Texas Discussion Thread

Double M

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#2281 Post by Double M » 19 Jan 2022 19:02

I know it's still early days and we're still a few months away from the launch of Texas.

Have you thought what will be the first route you do in Texas?

I have it clear, the first trip I want to make is from Las Cruces to Houston on I-10. And from there go exploring the dlc little by little, without any hurry and enjoying it.
flight50

#2282 Post by flight50 » 19 Jan 2022 20:46

Texas is more than a few months away perhaps. But yes, I know my route for my original and oldest profile. Depends on Montana though.

If Montana first: My first trip to Texas is from Billings to Austin to setup HQ.

If Texas first: My first trip to Texas is from Cheyenne to Austin to set up HQ.

So I'm I-25 to I-40 no matter what then work my way to Austin. Whenever I take I-10 it will have to get me to start in either El Paso or Beaumont and run the entire I-10 in Texas. I'll save that one. Then I-35 from start to end, then I-20. I'm sure I'll mix in all the US and State roads in time too.

Now on my heavily modded profile, I'll be getting to DFW to setup HQ as my permanent home on that profile. But its never too early to talk plans for a w.i.p. dlc.
Tristman

#2283 Post by Tristman » 19 Jan 2022 21:20

With Texas being so large, I still don't really know what to expect from it. I think I will start in Albuquerque and take a random external contract into Texas, letting the game decide where I go.
From there out, I'll try and visit the different biomes and big cities to get a good feel of the DLC.
Tails

#2284 Post by Tails » 19 Jan 2022 21:26

I will try a trip from Denver to Austin or Houston.

as for owning a garage in Texas I would think about Houston , San Antonio or Austin as my main HQ.
Last edited by Tails on 19 Jan 2022 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
flight50

#2285 Post by flight50 » 19 Jan 2022 21:28

Its probably going to be a mad crazy dlc that everyone will enjoy driving in. I wouldn't want to be that person that does not have Texas. If SCS crams enough in there, it should be a very busy dlc. The roads and cities will be the shining light for Texas by far. Its the size of ETS2 maps and people been waiting for such a size in one dlc for ATS.
Onagerlinn

#2286 Post by Onagerlinn » 19 Jan 2022 23:38

I'll be starting in Phoenix. Will probably enter via I-10 at El Paso. Where in Texas I go depends on what destinations are available.
Ryley03d

#2287 Post by Ryley03d » 19 Jan 2022 23:55

I would start in Las Cruses, then drive I-10 the full 880 (or what I can based on the scope)
Also, there is a Peterbilt on the 610.
TheAmir259

#2288 Post by TheAmir259 » 20 Jan 2022 00:12

Chances are, those who have only started or are still stuck with just the basemaps will try to buy New Mexico along with Texas, as starting from California still means a Coast to Coast journey, and you'll also be buying the least amount of DLCs necessary to get there. Texas is definitely one that a lot of people will be looking forward to, buying, and trying to get access to, as opposed to Montana in which i bet a lot of people will treat it as skippable.
Two wrongs don't make a right, three lefts...do :D
Xaagon

#2289 Post by Xaagon » 20 Jan 2022 00:21

I have a mod-free profile that I use for SCS events & exploring the map to 100% (or as close as I can get). This profile's main garage is in Sacramento. Most likely, there will be some kind of Explore Texas event at the same time as the DLC launches, and map changes like a DLC release will automatically reset this truck to Sacramento.

With the last several DLC releases I've taken a job from Sacramento to Ukiah, my real-life childhood home, then taken a job from the Ukiah Walbert to a random destination within the new DLC. Then I drive the heck out of the new DLC in a mad race to change all the gray roads yellow and get all the new achievements. I'm a bit OCD about this to the point that ATS becomes more work than fun for a while.

With Texas, I'm most interested in El Paso, as that's the only part of the state I've been to in real life. Coming from the west this will likely be my first taste of ATS Texas, unless my cargo destination makes more sense to use I-40 or something.
rbsanford

#2290 Post by rbsanford » 20 Jan 2022 01:58

When we get new roads I always explore them while bobtailing along a carefully planned route, so I can cover as much new territory as possible while avoiding as many already-explored roads as I can. So I'm planning on teleporting to Las Cruces, then driving I-10 as far east as It'll take me, then I'll move down the Gulf Coast to Brownsville, then up the Rio Grande to Laredo (assuming we'll get US 83), then I'll take I-35 as far north as I can; after that, I have no idea, I'll have to wait until we can see the road network to iron out the route, but I'm sure it'll take 2-3 days IRL to cover most of it.

I can really see Texas bringing a boost in popularity to ATS. Currently the game is a niche, but with the huge area Texas will provide, the state's significance in American and trucking culture, and the possibility of coast to coast hauls, I imagine more outsiders might become interested in the game.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.

Return to “General discussion about the game”