Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#8332 Post by gt379 » 27 Nov 2022 18:00

Oh I see now,

Thanks @nautofon for the clarification!
oldmanclippy

#8333 Post by oldmanclippy » 27 Nov 2022 18:24

seriousmods wrote: 26 Nov 2022 20:33
SuchManor wrote: 26 Nov 2022 19:15 Anyone know if there are any large distribution centers in Texas like the one in Denver? Seems like SCS completely ignored them in Texas. Plenty of small old prefab ones and tons of big distributions centers that are scenic though :roll:
I have found one so far (in Dallas). It's a Walbert.

Buy there are quite a few that are decorative, which is aggravating.

I still don't get how some of the best buildings are always decorative, while old prefabs dating back to the early game keep appearing. I'm also noticing at least two "new" companies so far that simply reuse an old prefab with a new sign.

There's a Sunshine Farms prefab from original Cali in Texas (and I think Montana), and another one that I found yesterday from a building supply company. Have to find the original source.
Yeah there's a particularly nice scenic Wallbert DC in Fort Worth on the road to the airport. Texas is great and it's the best DLC for sure, but it is definitely the worst example we've seen yet of the inaccessible depots being more interesting than the accessible ones. They're everywhere. They put all this effort into making these nice prefabs for companies that are already in the game, then we get to deliver to the ones from previous DLCs. I just don't understand.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
clifflandmark

#8334 Post by clifflandmark » 27 Nov 2022 21:26

Shiva wrote: 27 Nov 2022 15:26
For me, in Sweden:
RDR2 -67% of 59,99€ = 19,79€
Ultimate Edition -70% of 89,99€ = 26,99€

Texas DLC 17,99€

Texas DLC still cheaper here. Even with the massive RDR2 discounts.

Your Texas DLC, 134 Turkish Lire
according to xe.com
134,00 Turkish Lire = 6,9236785 Euro

1 TRY = 0,0516692 EUR

1 EUR = 19,3539 TRY
I also totally aggree what @saur44l said. Even though the devalutaion of lira, prices would be higher if it was directly converted from Euro or USD.In short, despite such expensiveness and taxation, Steam still favors folks in Turkey.
Thanks for info and calculation though.
Optional Features

#8335 Post by Optional Features » 27 Nov 2022 22:32

oldmanclippy wrote: 27 Nov 2022 18:24 Yeah there's a particularly nice scenic Wallbert DC in Fort Worth on the road to the airport. Texas is great and it's the best DLC for sure, but it is definitely the worst example we've seen yet of the inaccessible depots being more interesting than the accessible ones. They're everywhere. They put all this effort into making these nice prefabs for companies that are already in the game, then we get to deliver to the ones from previous DLCs. I just don't understand.
It makes no sense whatsoever. I'm going to post a pic soon of a "new" company (aka new sign) on an old prefab next to two decorative companies that appear to sell the same thing.

Imo, the prefab team should almost be dissolved completely. There is no need to make square, standardized delivery prefabs that are then dispersed across the map in several states when the mapping team is already making better drop off points that are unique, in many cases, to each individual place.

I shouldn't arrive in Texas and see the same docks I saw in 11 states before it. And I know that states that aren't even out yet will use these prefabs again. I'm already mentally ready to deliver to Illinois because I have seen 80% of the places to deliver.
Bedavd

#8336 Post by Bedavd » 27 Nov 2022 22:37

It is interesting that in recent DLCs, each truckstop has been bespoke to more closely match the real-life layouts of the stops they're modeled on, but the company yards are being copy and pasted around. If they have the time and ability to do it with each truckstop I'd hope they could start doing it with the companies too. There are some larger warehouses around Texas, but they're really just the old prefabs slotted into larger buildings, and there's never trailers spawning in the areas that aren't linked to the older prefabs.

The railyards and airports have been done more property and I really appreciate that. Hope it eventually extends to everything, and hopefully sooner than later.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Optional Features

#8337 Post by Optional Features » 27 Nov 2022 22:45

Bedavd wrote: 27 Nov 2022 22:37 It is interesting that in recent DLCs, each truckstop has been bespoke to more closely match the real-life layouts of the stops they're modeled on, but the company yards are being copy and pasted around. If they have the time and ability to do it with each truckstop I'd hope they could start doing it with the companies too.
They are making decorative truck yards as well:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Bedavd

#8338 Post by Bedavd » 27 Nov 2022 23:12

I think for the completely inaccessible truck yards that's a lot easier. They can just slap assets and decoration around willy-nilly and not have to worry about if the player can navigate the yard. For the truck stops and actually deliverable pre-fabs it would require testing for each new one to ensure that the trucks and trailers can always get in and properly park where they need to. That's the nice thing about copy/pasting the old prefabs around. They already know they're accessible. But it does get stale and they do feel smaller and smaller as they put more effort into the decorative distribution centers.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
oldmanclippy

#8339 Post by oldmanclippy » 27 Nov 2022 23:35

Yeah it's kinda maddening how good the scenic prefabs look. They're also typically the ones that look the most American, rather than European, in layout. The Lone Star Forwarding deliverable prefabs are really nice though. IDK if there's just not enough communication between the people who make the deliverable prefabs vs the nondeliverable prefabs or something else, but it's something that really needs to start improving.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Optional Features

#8340 Post by Optional Features » 28 Nov 2022 00:32

Bedavd wrote: 27 Nov 2022 23:12 I think for the completely inaccessible truck yards that's a lot easier. They can just slap assets and decoration around willy-nilly and not have to worry about if the player can navigate the yard. For the truck stops and actually deliverable pre-fabs it would require testing for each new one to ensure that the trucks and trailers can always get in and properly park where they need to. That's the nice thing about copy/pasting the old prefabs around. They already know they're accessible. But it does get stale and they do feel smaller and smaller as they put more effort into the decorative distribution centers.
Well, how the yards could be fixed would be with a. buyable land, and b. a object delete/placement tool copied over from the map editor. Then we could delete stuff inside a property and add other decorations as desired.

And then if we can use more than one of our trucks and trailers at a time, we could see our stuff all together.
oldmanclippy wrote: 27 Nov 2022 23:35 Yeah it's kinda maddening how good the scenic prefabs look. They're also typically the ones that look the most American, rather than European, in layout. The Lone Star Forwarding deliverable prefabs are really nice though. IDK if there's just not enough communication between the people who make the deliverable prefabs vs the nondeliverable prefabs or something else, but it's something that really needs to start improving.
Yeah, the farms and grain elevators hurt the most. The deliverable ones are so standardized and almost always unrealistic. The decorative ones just look like farms.

Return to “General discussion about the game”