Texas Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#4721 Post by flight50 » 17 Aug 2022 14:08

^I can agree but disagree at the same time. Texas should indeed be a 2022 release. But they'd jeopardize ratings and negative talk if it lacks too much. Better to polish it off like they intend rather than depend on fixing later. Honestly, Texas could be in the same boat with Wyoming with no Yellowstone. There needs to be a certain level of new companies. For example, lets say SCS is aiming for 20 new companies but only 12 makes it. I'd be okay with that but SCS should blog that more new is coming to ease us over.

But flat out 12, that's a bit different. That is when Texas could get pushed to bring more new and not put Texas in the situation like YS to hold it. Sometimes its better to hold than to release. Too many times in the past a dlc releases when it needs more polishing and then all the negative comments come. Luckily, not much of that is said since Idaho released that I notice. Other than 1-2 missing roads per dlc, a lot of polishing and bugs are taken care of day one. There will always be bugs and misses though.

Now new companies won't effect the vast majority of people. But there are some of us that look deeper into the logistics system in ATS. Some just drive to explore maps. Those of you that choose to just drive is all fine and dandy, but that covers you all. What about those that want more diversity and variety that also investing into ATS. New prefabs solves things for the map explores. But if they do new prefabs for existing, what's so hard to just making it a brand new company out of that same new prefab.

Lets take logging, farming, wind farm, mining or construction. Each of those can easily get new prefabs. But such changes could come in the form of a new company as well since these are so unique. They are pure creativity. Its these types of companies that can bring more variety/diversity than prototype retail stores. Manufacturing and distribution centers are in the same boat. The Purina depot that is off I-70 in Denver, that thing should be a depot. Maybe one day, we could even get Petco or Petsmart in ATS. They are national chains and with the food industry, its a middle man chain but for Pets cargo can still go to retail that sales food but add a Petsmart/Petco along with exporting and importing. Some of the prefabs already in the game could go as functional someday. Those could be new companies and only thing they need is labels and implemented for cargo. Not much to do map wise.
VTXcnME

#4722 Post by VTXcnME » 17 Aug 2022 14:35

@55sixxx I do agree. I think Texas, despite it's size, has had plenty of dev time. I'm *REALLY* hoping we get Texas by November.

If it's pushed into 2023, then I really hope they've done so to add new deliverable businesses.

@flight50 With how much wind power there is in Texas, I'm really hoping that the in game wind power company (Vitas? I'm using real company logos, so it's Vestas for me) gets a competitor. The Faraday company could start shipping the circuit breakers, or we could start hauling power poles to wind power sites, after all, that generated power has to get delivered to the grid somehow.
Tristman

#4723 Post by Tristman » 17 Aug 2022 14:47

I think Vitas is the last company that needs an alternative right now, but I guess it depends on how many locations in Texas SCS makes for it. Having one more wind company and alternating between that and Vitas until we reach the final state would suffice imo.
Marcello Julio

#4724 Post by Marcello Julio » 17 Aug 2022 14:57

I appreciate Annie is here interacting and as I know that both she and the entire 2D team are working on new companies! :) And of course, as always, it's not an easy job, because it requires a lot of inspiration, especially related to Texas!
SCS_Annie
SCS Software

#4725 Post by SCS_Annie » 17 Aug 2022 15:15

Marcello Julio wrote: 17 Aug 2022 14:57 I appreciate Annie is here interacting and as I know that both she and the entire 2D team are working on new companies! :) And of course, as always, it's not an easy job, because it requires a lot of inspiration, especially related to Texas!
haha, there isn't a 2D team, it's just the 2 of us on ATS :D We're a small company. Marketing/ETS2 has got their own 2D artists
Last edited by SCS_Annie on 17 Aug 2022 15:16, edited 2 times in total.
2D artist (Concept art & branding) for American Truck Simulator.
Working at SCS Software since 2020.

Instagram
Trakaplex

#4726 Post by Trakaplex » 17 Aug 2022 15:15

VTXcnME wrote: 17 Aug 2022 14:35 @55sixxx I do agree. I think Texas, despite it's size, has had plenty of dev time. I'm *REALLY* hoping we get Texas by November.

If it's pushed into 2023, then I really hope they've done so to add new deliverable businesses.

@flight50 With how much wind power there is in Texas, I'm really hoping that the in game wind power company (Vitas? I'm using real company logos, so it's Vestas for me) gets a competitor. The Faraday company could start shipping the circuit breakers, or we could start hauling power poles to wind power sites, after all, that generated power has to get delivered to the grid somehow.
I suspect December 8th, it would reflect right before this year's Xmas stream. But I already talked about the lacking road network in the Panhandle, maybe they could hurry it up like what Davido did for YS. Now Texas blogs honestly haven't been exciting so far. I hope they reach DFW coverage in 1-2 months.

Also can someone estimate the number of prefabs in this DLC?
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
oldmanclippy

#4727 Post by oldmanclippy » 17 Aug 2022 15:17

I'll take Annie's word for it that a good amount of new companies are coming. Wyoming and Montana are excellent in terms of 2D art, and I really like the new company designs we have gotten recently (USBB, American Lines, and MWM are probably my favorites of the last 3 DLCs, they're believable parodies without being corny which is a nice balance to achieve), so between her and Petr there's a ton of talent available to crank out new designs.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
VTXcnME

#4728 Post by VTXcnME » 17 Aug 2022 15:22

Tristman wrote: 17 Aug 2022 14:47 I think Vitas is the last company that needs an alternative right now, but I guess it depends on how many locations in Texas SCS makes for it. Having one more wind company and alternating between that and Vitas until we reach the final state would suffice imo.
I looked at it this way: Texas generates 92 Terawatt hours a year (92,000,000 megawatts). More than the next three states combined. There are over 150 wind farms in Texas.

I can't figure all 150 farms are owned by the same company/energy group. I know we'll never get 6 or more different companies just for wind power, but at least one more would be nice. I'm hoping one of the things coming for Texas is a special transport load of wind turbines, even if they aren't full sized, we deliver towers and gearboxes now, it'd be nice to add the turbine blades themselves along with the above mentioned circuit breakers and power poles to the wind farms. Given how much Texas produces. It would fit with the green cycle of the waste service that highlighted the waste process that came with Montana. I'm not suggesting the ATS become a poster-child for anything (*cough* greta thunberg *cough, cough*) but it would follow the games course.
Trakaplex

#4729 Post by Trakaplex » 17 Aug 2022 15:24

Here's something I've wanted to ask Annie: the gas stations before 1.45 were literal parodies. Why did they change? We can still easily see Driverse as a Pilot, but Phoenix being a Love's is just indistinguishable. And Buc-ee's?
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
Marcello Julio

#4730 Post by Marcello Julio » 17 Aug 2022 15:29

SCS_Annie wrote: 17 Aug 2022 15:15 haha, there isn't a 2D team, it's just the 2 of us on ATS :D We're a small company. Marketing/ETS2 has got their own 2D artists
Ah, good to know :D

Return to “General discussion about the game”