Texas Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#2251 Post by flight50 » 07 Jan 2022 13:57

I agree they can change, but will SCS bother is the question. There are certain things in Texas that can trigger dlc content worthy. HEB is one, Buc-ee’s, oil & gas and several others. I’m ready for a deeper dive into the economy. What do we get that is new, versus recycled depots.

I really think for the price that Texas will come, we’ll need as much new as possible. Again, Texas is a new region but will SCS treat it like all new regions that come to ETS2 for example. Pretty much everything is new in new regions for ETS2. I’d love to be optimistic here but I’m not to sure the short cut of recycling depots diminish with Texas.
SmokeyWolf

#2252 Post by SmokeyWolf » 07 Jan 2022 13:59

@flight50 How about renaming HEB to GWB?
flight50

#2253 Post by flight50 » 07 Jan 2022 15:52

I don't really care what they name it honestly. Just bring it, lol. A 3 letter depot would give us the impression on what it is based in its location. They might want to get away from using any initials from HEB though. I'd probably just go ahead and change out the B as well. With or without the periods works for me. ATS seriously needs some dedicated grocery stores though. Food and beverage cargo only. Walmart can have everything else. Sams and Costco are should be the bulk that Walmart/Target don't get. But I'm looking for Agriculture to start climbing the charts as a dominant industry in ATS. Only more and more agriculture will come with almost every state ahead.
Texshi

#2254 Post by Texshi » 07 Jan 2022 20:35

flight50 wrote: 07 Jan 2022 13:57 I agree they can change, but will SCS bother is the question. There are certain things in Texas that can trigger dlc content worthy. HEB is one, Buc-ee’s, oil & gas and several others. I’m ready for a deeper dive into the economy. What do we get that is new, versus recycled depots.

I really think for the price that Texas will come, we’ll need as much new as possible. Again, Texas is a new region but will SCS treat it like all new regions that come to ETS2 for example. Pretty much everything is new in new regions for ETS2. I’d love to be optimistic here but I’m not to sure the short cut of recycling depots diminish with Texas.
I would say no to buccees i get they are becoming a larger business.. but the whole signs at every entrance saying "No Trucks/ No 18 Wheelers" tells me they are Anti truck and have no business being IN a trucking game.. Though of course i know it won't be them but a reference...ehh i don't know just my thoughts on them
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
flight50

#2255 Post by flight50 » 07 Jan 2022 23:26

@Texshi What does Buc-ee's have a ton of that no other place in the US have? Tons of gas pumps. No other place in the US (as far as I know is larger). Buc-ee's is purely something for gas delivery and an iconic landmark for Texas roads. No one ever said Buc-ee's was a truck stop because its not. I've said that a few times around here. Buc-ee's is a landmark that fits Texas well imho. Many have mentioned it around here so its highly requested. If SCS ever got into food distribution with places like Sysco, US Foods, Ben E. Keith, CoreMark, McLane or Grocery Supply, then LTL would be huge and Buc-ee's and other small stores can easily play into the ATS economy. We can easily use it for other deliverables. Buc-ee's also has to get truck loads to stock the store ya know. I use to work for CoreMark Int. so I know allll the cargo that can go thru there and its a tonnnn. SCS can easily build pallets and pallets of cargo for LTL with small store distribution warehouses. We just need that industry and LTL.

So USBB and gas can go to Buc-ee's if you ask me day one. If we ever got a recycling plant, we can take cardboard bales, empty pallets, used packaging, forklifts, hvac units to and from Buc-ee's as well.
Xaagon

#2256 Post by Xaagon » 08 Jan 2022 01:19

As a non-Texan whose only visits to Texas have been to El Paso, I've never been to or seen a Buc-ee's, but it's one of the Texas places I've heard of. I actually did think they were truck stops, so oops on my part.

I've also heard of HEB, but have never been there. I agree that we need a variety of grocery places. Make an ATS version of HEB! Also consider making the in game scenic grocery store Hood's deliverable.

Another Texas chain I've heard of without ever going to is Whataburger. They're building one of those here in Colorado Springs now and I'm planning on trying it out when it opens.
MrDrCold

#2257 Post by MrDrCold » 08 Jan 2022 02:25

I passed through same Buc-ee's never stopped at one but with how huge they are you tell me they don't allows trucks when i seen Whataburger's in TX with Truck Parking. we have Whataburger here in NM and its better than In-n-Out.

only main cities in TX i haven't been to IRL are San Antonio and Austin.
flight50

#2258 Post by flight50 » 08 Jan 2022 08:13

@Xaagon Buc-ee’s isn’t in West Texas. They are pretty much I-35 and East of it and actually spreading East to the Atlantic in several states.

Whataburger coming to CS, eh. Well alright. My 2 recommendations is the patty melt and the sweet and sour burger. Mmmm. They are some pretty nice sized burgers too. If one of those as a large combo meal doesn’t fill you up, I’d hate to see what does, lol.
Texshi

#2259 Post by Texshi » 08 Jan 2022 16:25

Iconic or not with the attitude towards Trucking It's a solid no from me to give them any reference in such a game though, If anyone else wants them I suppose more power to them, But Brookshires is a brand to name as well for Groceries and others I can't sit and name though currently.
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
VTXcnME

#2260 Post by VTXcnME » 08 Jan 2022 22:39

Running I-10 or I-40 further east is going to be amazing. I can't wait to drive El Paso the first time. Hoping they include AT&T stadium (rebranded of course) as it's a major landmark in Arlington, right smack between Ft Worth and Dallas. Amarillo by morning, I can hear George Strait crooning now. Very much looking forward to crossing the NM/TX border. Leave Hobbs bound for Abilene? I'm en route.

I hope some of the locations around Dallas/Ft Worth get some love. Denton/Garland/Mesquite/Arlington. Even if they are scenery towns that help create more depot/business locations for Dallas and Forth Worth. Lotta ranching and oil around those parts. Hoping SCS pays attention to the industries and follows suit appropriately. Stock yards are a real thing, be nice to use that livestock trailer for something more than the 2 loads I've ever found in Wyoming ( eye roll here ) . There's so much that can go right and wrong with the DLC, I'm trying to not get too excited about it yet.

Return to “General discussion about the game”