Texas Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#2371 Post by flight50 » 27 Jan 2022 22:08

^I think they are being sarcastic. Wallbert can get cotton only after a distribution of cotton balls in packages, Q-tips, bedding, towels and clothing from a factory. It doesn't' make sense to get cotton in bulk and that is the sarcasm because we get milk from a farm. It needs to be packaged first. That is why ATS cargo needs an overhaul.
Bedavd

#2372 Post by Bedavd » 27 Jan 2022 22:15

It's a joke about how you can deliver seemingly raw materials to the supermarket in the game, rather than to a processing company that would turn it into a retail good that they would actually sell in real life.

Flight said it, but yeah there are some weird shipments being made in the ATS universe it seems. The supply chain can be a little funky and sometimes skip over links. Raw goods should almost always go through a middle-man to finish it into a more useful good to most people. A hobby store might be a good addition soon, too, a la Joanne's Fabrics. Would add more to the (imo) underutilized paper industry and then cloth and textiles from the coming cotton industry.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
angrybirdseller

#2373 Post by angrybirdseller » 27 Jan 2022 22:42

Cotton is normally exported to China or Vietnam to make clothes 🤔 or was that in 2000s.
axl135

#2374 Post by axl135 » 27 Jan 2022 22:49

On the flip side, there are processed goods being shipped from farms, such as dry milk, cheese, & butter from Bushnell, and flour from Sunshine Crops. This arrangement does not make any more sense than shipping raw materials to retailers.

None of the Bushnell prefabs look like dairy processing plants, and none of the Sunshine Crops prefab look like flour mills.
flight50

#2375 Post by flight50 » 27 Jan 2022 23:07

Bedavd wrote: 27 Jan 2022 22:15 A hobby store might be a good addition soon, too, a la Joanne's Fabrics. Would add more to the (imo) underutilized paper industry and then cloth and textiles from the coming cotton industry.
Ya know......I've been wanting to request Hobby Lobby. It seems national. I see it all over the place. But I've been holding my tongue. Cool thing about a dedicated hobby store is that cargo can also go to Walmart and Target as well.
dkasper00

#2376 Post by dkasper00 » 27 Jan 2022 23:39

Helicopter being one of the odd deliveries to walbert
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
clifflandmark

#2377 Post by clifflandmark » 28 Jan 2022 02:01

That makes sense :mrgreen:
flight50

#2378 Post by flight50 » 28 Jan 2022 02:14

^And that makes absolutely zero sense. Only legit place to haul the chinook is to and from airport and perhaps a rail yard and a seaport. I have no clue where ETS2 ships its helicopter. I know there is a smaller standard one there that ATS does not have. But we need a legit place for a lot of cargo in ATS. Cargo has to have an origin. They can't just pop up at (x) facility and taken to (y) facility. That is not a realistic chain of cargo.

I look it it like this. If ETS2 doesn't have crazy pick up and drop offs, why does ATS? Cargo needs to make sense. Trailers on these depots need to make sense. Kenworth has zero business with a reefer trailer. Yes I am well aware that dry products can go in a reefer in the US. But if (x) facility does not produce products that are temperature related, why is the logo on that trailer. Plaster & Sons should not have a reefer. What building material product needs temperature control?

Speaking of helicopter, Bell and Lockheed Martin in Ft. Worth Texas would be a great prefab to have in order to produce helicopters. All we'd need is one. For this matter, it wouldn't even bother me if it was named Darwing. There are not many aerospace facilities that can make ATS but I don't think the one in Washington should be the only one we ever get. In all of the lands here, I think the US should see at leat 4-5 total spread out around the country. DFW is huge and it should host quite a bit. I have no clue what all they'd pack in it but one thing I'd hate to see is a lot of repeat companies from the past when Texas is host to a ton of new companies that we don't have in ATS that can serve as middle man companies. Texas is too big to not introduce just as much as the Montana blog recently indicated. Eventually we'll get a Texas industry blog and I'm hoping that I can pick up my jaw after an hr of reading the blog, lol. Construction and Agriculture should eat middle man for lunch in Texas. Each of those could have like 4-5 different types of establishments to allow cargo to make more sense.

Texas has things like building material establishments. Roofing manufacturers and insulation manufacturers. There are real lumber yards that produce plywood too. That's and easy cargo to have along with drywall. Those two only needs one bundle made. Copy the rest and you are set. Same with roofing. Make one pallet....the rest is copied. There are precast concrete yards here. Like Foreterra. The one I spoke of in the basemap thread. Texas has Tyler pipe. Its a cast iron foundry. We have metal pipes in the game but where do they come from. Wind turbine blades. They ship out to sea ports. Can Texas bring blades and rotors to add to what Colorado started. Can we get real tower parts? No wind turbine tower is smaller than the cab of a truck. Check out any turbine blade or tower in transport and note the relation of the parts to the cab of the truck. SCS should revisit this cargo and adjust it for immersion. Texas and do a lot for immersion but SCS must have the bandwidth to make cargo justified. I don't think people will be happy with a high priced Texas if the dlc can't provide that HUGE feel to it. The dlc will be pack and it need to feel hugely packed across the board. Otherwise, people will complain that they paid too much. The map can look good and all but the pieces that come along with the dlc, kind of needs to match the map detail energy as well in order to the dlc to be a great dlc.
Trucker Nik

#2379 Post by Trucker Nik » 28 Jan 2022 06:21

@flight50 boyfriend do you ever sleep? Because every time I come to see a part of the ATS forum, I see posts mainly from you :lol: :lol:
flight50

#2380 Post by flight50 » 28 Jan 2022 06:50

Lol. I typically only get in like 5-6 hrs if I'm lucky. Nit to mention, I am different time zone. The older I get the less I sleep. Too much racing thru my head. Too much to do in my daily routine. I come here to take a breaks from a busy day or to kill time doing something I like....talking about this game.

Return to “General discussion about the game”