Texas Discussion Thread

Shiva

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#3871 Post by Shiva » 28 Jun 2022 16:30

existing land or businesses? then those would be prefab areas, sort of similar to garages.
But different.
Texas should have place for that sort of things.
Maybe in the future, who knows?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
oldmanclippy

#3872 Post by oldmanclippy » 28 Jun 2022 16:37

I like the buying land to build a yard/garage idea. It would make it feel more personal and rewarding, even if it's still developer-driven at the end of the day. It would provide the illusion of player-driven world change. Definitely a game changer in terms of making the world feel more alive and dynamic.

A significant improvement to traffic density would be a game changer, as eastern Texas and the big cities really need it.

Truck dirt and/or damage would be a game changer, as parts of Texas are very dusty.

LTL would be a game changer, especially in the very dense eastern part of Texas.

Wind would be a game changer, as Texas is very windy in the wide open areas.

Did I mention that I am discussing these features specifically in relation to Texas? :lol:
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Vinnie Terranova

#3873 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 28 Jun 2022 16:48

Buying land is an interesting thing. But what about building your own yard? Starting with a small garage, which you can upgrade in several ways: storage for your trucks and also for your trailers, one or more fuelling pumps, a repair facility, a scrap heap where you can find all kind of stuff for creating accessoires, an office for the paperwork, personnel doing their job for you, etc, etc. Yeah, that would be a nice game changer.

Seasons. Did I mentioned seasons? Also a very, very needed game changer. And what about climate: wind, different kinds of rain and snowfall, mist, thunderstorms, etc.

But this is all stuff that should come with several ATS updates... This kind of stuff shouldn't necessarely come with a map DLC like Texas.
SuchManor

#3874 Post by SuchManor » 28 Jun 2022 16:56

Surely the people behind gameplay updates and improvements have been working on something BIG, right? I mean we haven't seen any significant gameplay changes in years. I'm fully expecting there is something behind the scenes that will come with Texas. If not then that severely concerns me for the future of ATS. If SCS wants to bring more new players to the game with Texas, just the roads alone wont do that.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
Optional Features

#3875 Post by Optional Features » 28 Jun 2022 17:36

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 28 Jun 2022 16:48 Buying land is an interesting thing. But what about building your own yard? Starting with a small garage, which you can upgrade in several ways: storage for your trucks and also for your trailers, one or more fuelling pumps, a repair facility, a scrap heap where you can find all kind of stuff for creating accessoires, an office for the paperwork, personnel doing their job for you, etc, etc. Yeah, that would be a nice game changer.
Yes, I'd like to be able to buy a plot of land, place a shop and a fence, hire a mechanic and maybe a dispatcher, visibly store my trucks and trailers, and so on.

I want to see a visual impact of my gameplay on the game world.

If the company expanded, the yard would too. Maybe we'd build a terminal with our own warehouse and operate an LTL business.

Get some yard trucks to move trailers around, maybe hire an AI to do that, etc.
oldmanclippy wrote: 28 Jun 2022 16:37 I like the buying land to build a yard/garage idea. It would make it feel more personal and rewarding, even if it's still developer-driven at the end of the day. It would provide the illusion of player-driven world change. Definitely a game changer in terms of making the world feel more alive and dynamic.
Texas is going to have a lot of empty space: I'd love to use some it!
Shiva wrote: 28 Jun 2022 16:30 existing land or businesses? then those would be prefab areas, sort of similar to garages.
But different.
Texas should have place for that sort of things.
Maybe in the future, who knows?
Yes, I would like to buy a farm in Texas or maybe a cotton gin, maybe a steel mill. Operate it as a business that owns trucks. Have a dynamic prefab where cargo visibly appears and disappears from the facility.

Cotton bales come in; AI trucks haul them away; maybe the player hauls a few as well.
SouthernMan

#3876 Post by SouthernMan » 28 Jun 2022 17:42

It would also be interesting if we could see our trailers and trucks that are in the garages, just like in the older games. Also, it would be interesting if we could move the trailers in our yards.
There are a lot of ideas... I hope that something relevant and new comes along with Texas.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
McFly

#3877 Post by McFly » 28 Jun 2022 18:34

werewoooooooolf wrote: 28 Jun 2022 16:23

Just more roads and ICCs for now.
Sorry for being off topic for a sec, but what is an ICC? I'm reading this everywhere on this forum and have no clue what it means, Google didn't help me either (just shows results like Illinois commerce commission, intraclass correlation or international classification of crime)
My World of Trucks Page

English is not my first language, just trying my best.
jarryed

#3878 Post by jarryed » 28 Jun 2022 18:39

ICC = Industry, Cargo, Company
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
Trakaplex

#3879 Post by Trakaplex » 28 Jun 2022 18:49

SouthernMan wrote: 28 Jun 2022 17:42 It would also be interesting if we could see our trailers and trucks that are in the garages, just like in the older games. Also, it would be interesting if we could move the trailers in our yards.
There are a lot of ideas... I hope that something relevant and new comes along with Texas.
More jobs. Pavel was suggesting a NASA job in one stream, and the "Space Center" part of the microsite confirms it.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
SouthernMan

#3880 Post by SouthernMan » 28 Jun 2022 18:54

Trakaplex wrote: 28 Jun 2022 18:49
SouthernMan wrote: 28 Jun 2022 17:42 It would also be interesting if we could see our trailers and trucks that are in the garages, just like in the older games. Also, it would be interesting if we could move the trailers in our yards.
More jobs. Pavel was suggesting a NASA job in one stream, and the "Space Center" part of the microsite confirms it.
Oh, it looks interesting.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.

Return to “General discussion about the game”