Might just be the modeling team hasn't put together the high-quality flatbed cargo onto a flatbed yet, but I absolutely agree, it would be wild to get cotton and not haul the bales and only get to take generic farm items to/from.

The depots are looking great and I love the baled rolls having those bright wrappings, it'll make for some cool screenshots for sure. Really happy we're getting a new industry, hopefully it gets its own Company too.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Knightrider

#2332 Post by Knightrider » 24 Jan 2022 16:50

I'm hoping that Texas and its oil industry will be finally the time to get ownable tanker trailers. Crossing fingers...
Best Regards.

Hosting a dedicated server for ETS 2/ATS, with optional mods support.
oldmanclippy

#2333 Post by oldmanclippy » 24 Jan 2022 16:55

Just saw the blog as I was writing this up, good stuff and I'm really glad that new industries are a big focus with Texas!

Original post:

People were talking about their first journeys into Texas a few pages back, I figure I'll throw my hat in the ring:

My Wyoming garage is in Jackson, and my planned Montana garage is either Glendive or Bozeman. So the night before Texas releases (or the morning of if I take the day off) I'll drive from my Jackson/Glendive/Bozeman garage to either Tucumcari or Las Cruces. From there, not sure yet. I had plans for my first trips into the previous DLC's and I don't think any of them went according to plan, so with Texas I'll probably just wing it. With the ultimate goal of establishing my garage in Houston, possibly Dallas if the garage is right next to DFW Airport. I've been to Houston but that was almost 10 years ago now, and the only other place in Texas that I've been to is the DFW Airport on a layover.

Both Montana and Texas are very exciting for me from a novelty standpoint, since they both feature roads that lead to the Twin Cities. Montana has I-94 and US-12, while Texas has I-35. Not to mention US-2, US-212, US-75, US-59, and US-69 all lead into Minnesota as well, although not all those are guaranteed to be in-game.

I've also driven through Montana from the Idaho border on US-20, to West Yellowstone, to Bozeman via US-191, to the ND border on I-94. So that will be exciting to see those roads in-game, which are much more fresh in my mind than the ones around Houston are. Although I do remember a bit about I-69 north of the city, and TX-288, I-610, and I-45 south of it.

I imagine that Texas will bring familiar roads for a lot of people since so many long roads branch off from it in the north, northeast, and east directions. Not to mention all the roads that pass through it.

There are 17 primary interstate highways that travel through Texas. Of those, 7 have at most one terminus in Texas. There are 37 US routes that travel through Texas. Of those, 32 have at most one terminus in Texas. Those 7 Interstates and 32 US routes have termini in the following states:

California
South Carolina
Arkansas
Minnesota
North Carolina
Missouri
Michigan (sort of)
Illinois
Arizona
Virginia
New York
Iowa
Kentucky
Georgia
North Dakota
Colorado
Montana
Florida
South Dakota
Louisiana
Oklahoma
Nebraska
New Mexico

That's 23 states that have a terminus of a US route that hits Texas. Now how many states have a segment of a US route that hits Texas? We can add:

Mississippi
Alabama
Tennessee
Indiana
Kansas
West Virginia
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Wyoming

So that's 32 states out of 50 that have a road that appears in Texas. Of course not all of those roads will feature in ATS, but it's still worth mentioning. Maybe after Texas releases I can rerun the analysis :P

[ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
LATrucker

#2334 Post by LATrucker » 24 Jan 2022 16:58

Bedavd wrote: 24 Jan 2022 16:49 @Gootho717 Same in pic 13, but SCS loves to place things on flatbeds as props but not allow us to haul them. Might just be the modeling team hasn't put together the high-quality flatbed cargo onto a flatbed yet, but I absolutely agree, it would be wild to get cotton and not haul the bales and only get to take generic farm items to/from.

The depots are looking great and I love the baled rolls having those bright wrappings, it'll make for some cool screenshots for sure. Really happy we're getting a new industry, hopefully it gets its own Company too.
They show light the Flatbed and the cargo a bit more in a short video on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SCSsoftware/status/ ... 01316?s=20
Really looks like it'll be a new cargo...
SuchManor

#2335 Post by SuchManor » 24 Jan 2022 17:02

Eh I'm not convinced yet. It's the same stuff that's sitting on the ground next to the trailer, its not strapped down to the trailer (when all of the other flatbed cargoes are), and the way it is loaded is not how it is supposed to be. I think its SCS sticking an asset on an empty trailer like they sometimes do.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
Trucker_Tommy

#2336 Post by Trucker_Tommy » 24 Jan 2022 17:05

Not much of this interstate will come with Texas if at all but do people here expect interstate 44 to come with Texas. Overheard this Interstate mentioned on the song convoy and looked it up and saw it starts in Wichita. I wonder if Wichita comes as a marked city too.

Good to see more industry coming to Texas with Cotton. Hope it’s one industry of many
Tristman

#2337 Post by Tristman » 24 Jan 2022 17:37

I think Wichita Falls is more or less confirmed, because we saw the model of a church located there. Interstate 44 only goes from Wichita Falls into Oklahoma, so I think we will have to wait until Oklahoma for that to be accessible.
Bedavd

#2338 Post by Bedavd » 24 Jan 2022 18:24

@LATrucker Yeah that looks like prop stuff still.

@Tristam-94 Yeah, two churches from Wichita Falls were shown in the landmarks blog, here and here
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Tristman

#2339 Post by Tristman » 24 Jan 2022 19:44

Any ideas on where the cotton plants from the blog are located?
Searching on Google Maps, it seems there are only several cotton gins in Texas. I think the one in Plainview might be featured, as well as the one in the middle of nowhere, somewhat close to Corpus Christi.
etsuco05

#2340 Post by etsuco05 » 24 Jan 2022 21:12

Trucker_Tommy wrote: 24 Jan 2022 17:05 Not much of this interstate will come with Texas if at all but do people here expect interstate 44 to come with Texas. Overheard this Interstate mentioned on the song convoy and looked it up and saw it starts in Wichita. I wonder if Wichita comes as a marked city too.
We should at least get the first four miles of I-44, from U.S. 82/277 north to U.S. 287. I highly doubt we will get anything further north than U.S. 287 until Oklahoma, as there are only 10 miles between 287 & the Red River (the state line).
AKA “OKRoads”, USA road sign photographer and road scholar

Return to “General discussion about the game”