Texas Discussion Thread

Bedavd

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#4591 Post by Bedavd » 11 Aug 2022 16:53

Yeah the super rural blogs are almost impossible to hunt for, particularly given the vastness of Texas. I saw you found a few @halbtollekreatur and I'll toss them into my map, but honestly that was more than I expected lol.

Pictures look pretty great though! Even if they are overused companies (I'm meh with global mills but definitely would love to see something other than sunshine and bushnell) they all look really nicely busy. And those fields of wheat/cotten/etc look really cool, expanding as far as the eye can see. I'm not quite done with Montana, but Texas can't come fast enough lol.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Marcello Julio

#4592 Post by Marcello Julio » 11 Aug 2022 16:57

Yes, if we ignore the companies part, the companies structure and everything is incredible! The only problem is just new companies. But as I said, I believe that like ETS2, the new companies will be added later and are currently under development.
flight50

#4593 Post by flight50 » 11 Aug 2022 17:26

^Agreed. I'm happy with the visuals of Texas. The problem definitely is the company structure. I don't even know how many new industries Texas could get. So far 1 per the microsite with glass. I'm not sure if Cargo Forwarding counts. Its all industries combined. They are all existing to another which is fine. Its not always possible to bring new industries. Each state may or may not have something to offer for new industries But at least make new companies out of them because every state could offer a more in depth industry.

Based on the cargoes we do have or coming, I can tell you what Texas could have brought. Precast concrete depots, limestone quarry, sand quarry, piping manufacturers (plastic and metal)and clothes manufacturing with cotton coming. I'm sure there area few more I'm not thinking of.
oldmanclippy

#4595 Post by oldmanclippy » 11 Aug 2022 17:51

flight50 wrote: 11 Aug 2022 16:10 We know the space thing and glass companies are new industries. If those are not new companies..........I don't know what to think next.
SellGoods -> Amazon -> Jeff Bezos -> Blue Origin north of Van Horn -> space -> SellGoods

There's some nightmare fuel for ya :lol: Actually if they do morph SellGoods into being more explicitly an Amazon parody, then including their testing facility would actually be kind of cool.

The space center blog is probably about NASA. No way they don't come up with some excuses to get us there. Now the question is, can they use NASA's branding like they use the National Park Service branding? They'd have to get explicit permission according to this site. https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/guidelines/index.html It depends on if NASA would let them do it or not. NASA being in the game but being called something else would be pretty wacky. So hopefully SCS at least tried to get the rights to use NASA branding.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Tristman

#4596 Post by Tristman » 11 Aug 2022 17:54

What, you don't think SpaceCS is a good name? :D
flight50

#4597 Post by flight50 » 11 Aug 2022 18:17

Well NASA isn't the only option. There is also SpaceX that the microcsite could be referring to.
Trakaplex

#4598 Post by Trakaplex » 11 Aug 2022 19:14

Johnson Space Center, likely. SpaceX is just a rocket launcher base. Looks like there will be space for it in game.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
Sora

#4599 Post by Sora » 11 Aug 2022 19:27

Global Mills isn't unusual for Texas, seeing as it debuted with New Mexico.

I'll agree for Sunshine and Bushnell, though. Those should definitely be getting much less common by now.
parasaurolophus67

#4600 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 11 Aug 2022 19:29

I don't really have a problem with Global Mills ether. But I'll agree with Sunshine and Bushnell also.

Return to “General discussion about the game”