Texas Discussion Thread

SouthernMan

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#3861 Post by SouthernMan » 28 Jun 2022 13:57

@flight50 Agreed! I really think Texas can't just be "another state", well with Montana too. It must be a game changer, which is what a lot of people have said too. }
But I must say that I was already happy when I saw new companies in Cody, it gave me hope that texas will come with several new companies. I've also seen cotton companies in Texas (1.45 beta) and a few others, it really makes me even happier.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
Vinnie Terranova

#3862 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 28 Jun 2022 14:50

flight50 wrote: 27 Jun 2022 21:45Replace these fictional Walmart locations that don't even exist. That would get rid of more than half all these Wallberts. 150 and counting is too much for the few states we have. I'd rather fictional or made up buildings instead of fictional Walmart locations. When you use the caliber of a Walmart, the location should be pretty accurate imho. Same with any NA company that is being parodied. If no parody is being represented make that fictional, but not Walmart. That is like putting Ikea everywhere in ETS2 when there is no Ikea there in real life. I can bet you ETS2 fans would complain if Ikea was dropped everywhere where it shouldn't be. Have some type of realism for reality locations when it comes to depots. We don't need their true branded name but a parody, put the right building in place at least.
Well, the problem with Ikea for instance, is that every mayor city in the country where I live, has an Ikea... This would mean that in ETS2 all cities in The Netherlands could have an Ikea. And that's way too much for ETS2. It's nice to have one Ikea in a small country, but not every city in that small country would need an Ikea, although in real life all those cities have an Ikea.
I don't know about Walmart, but looking at Google Maps it seems that all mayor cities and also a lot of not so big towns in the US have a Walmart. This could mean that Walmart (Walbert) easily can be overpopulated in ATS. I don't want Walbert to be in 75% of the cities in ATS. But that amount of Walberts unfortunately is the reality...
oldmanclippy

#3863 Post by oldmanclippy » 28 Jun 2022 14:57

ASUSTechSupport wrote: 28 Jun 2022 02:20 I know Beaumont was heavily implied by blog photos of US-287/US-96 in East Texas, but there is now an asset in the map editor that basically confirms the city. There is also an asset for Ballinger, which probably means it will be included as a scenery town, although this is not too surprising with the town being on the Junction of US-83 and US 67. I also found the welcome sign for Tenaha, which could potentially indicate that we get the entirety of US-96.
Scenic towns often (but not always) sit at usable intersections, meaning we could be getting US-83 and US-67, as well as US-59 and US-96.

For the former, I'd like to see us get the entirety of US-83 in Texas. It really should be a US route that we get in its entirety north to south. In Kansas it hits Liberal, Garden City, and Colby. In Nebraska it hits North Platte and Valentine. In South Dakota it hits Pierre and gets us close to Mobridge. In North Dakota, it gets us to Bismarck and Minot. It's just one of those routes that's perfectly set up to make the game in its entirety. It isn't close to interstates and hits lots of marked cities. Texas it hits McAllen, Laredo, and Abilene, and helps transit to San Antonio, San Angelo, Wichita Falls, and Amarillo from other parts of the state. US-67 we could get from east of Fort Stockton all the way to US-83 at Ballinger. Maybe even over to US-183 or US-281, whichever one is our other major north-south route between Abilene and Forth Worth.

We pretty much have to get both of the latter, as US-96 connects northeast and southeast Texas, and US-59 will someday be part of I-69, as well as US-84 going east from Tenaha. So it would be wise for SCS to get all of US-59 in. In fact, probably best to get:

future I-69W (US-59 from Laredo to US-77 south of Victoria)
partially complete I-69C (I-2 to US-59 via US-281)
partially complete I-69E (Brownsville to US-59 south of Victoria via US-77)
partially complete I-69 (Victoria to Tenaha via US-59 and Tenaha to Louisiana via US-84)

I'm very excited about US-96. It bucks the trend of leaving the eastern part of the state for the next expansion. And we'll have more than one way to get from Beaumont to I-20: either via Lufkin/Nacogdoches and Tyler or via US-96. East Texas should be dense and it's good to see that that is looking like it will be the case.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Vinnie Terranova

#3864 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 28 Jun 2022 15:14

SouthernMan wrote: 28 Jun 2022 13:57I really think Texas can't just be "another state", well with Montana too. It must be a game changer, which is what a lot of people have said too. }
But I must say that I was already happy when I saw new companies in Cody, it gave me hope that texas will come with several new companies. I've also seen cotton companies in Texas (1.45 beta) and a few others, it really makes me even happier.
For Texas being a game changer I think a lot more is needed than just a few new companies and some big cities. If Texas really wants to be a game changer, I expect some additional new gameplay elements to come with Texas. But I don't really see that happening. The most recents blogs also don't give me much hope for a game changer: With the v1.45 update we get a new town, a new road, gas & truck stops rebranding, optional mod support for convoy, rain sensor and hiding inaccessible road markers. Regarding gameplay I think only the last two (rain sensor and hiding road markers) can somehow be count as gameplay changers, albeit very small gameplay changers. These are welcome additions ofcourse, but certainly no game changers.

With Texas we'll get intermodal terminals. But those will also not be a game changer: those are just new prefabs where we can get or deliver loads, the same simple way we get or deliver loads to or from all other prefabs.

I don't see it happening Texas being a game changer. It really is more of the same. It ofcourse will have new roads and new cities. Hopefully also some new companies. But that doesn't make Texas a game changer, right?
SouthernMan

#3865 Post by SouthernMan » 28 Jun 2022 15:33

@Vinnie Terranova Yeah, I also agree that it's not just new companies that will make Texas a game-changer, I just said I'm glad new companies are coming... thats it lol
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
Vinnie Terranova

#3866 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 28 Jun 2022 15:56

But what should Texas have to offer to be a real game changer? What are the things that need to come with Texas for Texas to indeed become a game changer?
SouthernMan

#3867 Post by SouthernMan » 28 Jun 2022 15:59

I ask you the same thing... what needs to come with Texas to be a game changer?!
Vinnie Terranova

#3868 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 28 Jun 2022 16:17

I don't think any map DLC will be a game changer. I think that game changing elements should come with the regular ATS updates. In the past we got things like convoy mode, ownable trailers, etc. Those are the things that can really change the game. Those are the things that add a lot of new gameplay. A map DLC however is just that: a map which brings new roads, new cities, and I guess some new companies and industries.

@SouthernMan What do you think Texas needs to offer to become a game changer?
Optional Features

#3869 Post by Optional Features » 28 Jun 2022 16:19

If we could buy land or existing businesses in game, that would be a game changer.
harishw8r

#3870 Post by harishw8r » 28 Jun 2022 16:23

SouthernMan wrote: 28 Jun 2022 15:59 I ask you the same thing... what needs to come with Texas to be a game changer?!
Just more roads and ICCs for now.

Return to “General discussion about the game”