Texas Discussion Thread

Marcello Julio

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#4501 Post by Marcello Julio » 07 Aug 2022 12:34

flight50 wrote: 06 Aug 2022 23:11 @Marcello Julio Oh you know I'm not fighting ya on that. Texas can do a lot more than just Target though. Ideally, I'd be looking at bringing a solid 5-6 retailers alone. The biggest ones that could make the most impact and be populated all over the US though is Target, Sam's, Costco, Lowe's, Kohls, Ikea, Kroger and Albertsons. There are many more but start with these, get these implemented and replace some overused depots..make space by removing some of those non functioning prefabs with functioning ones. Just those mentioned alone would vastly reduce the repetitiveness in the retail sector of ATS. Not all those need to go in every city but there are many Wallberts than can get replaced. Homestore could probably be reduce by 50% with Lowes. Costco and Sam's can split the load and debut in ATS as wholesale bulk loads. Ikea competes with Heartwood Furniture. Ikea also competes with Charged, Homestore and Lowes for appliances. Kroger and Albertsons are dedicated grocery stores. They could complete with Walmart and Target which are both supercenters. Supercenters can complete with Kohl's for non grocery products.

There's tons of cargo that can get shared with everything I just mentioned with a lot of crossing over into other stores along with importing and exporting. Between all those stores I just mentioned, you are looking at an easy 50-100 cargoes. Grocery stores alone can account for 50 cargoes if you look at the agriculture thread in my signature. So 50-100 is really feasible. The flatbed thread alone can get you 100+ cargoes. So I really don't think 100 between those 2 thread is impossible.
Yes, I agree 100% with you. The right thing would be to have more companies than just one. I don't know what the creative process behind the 2D design team, but I believe that at least 2 or 3 companies of each type could be made. We've recently had a team increase beyond Annie, we hope that means more companies. Montana has already brought us an example that is having an effect.
SouthernMan

#4502 Post by SouthernMan » 07 Aug 2022 14:11

SCS should also focus on small businesses, those that are more regional.

Have no doubt that SCS can bring in many more companies than they currently have.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
Viper28

#4503 Post by Viper28 » 07 Aug 2022 16:26

seriousmods wrote: 07 Aug 2022 00:44 Industry and interactivity are the two things missing from the game.

The map with Montana is complete for now. But I want to do more. I want to make a yard in Montana for my trucks. I want to physically store trailers. I want to have a sign on my company with my logo. I want to be able to build and separate trailer sets. I'd like to be able to do multi drop or take long term contracts.

Features hopefully will be coming soon, and way more focus (retroactive in places) on industry. There's so much space, but so little is deliverable.
I'm sorry, but what do you think this is? It's a truck simulation game! NOT a trucking simulation game! Besides, features such as these might scare some folks off with their intensity. ;)
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
flight50

#4504 Post by flight50 » 07 Aug 2022 17:03

I haven't done a long post like this in awhile. I don't expect everyone to sit here and read this but a few will. I just hope its the right few :D

@Marcello Julio 2-3 companies per industries is a great start to kick in. Texas has the size to toy with this idea. There a sooo many cities and so much space all in one dlc to do so. Texas is a huge playground. It more than just numerous cities and road. Its a wealth of industries and new options for ATS. What could be made with Texas can spread out into older and new upcoming dlc's to add a ton of diversity for all of ATS. Considering other states are smaller, only a few of the new depots made for Texas would have to go elsewhere when applicable. Example, lets say we do get Target, Walgreens or CVS, Costco or Sam's, Lowes and Kohls. These are mostly in large cities and mega sized cities. These can get pushed out to every city where they actually apply thru several updates like Colorado restaurants did, this removes enough repetitive places on the map. After Texas, there should be plenty of people than can go back and tweak the map. We don't have jump right to 3 paid maps. 2 for 2023 is good. Use the extra bandwidth to go fix the entire map to add diversity to minimize the over used companies. We can go to 3 map dlc's a year for 2024. Address the entire map's ICC's now while its smaller because with 3 maps a year, it going to get much worse.

My vision for Texas (doesn't mean is the only way) is to leave 70-75% of the current companies in the West. Only bring over 25-30% companies is a much better look for a new region.

Add 1 new competitor company for:
42 Print - add new cargo types
Fish Tale Food - Texas will offer several cities along or close to the Gulf of Mexico
Johnson & Johnson - Texas is too big to just have this one
American Lines - same as Johnson & Johnson
Waldens - this is new but populate this company in the West. The South and MidWest will each need a new brand
18 Wheels Garage - this is new but populate this company in the West. The South and MidWest will each need a new brand
MWM - this is new but populate this company in the West. The South and MidWest will each need a new brand. Add landfill depots
Vitas Power - Texas is actually the no. 1 state for wind power. This was just recent brought to my attention by @VTXcnME. Thanks. A new company would be ideal here. Leave Vitas in the West
Sea Horizon - Leave it in the West. Make a new one for each of the other 3 regions
Steeler - Leave it in the West. Make a new one for each of the other 3 regions
Farmers Barn - Leave it in the West. Make a new one for each of the other 3 regions
Avalanche Steel - Leave it in the West. Make a new one for each of the other 3 regions
NAMIQ - Leave it in the West. Make 1 new one for each region. But Coastline could possibly work for all the coastlines in the US. Landlocked states would have just 1 option but coastal states could have 2. This makes a total of 5 for the entire US. Not to bad
Bitumen - Leave it in the West. Make a new one for each of the other 3 regions

Add 2 new competitor companies for:
Car Dealership - we have Voltison, DeMuro and Drake. But Texas's frontage roads are littered with car dealerships along with major avenues. Texas is also bringing car factories. I'd add 2 new car dealerships to mix in with the other 3 we have to make 5 total for all of ATS. More is better but 5 is good for now
Olthon Homes - Texas is huge. Dr. Horton is the US's largest home builder and are based in Texas. Texas could use 2 new brands. Leave Olthon Homes in the West. Bring new companies for other regions
Faraday Energy - Texas is large enough to support 2 of these alone. Let Faraday populate the West. Bring 2 to Texas and for the South. The MidWest will need the same. The West can also add 1 more to spread it around. Each region can easily have 2 energy companies. Bring solar and nuclear energy
Chemso - we'll need fresh blood for his one with the Gulf coming into play. Lots of chemical companies like DuPont, Dow and LyondellBasell along the coast
Tidbit/Eddy's - Would be nice to get CVS and Walgreen. I'm not positive on if Tidbit/Eddy's is suppose to be pharmacies or if they are small grocery stores
Bushnell Farms - Leave in the West and add another for the West. For the new regions, bring 2 brand new companies. (4) regions....8 livestock companies
HMS - Leave in the West and add 1 new one. This company is being over used. Create 2 new ones for new regions
Deepgrove - Each region should have their own logging companies. Each region could have 2 each to remove repetitiveness. Lumber Jill can go to the West since its already in the game files. The South and MidWest can get 2 new ones each for their regions

Add 3 or more competitor companies for:
Global Mills - wayyy to many food manufacturers to just have 1. ATS could easily have a dozen or more of these. Many can be one offs so making generic prefabs can work easier
Gallon Oil - too many gas companies exist to just have Gallon all over the place. Texas needs to feature at least 3 new refineries along with their gas stations. We need a lot of gas station deliver jobs. Add airports to this. We need diesel, aviation and gasoline delivers. It can start with Texas
Rail Export - Getting to the multiple rail company territory. There is Union Pacific, BSNF, Kansas Rail, CSX and Norfolk. I'm not sure if Rail Export is suppose to be BNSF or UP but it would be better to rename Rail Export to either BNSF or UP and make a new one for the other brand
Sunshine Crops - OMG. Noooooooooooo way ATS can continue with only one. Each region should have at least 3 crop farms. Agriculture is one of the largest industries for ATS but its being limited by the number of farms options and lack of grocery stores
Plaster & Sons - OMG. Noooooooooooo way ATS can continue with only one construction company. There should be 2-3 of these already for just the West alone. This is the second most overused depot in ATS. Cooper Construction...should be a real depot

These companies imho are rare enough that they could be brought over into the next 2 regions but don't over use them:
Goliah
Darchelle Uzau/Mon Coeur
Sweet Beets

These are your National companies so these fit the 25-30% to populate all the US:
Charged - aka Best Buy but we need another option like Conns, Dell, Samsung, Hewlett Packard, Apple, Intel
USBB - bring in Pepsi and Dr. Pepper parodies. These 3 would cover the entire US. Kolico is there, just make it functional and add one more
Home Store -we need Lowes and eventually Menards for the MidWest
Sell Goods - OMG. Noooooooooooo way ATS can continue with only one. There should be half a dozen of these already. ETS2 has like 10+ already. There's a solid top 25 in the US that can be used
Heartwood Furniture - Add 2 more for Texas but Heartwood can be national. We have places like Ashley Furniture, Rooms to Go and Ikea. There are more of course but I'd go with just these 3 for now
Wallbert - OMG. Noooooooooooo way ATS can continue on this current path. Wallbert is the worse offender of overused. 75-80% are fictional locations in ATS. Much needed help here
Page & Price - There is Georgia Pacific and International Paper that can populate the entire US. More than one is ideal

New companies needed for existing industries:
Case/New Holland/John Deere - we need a farming equipment manufacturer and a farming whole seller. Must have for the upcoming Great Plains
Precast - Forterra and CoreSlab always comes to mind here. We have precast tubes and concrete but no manufacturer to make them. Opens up construction sector in ATS
Pipes - We have pvc and metal pipe cargo assortments to be made. We have metal pipes but we don't have a manufacturer to make them. Opens up construction sector in ATS
Dedicated grocery stores - Kroger and Albertsons are national. They also have regional chains. Lots of variety needed here. Wallbert can't be the only one
Kohl's - Texas is bringing cotton so this opens up a lot more retail options for clothing and person items
JBS/Cargill - processing plants. We may not get to take livestock here but at least we can take the byproducts out. ETS2 implemented it, why can't ATS. Big missing hole for ATS
Tire factories - needed with truck plants and car plants in the mix
Livestock - Hogs, sheep, goats. By products cargoes like leather from cattle, wool from sheep, milk from goats

New Industry suggestion:. I'm sure there are a few more industries I missed but these could wrap up industries in ATS. So plan ahead research team
Textile companies
Flooring manufacturer - carpets and hardwood floors. Cargo goes to Floor & Decor, Home Depot, Lowes, Menards
Water and Outdoors - Dicks, Cabela's, Bass Pro. These are National chains
Confectionary factories
Snacks - Frito Lay is huge. Lots of options here
Bakery - breads and pastries. serves the grocery store chains
Healthcare
Military - slim chance but its an option
Poultry - turkey, duck and chickens. By products....eggs and feathers. Feathers could work with cotton to make bedding and apparel factory delivers
Parcel - Posted would be a great option here. UDS is also in the game. USPS is the other major option. We could use 2 or all three for the entire US. These can go in the largest cities. Lets say the top 30-50 cities in the US for the largest cities in each state gets these to not overuse it. 30-50 Posted depots spread out Nationally isn't bad
Moving style transport - North American, Allied, Atlas, Mayflower. office buildings and street delivers for small down centers comes into play here
Amazon - huge missing opportunity here. This company has cargo galore
Personal Care - Proctor Gamble, Kimberly Clark, Johnson & Johnson
Food Services - Sysco, US Foods

Texas has been in development for almost 4 years now. It has huge potential. We don't know how much of the above is getting address with Texas but one thing for sure is that Texas can not be a copy paste effort for more than 50% of what we current have. 50% is even worse case. I think a max of 25-30% is okay to come over. Phasing out some companies as we go from West to East at the least. But Texas is just too large to not address a lot of the above. From new industries to new companies, Texas really has to bring a brand new mindset to how the rest of ATS will go. So Texas has always been that template state for many reason imo. And not I'm speaking from my point of view. Doesn't mean its the only way. I'm only presenting options and ideas here. From massive road networks, to massive cities to a huge ICC effort implemented, Texas is that one state that people look for the most. Its the one state that imho, brings more people supporting ATS that was holding out on ATS to the table. But the problem is, how much new will Texas add to attract more people.

Texas could easily be that one no brainer buy and get people buying all the dlc's. If the above doesn't get addressed for Texas and beyond, I don't see how ATS rebounds with the upcoming states in Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska before we get states like Missouri, Louisiana and Illinois. If sales are weak after Texas, it will be because of what I just stated above...............diversity/variety is a must now. Texas will be the 12 state in ATS and lots of ICCs should start to get addressed now. I'm feel like I'm turning into a Karen with ICCs but my post about ICCs benefits all of ATS. It benefits all players. Its not just me selfishly thinking for myself. Had SCS never lost focus on ICCs, all the backlash that exist now would be so obvious. Instead of saying its not so easy to implement, the better thinking would be.......how can we implement. It now much harder to do with a larger map. I'd like to see the asset team take 2023 and create a massive amount of depot for the future. Plan out depots much better. Plan for w.i.p dlc's, old dlc's and future ones. When its time for (x) new depot, its already made, just drop it in. A map designer can't place what they don't have. Too many options missing for ATS even with just 1/3 of the US done.

Texas has a chance to correct all this. Even if only a little comes, that helps. Even if SCS blogged that a massive ICC overhaul is about to be phased into ATS, that helps. Phase in the restaurants. Phase in like NAMIQ. Its not impossible. Not easy perhaps but definitely not impossible. Doing nothing is the wrong solution and how we got to now. Blogging changes at least lets ATS fans know the plan is to address ICCs. Pavel's words on the Montana stream about Cargo and Features are coming was a positive. But how soon will we see it? With increased bandwidth, maybe...just maybe after Texas or even before it, things will seriously start addressing ICCs regularly. I hope Texas is that wake up call for ATS/SCS to realize how little is done for ATS compared to ETS2. I hope this isn't seen as a rant of negativity here. I think enough of you see me post daily to only want the best for ATS and its fans. Is not about me though. Its about the community and I want the entire community to have diverse fun. Currently we are not getting it. Sooooooo Texas.......your up. What will we get.
Last edited by flight50 on 07 Aug 2022 17:10, edited 5 times in total.
SouthernMan

#4505 Post by SouthernMan » 07 Aug 2022 17:05

Viper28 wrote: 07 Aug 2022 16:26
seriousmods wrote: 07 Aug 2022 00:44 Industry and interactivity are the two things missing from the game.

The map with Montana is complete for now. But I want to do more. I want to make a yard in Montana for my trucks. I want to physically store trailers. I want to have a sign on my company with my logo. I want to be able to build and separate trailer sets. I'd like to be able to do multi drop or take long term contracts.

Features hopefully will be coming soon, and way more focus (retroactive in places) on industry. There's so much space, but so little is deliverable.
I'm sorry, but what do you think this is? It's a truck simulation game! NOT a trucking simulation game! Besides, features such as these might scare some folks off with their intensity. ;)
Well, 18 Wos was also, in a way, a "truck simulator", and had some of the things that @seriousmods cited.

And tbh, I'm very curious as to how features like these can scare someone. :lol:
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
oldmanclippy

#4506 Post by oldmanclippy » 07 Aug 2022 18:03

SouthernMan wrote: 07 Aug 2022 17:05 Well, 18 Wos was also, in a way, a "truck simulator", and had some of the things that @seriousmods cited.

And tbh, I'm very curious as to how features like these can scare someone. :lol:
I think Viper28 was being sarcastic, hence the winky face
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Mooner_37

#4507 Post by Mooner_37 » 07 Aug 2022 21:01

Would there be signs like Hurricane Evacuation route in the Texas DLC?

[ external image ]

I saw one on I-37 North in San Antonio. In the Wyoming DLC there were signs to close I-80 and I-25 too when flashing. In my opinion it would be a nice addition.
Current Headquarters: Liège, Berlin, L.A. Luxemburg, Seattle
Current Trucks: ETS2: 15 ATS: 2
Driving Truck: ETS2: DAF XF ATS: Peterbilt 579
Current Mileage: ETS2: 462,317 km (287,270 miles) - ATS: 384,392 km (238,850 miles)
Level: ETS2: 65 - ATS: 55
Optional Features

#4508 Post by Optional Features » 07 Aug 2022 22:23

Viper28 wrote: 07 Aug 2022 16:26 I'm sorry, but what do you think this is? It's a truck simulation game! NOT a trucking simulation game! Besides, features such as these might scare some folks off with their intensity. ;)
Haha, you never know. :D
SouthernMan

#4509 Post by SouthernMan » 07 Aug 2022 22:51

oldmanclippy wrote: 07 Aug 2022 18:03
SouthernMan wrote: 07 Aug 2022 17:05 Well, 18 Wos was also, in a way, a "truck simulator", and had some of the things that @seriousmods cited.

I think Viper28 was being sarcastic, hence the winky face
I hope so, tbh. :lol:
alaskagames

#4510 Post by alaskagames » 08 Aug 2022 00:03

flight50 wrote: 07 Aug 2022 17:03 I haven't done a long post like this in awhile. I don't expect everyone to sit here and read this but a few will. I just hope its the right few :D

@Marcello Julio 2-3 companies per industries is a great start to kick in. Texas has the size to toy with this idea. There a sooo many cities and so much space all in one dlc to do so. Texas is a huge playground. It more than just numerous cities and road. Its a wealth of industries and new options for ATS. What could be made with Texas can spread out into older and new upcoming dlc's to add a ton of diversity for all of ATS. Considering other states are smaller, only a few of the new depots made for Texas would have to go elsewhere when applicable. Example, lets say we do get Target, Walgreens or CVS, Costco or Sam's, Lowes and Kohls. These are mostly in large cities and mega sized cities. These can get pushed out to every city where they actually apply thru several updates like Colorado restaurants did, this removes enough repetitive places on the map. After Texas, there should be plenty of people than can go back and tweak the map. We don't have jump right to 3 paid maps. 2 for 2023 is good. Use the extra bandwidth to go fix the entire map to add diversity to minimize the over used companies. We can go to 3 map dlc's a year for 2024. Address the entire map's ICC's now while its smaller because with 3 maps a year, it going to get much worse.

My vision for Texas (doesn't mean is the only way) is to leave 70-75% of the current companies in the West. Only bring over 25-30% companies is a much better look for a new region.

Add 1 new competitor company for:
42 Print - add new cargo types
Fish Tale Food - Texas will offer several cities along or close to the Gulf of Mexico
Johnson & Johnson - Texas is too big to just have this one
American Lines - same as Johnson & Johnson
Waldens - this is new but populate this company in the West. The South and MidWest will each need a new brand
18 Wheels Garage - this is new but populate this company in the West. The South and MidWest will each need a new brand
MWM - this is new but populate this company in the West. The South and MidWest will each need a new brand. Add landfill depots
Vitas Power - Texas is actually the no. 1 state for wind power. This was just recent brought to my attention by @VTXcnME. Thanks. A new company would be ideal here. Leave Vitas in the West
Sea Horizon - Leave it in the West. Make a new one for each of the other 3 regions
Steeler - Leave it in the West. Make a new one for each of the other 3 regions
Farmers Barn - Leave it in the West. Make a new one for each of the other 3 regions
Avalanche Steel - Leave it in the West. Make a new one for each of the other 3 regions
NAMIQ - Leave it in the West. Make 1 new one for each region. But Coastline could possibly work for all the coastlines in the US. Landlocked states would have just 1 option but coastal states could have 2. This makes a total of 5 for the entire US. Not to bad
Bitumen - Leave it in the West. Make a new one for each of the other 3 regions

Add 2 new competitor companies for:
Car Dealership - we have Voltison, DeMuro and Drake. But Texas's frontage roads are littered with car dealerships along with major avenues. Texas is also bringing car factories. I'd add 2 new car dealerships to mix in with the other 3 we have to make 5 total for all of ATS. More is better but 5 is good for now
Olthon Homes - Texas is huge. Dr. Horton is the US's largest home builder and are based in Texas. Texas could use 2 new brands. Leave Olthon Homes in the West. Bring new companies for other regions
Faraday Energy - Texas is large enough to support 2 of these alone. Let Faraday populate the West. Bring 2 to Texas and for the South. The MidWest will need the same. The West can also add 1 more to spread it around. Each region can easily have 2 energy companies. Bring solar and nuclear energy
Chemso - we'll need fresh blood for his one with the Gulf coming into play. Lots of chemical companies like DuPont, Dow and LyondellBasell along the coast
Tidbit/Eddy's - Would be nice to get CVS and Walgreen. I'm not positive on if Tidbit/Eddy's is suppose to be pharmacies or if they are small grocery stores
Bushnell Farms - Leave in the West and add another for the West. For the new regions, bring 2 brand new companies. (4) regions....8 livestock companies
HMS - Leave in the West and add 1 new one. This company is being over used. Create 2 new ones for new regions
Deepgrove - Each region should have their own logging companies. Each region could have 2 each to remove repetitiveness. Lumber Jill can go to the West since its already in the game files. The South and MidWest can get 2 new ones each for their regions

Add 3 or more competitor companies for:
Global Mills - wayyy to many food manufacturers to just have 1. ATS could easily have a dozen or more of these. Many can be one offs so making generic prefabs can work easier
Gallon Oil - too many gas companies exist to just have Gallon all over the place. Texas needs to feature at least 3 new refineries along with their gas stations. We need a lot of gas station deliver jobs. Add airports to this. We need diesel, aviation and gasoline delivers. It can start with Texas
Rail Export - Getting to the multiple rail company territory. There is Union Pacific, BSNF, Kansas Rail, CSX and Norfolk. I'm not sure if Rail Export is suppose to be BNSF or UP but it would be better to rename Rail Export to either BNSF or UP and make a new one for the other brand
Sunshine Crops - OMG. Noooooooooooo way ATS can continue with only one. Each region should have at least 3 crop farms. Agriculture is one of the largest industries for ATS but its being limited by the number of farms options and lack of grocery stores
Plaster & Sons - OMG. Noooooooooooo way ATS can continue with only one construction company. There should be 2-3 of these already for just the West alone. This is the second most overused depot in ATS. Cooper Construction...should be a real depot

These companies imho are rare enough that they could be brought over into the next 2 regions but don't over use them:
Goliah
Darchelle Uzau/Mon Coeur
Sweet Beets

These are your National companies so these fit the 25-30% to populate all the US:
Charged - aka Best Buy but we need another option like Conns, Dell, Samsung, Hewlett Packard, Apple, Intel
USBB - bring in Pepsi and Dr. Pepper parodies. These 3 would cover the entire US. Kolico is there, just make it functional and add one more
Home Store -we need Lowes and eventually Menards for the MidWest
Sell Goods - OMG. Noooooooooooo way ATS can continue with only one. There should be half a dozen of these already. ETS2 has like 10+ already. There's a solid top 25 in the US that can be used
Heartwood Furniture - Add 2 more for Texas but Heartwood can be national. We have places like Ashley Furniture, Rooms to Go and Ikea. There are more of course but I'd go with just these 3 for now
Wallbert - OMG. Noooooooooooo way ATS can continue on this current path. Wallbert is the worse offender of overused. 75-80% are fictional locations in ATS. Much needed help here
Page & Price - There is Georgia Pacific and International Paper that can populate the entire US. More than one is ideal

New companies needed for existing industries:
Case/New Holland/John Deere - we need a farming equipment manufacturer and a farming whole seller. Must have for the upcoming Great Plains
Precast - Forterra and CoreSlab always comes to mind here. We have precast tubes and concrete but no manufacturer to make them. Opens up construction sector in ATS
Pipes - We have pvc and metal pipe cargo assortments to be made. We have metal pipes but we don't have a manufacturer to make them. Opens up construction sector in ATS
Dedicated grocery stores - Kroger and Albertsons are national. They also have regional chains. Lots of variety needed here. Wallbert can't be the only one
Kohl's - Texas is bringing cotton so this opens up a lot more retail options for clothing and person items
JBS/Cargill - processing plants. We may not get to take livestock here but at least we can take the byproducts out. ETS2 implemented it, why can't ATS. Big missing hole for ATS
Tire factories - needed with truck plants and car plants in the mix
Livestock - Hogs, sheep, goats. By products cargoes like leather from cattle, wool from sheep, milk from goats

New Industry suggestion:. I'm sure there are a few more industries I missed but these could wrap up industries in ATS. So plan ahead research team
Textile companies
Flooring manufacturer - carpets and hardwood floors. Cargo goes to Floor & Decor, Home Depot, Lowes, Menards
Water and Outdoors - Dicks, Cabela's, Bass Pro. These are National chains
Confectionary factories
Snacks - Frito Lay is huge. Lots of options here
Bakery - breads and pastries. serves the grocery store chains
Healthcare
Military - slim chance but its an option
Poultry - turkey, duck and chickens. By products....eggs and feathers. Feathers could work with cotton to make bedding and apparel factory delivers
Parcel - Posted would be a great option here. UDS is also in the game. USPS is the other major option. We could use 2 or all three for the entire US. These can go in the largest cities. Lets say the top 30-50 cities in the US for the largest cities in each state gets these to not overuse it. 30-50 Posted depots spread out Nationally isn't bad
Moving style transport - North American, Allied, Atlas, Mayflower. office buildings and street delivers for small down centers comes into play here
Amazon - huge missing opportunity here. This company has cargo galore
Personal Care - Proctor Gamble, Kimberly Clark, Johnson & Johnson
Food Services - Sysco, US Foods

Texas has been in development for almost 4 years now. It has huge potential. We don't know how much of the above is getting address with Texas but one thing for sure is that Texas can not be a copy paste effort for more than 50% of what we current have. 50% is even worse case. I think a max of 25-30% is okay to come over. Phasing out some companies as we go from West to East at the least. But Texas is just too large to not address a lot of the above. From new industries to new companies, Texas really has to bring a brand new mindset to how the rest of ATS will go. So Texas has always been that template state for many reason imo. And not I'm speaking from my point of view. Doesn't mean its the only way. I'm only presenting options and ideas here. From massive road networks, to massive cities to a huge ICC effort implemented, Texas is that one state that people look for the most. Its the one state that imho, brings more people supporting ATS that was holding out on ATS to the table. But the problem is, how much new will Texas add to attract more people.

Texas could easily be that one no brainer buy and get people buying all the dlc's. If the above doesn't get addressed for Texas and beyond, I don't see how ATS rebounds with the upcoming states in Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska before we get states like Missouri, Louisiana and Illinois. If sales are weak after Texas, it will be because of what I just stated above...............diversity/variety is a must now. Texas will be the 12 state in ATS and lots of ICCs should start to get addressed now. I'm feel like I'm turning into a Karen with ICCs but my post about ICCs benefits all of ATS. It benefits all players. Its not just me selfishly thinking for myself. Had SCS never lost focus on ICCs, all the backlash that exist now would be so obvious. Instead of saying its not so easy to implement, the better thinking would be.......how can we implement. It now much harder to do with a larger map. I'd like to see the asset team take 2023 and create a massive amount of depot for the future. Plan out depots much better. Plan for w.i.p dlc's, old dlc's and future ones. When its time for (x) new depot, its already made, just drop it in. A map designer can't place what they don't have. Too many options missing for ATS even with just 1/3 of the US done.

Texas has a chance to correct all this. Even if only a little comes, that helps. Even if SCS blogged that a massive ICC overhaul is about to be phased into ATS, that helps. Phase in the restaurants. Phase in like NAMIQ. Its not impossible. Not easy perhaps but definitely not impossible. Doing nothing is the wrong solution and how we got to now. Blogging changes at least lets ATS fans know the plan is to address ICCs. Pavel's words on the Montana stream about Cargo and Features are coming was a positive. But how soon will we see it? With increased bandwidth, maybe...just maybe after Texas or even before it, things will seriously start addressing ICCs regularly. I hope Texas is that wake up call for ATS/SCS to realize how little is done for ATS compared to ETS2. I hope this isn't seen as a rant of negativity here. I think enough of you see me post daily to only want the best for ATS and its fans. Is not about me though. Its about the community and I want the entire community to have diverse fun. Currently we are not getting it. Sooooooo Texas.......your up. What will we get.
Firstly, amazing detailed thread. Thanks for taking the time to write it! Secondly Id love to add on to the John Deere or farm equipment dealer. Totally agree! A lot of times off the sides of highways they have dealers for RVs, John Deeres, cool little toys... It would be super cool for SCS to add in those ideas, a dealer for farm equipment, a dealer for RVs, a dealer for trailers or ATVs. And of course with that, comes the loads. Trailers for pickups, RV shells for pickups, small tractors/loaders... So many cool lowboy/dropdeck trailers for SCS to add. We really need this!

Return to “General discussion about the game”