Texas Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#4521 Post by flight50 » 08 Aug 2022 15:49

oldmanclippy wrote: 08 Aug 2022 15:08 I want ATS to take what works from ETS2, combine it with what works in ATS, and add in all the types of company distributions that are missing from both games.
This is my desire as well.

I posted a blue print. Its easy to comment off another person idea but I don't see anyone trying to break down what to do for ICC's. So any thoughts and comments are welcome. I can only get the ball rolling. SCS can see the conversations and come up with a solution that works keeping in mind info provided. My point is for the research team to use the list I provide as a guide as to what North America is about logistically. Find out what companies to bring now and for the future and what to implement in previous states. Find out how to make the economy deeper now. Find out how to make the economy deeper once you run out of industries to add. There is always a new company in the chain to bring into an existing industry.

So the regions I post, like I mentioned, it can be broken down to 5 regions or use the 7. I don't care. But my point is, don't treat ATS one big national map. For North America as a whole, there are many parts. For the US its national, regional and state specific company. Industries though are wide spread and they intertwine everywhere. But companies themselves can be everywhere. I am sure the same is for both Canada and Mexico. But then there is also intercontinental to deal with. These are your Walmarts, Home Depots, Coca Cola. The last one is your International/Global. This is also the same three and a few others I'm sure. You could even throw Ikea in that mix.

ATS just needs more variety/density and if it doesn't start with Texas, that would be a big mistake imo. Texas needs to be a game changer in thinking different for ICCs.
55sixxx

#4522 Post by 55sixxx » 08 Aug 2022 16:56

One thing that I've been strongly hoping that does not come true is SCS excluding the bottom portion of Texas (Everything below the black line) in something similar to what they did with Scandinavia in ETS2.
tx.png
Viper28

#4523 Post by Viper28 » 08 Aug 2022 17:05

flight50 wrote: 08 Aug 2022 15:49
oldmanclippy wrote: 08 Aug 2022 15:08 I want ATS to take what works from ETS2, combine it with what works in ATS, and add in all the types of company distributions that are missing from both games.
This is my desire as well.

I posted a blue print. Its easy to comment off another person idea but I don't see anyone trying to break down what to do for ICC's. So any thoughts and comments are welcome. I can only get the ball rolling. SCS can see the conversations and come up with a solution that works keeping in mind info provided. My point is for the research team to use the list I provide as a guide as to what North America is about logistically. Find out what companies to bring now and for the future and what to implement in previous states. Find out how to make the economy deeper now. Find out how to make the economy deeper once you run out of industries to add. There is always a new company in the chain to bring into an existing industry.

So the regions I post, like I mentioned, it can be broken down to 5 regions or use the 7. I don't care. But my point is, don't treat ATS one big national map. For North America as a whole, there are many parts. For the US its national, regional and state specific company. Industries though are wide spread and they intertwine everywhere. But companies themselves can be everywhere. I am sure the same is for both Canada and Mexico. But then there is also intercontinental to deal with. These are your Walmarts, Home Depots, Coca Cola. The last one is your International/Global. This is also the same three and a few others I'm sure. You could even throw Ikea in that mix.

ATS just needs more variety/density and if it doesn't start with Texas, that would be a big mistake imo. Texas needs to be a game changer in thinking different for ICCs.
I would start with adding in the missing links to what they have going on now with new companies( the new companies serving the missing links), rather than entirely new companies that need multiple nodes to really flesh them out. This is SCS mind you, and people's expectations for Texas need to be tempered. It's not going to be the panacea. It **should** make some strides, but those strides will likely be measured and may even in some cases disappoint.
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
SouthernMan

#4524 Post by SouthernMan » 08 Aug 2022 17:07

55sixxx wrote: 08 Aug 2022 16:56 One thing that I've been strongly hoping that does not come true is SCS excluding the bottom portion of Texas (Everything below the black line) in something similar to what they did with Scandinavia in ETS2.
Well, tbh, there is this possibility. But if we consider the fact that some roads in Montana and even Bellingham (WA) are practically on the border with Canada, I don't see why they don't also do that with Texas, which is on the border with Mexico. Just saying...

I would also find it strange if it didn't have these parts below the black line, though.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
SuchManor

#4525 Post by SuchManor » 08 Aug 2022 17:09

55sixxx wrote: 08 Aug 2022 16:56 One thing that I've been strongly hoping that does not come true is SCS excluding the bottom portion of Texas (Everything below the black line) in something similar to what they did with Scandinavia in ETS2.
What do you mean by exclude? There are already blog pictures of cities in that area. It certainly is coming with Texas.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
SouthernMan

#4526 Post by SouthernMan » 08 Aug 2022 17:12

SuchManor wrote: 08 Aug 2022 17:09
What do you mean by exclude? There are already blog pictures of cities in that area. It certainly is coming with Texas.
Good thinking. I don't want to be wrong, but I think it was something related to Corpus Christi, something like that.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
oldmanclippy

#4527 Post by oldmanclippy » 08 Aug 2022 17:23

There's tons of blog pictures from below that line already: viewtopic.php?f=188&t=285700

[ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
55sixxx

#4528 Post by 55sixxx » 08 Aug 2022 17:27

SuchManor wrote: 08 Aug 2022 17:09 What do you mean by exclude? There are already blog pictures of cities in that area. It certainly is coming with Texas.
oldmanclippy wrote: 08 Aug 2022 17:23 There's tons of blog pictures from below that line already
I don't keep up with map blogs that much. So I stand corrected.
flight50

#4529 Post by flight50 » 08 Aug 2022 17:31

US-90 will not be missed. I can't see that road getting the boot. We should get that from Van Horn all the way to Del Rio at least. From there we should something following the border to get to Laredo, McAllen and Brownville. I don't think we have to worry about South Texas. Its how we get from far West Texas to South Texas is the question. I don't think we can compare what they did with Scandinavia though. Different team and different bandwidth.
Trakaplex

#4530 Post by Trakaplex » 08 Aug 2022 17:46

flight50 wrote: 08 Aug 2022 17:31 US-90 will not be missed. I can't see that road getting the boot. We should get that from Van Horn all the way to Del Rio at least. From there we should something following the border to get to Laredo, McAllen and Brownville. I don't think we have to worry about South Texas. Its how we get from far West Texas to South Texas is the question. I don't think we can compare what they did with Scandinavia though. Different team and different bandwidth.
I think we could get all of US-90 to US-83. Still where is east Texas? And the coastal cities blog only showed a chunk of Corpus Christi.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation

Return to “General discussion about the game”