Texas Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#3851 Post by flight50 » 27 Jun 2022 21:45

I'm willing to bet Texas blitzes after Montana is out. That is what happens with every other dlc's that follows a map release. Give enough to keep engaged and then go heavily for what follows a map release. This pattern shouldn't change no matter what comes in what ever order.

HoR was suppose to be out by now so we don't know where in production West Balkans is. If Iberia thru off ETS2's December pattern, I can see Texas filling that. Texas as been in production much longer than West Balkans. If ETS2's time table is now Q1 like Iberia, then we get a larger gap and less competition between ATS and ETS2. Most that buy ATS map in Nov, stop playing and play the ETS2 map for December. The ATS numbers drop. The ETS2 map is huge already. I know people won't like it, but no HoR is not ATS's fault. I'd move ETS2 to Q1 releases. Give West Balkans time just like Texas or Iberia.
oldmanclippy wrote: 27 Jun 2022 20:36 Whenever it comes, I don't want it to be rushed. I want it to feel like Texas, and I want it to come with new companies, new non-deliverable companies, new industries, new prefabs for existing companies, new cargo, and hopefully new features. Rushing it out the door will compromise that. And this map has been in development for so long, that there's no point in rushing it anymore. Just get it out the door when it's finished. Montana and West Balkans will cover for it just fine in the meanwhile.
I know right. This is my thing. What new comes. How does Texas follow up with new coming with Montana. One would think Texas should get more. Larger cities and larger area to cover. Looking at the microsite, this may not be the case. Less new industries...no problem. Pick up the slack of no new industries with new companies by revisiting old industries. We should have 3-4 farms by now. Lets get more use out of these reworked trailers. More new trailer skins and cargo to fit the bill. If we got the likes of Lowe's, Target, Sams, Costco, Albertson's, HEB, Kroger, etc we don't need to see those new companies teased/blogged........just do them and implement them by replacing some of these over used depots. The same cargoes that goes to Walmart, Eddy's, Tidbit can go to the same new companies if its part of (x) industry.

Global Mills, there is 1-2 new company's that could come to Texas and share that same cargo. I'm sure there are several food manufacturing facilities in Texas that could make the game. Butimen, Plaster & Son's, Olthon Homes and many others. The asset team more than capable of making nice new prefabs. Most depots in the US are boxy. Easy to model. ATS should have a flood of these boxy type of depots. I bet one could be modeled and setup in 2-3 weeks of various sizes. They are low poly and only need some thought on how to implement. Then give it to the concept artist to come up with designs/logos. Petr is a 3d modeler. Teach Annie 3d. She mentioned she wanted to learn it. Now 3d signage can be made by them and let the asset modeler go on to another depot and repeat the cycle. The more SCS can double back to replace things just like these gas stations and rebrand a few Coastline Mining to NAMIQ, the better ATS will hold up.

Replace these fictional Walmart locations that don't even exist. That would get rid of more than half all these Wallberts. 150 and counting is too much for the few states we have. I'd rather fictional or made up buildings instead of fictional Walmart locations. When you use the caliber of a Walmart, the location should be pretty accurate imho. Same with any NA company that is being parodied. If no parody is being represented make that fictional, but not Walmart. That is like putting Ikea everywhere in ETS2 when there is no Ikea there in real life. I can bet you ETS2 fans would complain if Ikea was dropped everywhere where it shouldn't be. Have some type of realism for reality locations when it comes to depots. We don't need their true branded name but a parody, put the right building in place at least.
ASUSTechSupport

#3852 Post by ASUSTechSupport » 28 Jun 2022 02:20

I know Beaumont was heavily implied by blog photos of US-287/US-96 in East Texas, but there is now an asset in the map editor that basically confirms the city. There is also an asset for Ballinger, which probably means it will be included as a scenery town, although this is not too surprising with the town being on the Junction of US-83 and US 67. I also found the welcome sign for Tenaha, which could potentially indicate that we get the entirety of US-96.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
flight50

#3853 Post by flight50 » 28 Jun 2022 03:26

US-96 would be awesome. Tenaha is the intersection of US-59 and US-69. Both need to make the game as a back door to Texarkana to Houston and Beaumont. These roads connect I-20 to I-10 nicely. Anything that comes in between is a bonus. Nice find though. If US-96 is the Eastern most road in Texas, that is great. That means we don't have to wait for adjacent states to perhaps include it. We don't know if Texarkana is Texas dlc though. I'd like to think it goes to Arkansas. Texas will have plenty of cities. So US-69/US-59 could get us to I-20 at the least.

Ballinger may not be marked but it does indicate a path. US-83 from I-40 to South Texas would be awesome if we got that much of it. If we see anything from Shamrock, that would be indicate such. Otherwise, it could just go to US-287 since we know that one will have to be the back door from Wichita Falls to Amarillo. US-287 is a major corridor from Colorado.
Trucker Nik

#3854 Post by Trucker Nik » 28 Jun 2022 05:04

@Shiva great finding, I somehow didn't notice the 3 interputs
Shiva

#3855 Post by Shiva » 28 Jun 2022 07:30

Can be sometimes easy to miss.
The US-54 Tucumcari, towards Dalhart. It is still barebones, but the road layout itself is mapped.
It is the one that can change most and it worst case, come after a release.
The other road connections, they seem quite good.

Due to the all testing Texas will take, we should be able to count it out from 1.45.
But this year? Yeah! Unless something major happens.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Tristman

#3856 Post by Tristman » 28 Jun 2022 07:41

I’m kinda interested by the company prefabs in Texas that can already be found.
Near Clovis, there are 2 Bushnell Farms (cattle farm + cattle auction) and near Hobbs there is the cotton farm. All 3 of these are really far from cities we know will be in Texas (Lubbock, Midland/Odessa), which makes me wonder if they will really be tagged to those cities, or if we are getting companies tagged to tiny cities (like in ETS2).
Shiva

#3857 Post by Shiva » 28 Jun 2022 08:11

I think they will be offshoots from bigger cities.
Bushnell Farms, here I sort of wish that they would get another name in Texas :)
But what?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Tristman

#3858 Post by Tristman » 28 Jun 2022 08:13

Yeah same, would be nice to see more company name variety, especially as we are leaving the western US.
I can’t really add anything that hasn’t been said by Flight50 already. :P
flight50

#3859 Post by flight50 » 28 Jun 2022 11:25

^Hehe, lol. Yep good ole me and my new company push. Bushnell has been around since 18 WoS. I wish all those companies came back into play to add to the mix as well as many more new ones. Texas seriously needs a huge portion of new. From new prefabs to new company names. We don't get a lot of new industry with Texas but that shouldn't mean a lot of new companies can't exist. Getting less than Montana would be a pretty big disappointment. Pretty much all the base map companies I bet come to Texas when they shouldn't. Not unless they are rebranded. Base map prefabs are so prehistoric though and flat out don't work for the size trailers we can now haul. No Texas doesn't allow lcvs, but they do allow up to 59' trailers. That could be even more challenging than doubles. Would be nice to get longer trailers for Texas considering there are like 6-7 states that are regional to Texas that also allow longer than 53' trailers.

The biggest culprits in regards to companies are the overused ones. The ones that pop up in every single city. Those are the main ones that can get new prefabs and new names. Look at the game map. Its those companies that have 2-3 depots in the same city. Warehouse, store or distribution center doesn't matter, its still the same name. Do you see this in ETS2? No. So why ATS. Why the lack of diversity. I'm not sure if its Pavel's call or if he just isn't paying attention to the lack of diversity in ATS. But if he played ATS even remotely close to what a casual player does, he'd see the glaring issues for ATS.........ICC's. He's the main person that can implement and direct change.

I love this game. Many of you know that, but I simply don't play it like I use to in order to keep from getting frustrated and burned out. I seriously don't care if Texas is my home state. I really don't. Some of you like to think so though which is funny. But I know the potential this state holds. I know that many of you who don't live here want a lot from Texas. Its huge, it will cost more, it offers a lot land mass to cram a lot more in it. If Iberia got jammed packed with goodies, people expect the same from Texas being similarly sized. Just another state.........yes and no. But SCS has the control over what goes into it and what doesn't. There is a lotttt of new that although is time consuming to implement, after 3.5+ years of development, the expectations are only increasing. If Texas is a flop in too many people's eyes, that could be quite bad for ATS. Texas can't afford less than a B+ approval rating. Texas can't be another Idaho or Utah. It has to be a Washington, Colorado or Wyoming type energy.
Tristman

#3860 Post by Tristman » 28 Jun 2022 11:39

In Cody, there's a scenery building using the Lumber Jill logo. I think it would be nice if they would actually put some actual deliverable Lumber Jill depots in Texas, and maybe sprinkle some around the existing map, replacing Deepgrove here and there.

Return to “General discussion about the game”