Texas Discussion Thread

Trucker Nik

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#2381 Post by Trucker Nik » 28 Jan 2022 10:04

I have a similar, but I don't have your experience, so I have so less posts and I registered on the forum later, I'll be celebrating soon, a year on this forum, I hope to have exactly 1000 posts for my first anniversaries
flight50

#2382 Post by flight50 » 28 Jan 2022 12:48

Post don't make anyone special so don't get caught up in that. Just contribute like you do, learn and uave fun. I can tell you are as much of a fan as I am because you too are pretty much posting daily. My post have slowed a bit though. At one point, I was posting 20-25 post or more depending on topics.
Trucker Nik

#2383 Post by Trucker Nik » 28 Jan 2022 14:15

How do you know I contribute almost every day?
parasaurolophus67

#2384 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 28 Jan 2022 14:16

well you do post on topics mostly "I hope" or "I wonder". you just gotta slow down a bit.
festmache

#2385 Post by festmache » 28 Jan 2022 14:46

Some of us are such big fans that they don't have time to spam the forum... Because they spend this time driving ;)
vanilla player, loving ETS2, loving ATS even more! | 🇳🇱 🇪🇺
Map with all cities | Personal cabin accessories

[ external image ]
flight50

#2386 Post by flight50 » 28 Jan 2022 14:59

Ceco wrote: 28 Jan 2022 14:15 How do you know I contribute almost every day?
Too easy to answer. Because I am here everyday, lol. I see you post at least 1-2 post a day. I'm in a lot of the General threads and the Wishlist threads for ATS. Those are the parts of the forum I visit daily like 95% of the time. I only go to other parts of this site when no one is really posting and I have time to burn.
festmache wrote: 28 Jan 2022 14:46 Some of us are such big fans that they don't have time to spam the forum... Because they spend this time driving ;)
I'm a huge fan as most know, but 80% of the time, I am here and not driving. When I am posting, I am typically at work screwing off, lol. On the weekends is when I get in my driving. I don't drive much during the week because I have so much going on with work and home things to tend to. So I pretty much enjoy being on here more than playing for now. Improved ICCs with more diversity and more maps and I'll probably play more. But I just try to avoid getting burned out. It already happened before back when we just had the base map, NM, OR and WA. I'm sooo happy the map started filling out. That was torture, lol.

Some people say Texas makes and L shaped map. Texas is just big. Whether Montana came first or not, Texas would still stick out when it does come. L-shaped to me would be Louisiana before Oklahoma and Kansas. After Kansas, I sure hope SCS works Louisiana, Arkansas and Nebraska simultaneously.
festmache

#2387 Post by festmache » 28 Jan 2022 15:27

Yeah, I remember when the world was L-shaped and so many long routes went through Las Vegas and Kingman :)
I absolutely loved how Utah and Idaho (and to a lesser extent, Colorado) made it feel more like one big world instead of this weird L-shape.

I don't think it will feel L-shaped again after Texas... As you're saying, Texas will be very big. And also, the rest of the world already is so much bigger/wider than it was back then.

I'm really excited for what this year will bring, mapping-wise... Looking forward to Russia and updated Austria in ETS2, updated California in ATS, Montana, a new road with possibly Cody in Wyoming... But the more I think about it, the more I realize that my excitement is definitely biggest for Texas. It will bring both more of the same (NM-style landscapes in western Texas, which I really like) and exciting new stuff (huge cities, a coastline which is not the Pacific, forests...). I think it will feel like a new frontier.
vanilla player, loving ETS2, loving ATS even more! | 🇳🇱 🇪🇺
Map with all cities | Personal cabin accessories

[ external image ]
Trucker Nik

#2388 Post by Trucker Nik » 28 Jan 2022 17:03

@flight50 in fact, I post more than 2 posts a day, today I posted about 10, the most since I logged in to the forum :lol: :lol:
etsuco05

#2389 Post by etsuco05 » 28 Jan 2022 17:15

flight50 wrote: 27 Jan 2022 23:07
Bedavd wrote: 27 Jan 2022 22:15 A hobby store might be a good addition soon, too, a la Joanne's Fabrics. Would add more to the (imo) underutilized paper industry and then cloth and textiles from the coming cotton industry.
Ya know......I've been wanting to request Hobby Lobby. It seems national. I see it all over the place. But I've been holding my tongue. Cool thing about a dedicated hobby store is that cargo can also go to Walmart and Target as well.
A quick search on Hobby Lobby's website shows they are in far reaching places such as California, Washington, Maine, New Jersey, Florida, etc. so they seem national to me. Hobby Lobby is headquartered in Oklahoma City. As an OKC-area native, I am hoping their headquarters somehow make it into the Oklahoma DLC. But of course, their stores could go all over the nation.
AKA “OKRoads”, USA road sign photographer and road scholar
flight50

#2390 Post by flight50 » 29 Jan 2022 01:22

festmache wrote: 28 Jan 2022 15:27 But the more I think about it, the more I realize that my excitement is definitely biggest for Texas. It will bring both more of the same (NM-style landscapes in western Texas, which I really like) and exciting new stuff (huge cities, a coastline which is not the Pacific, forests...). I think it will feel like a new frontier.
This is my take on Texas. If it doesn't feel like a new frontier, how will the community react to it's price tag. The biggest unknown for me is what all "new" do we get with Texas. The term new can mean a ton of different things. Think of them and yes Texas should bring it. I want SCS to sale a lot of Texas dlc. If its great...not good but a great dlc, I think that is when more people will flock to supporting more ATS dlc's or jump on board with ATS in general.

@etsuco05 I don't think Hobby Lobby HQ makes the game. The best we can get is the distribution centers off I-40 @ S Council Rd. I don't see OK-152 making the game to make the HL complex more set in stone. Now there should be plenty of space West of I-44 and South of I-40 though to add all that. So its possible, I just don't see it happening. I can see most of the OKC industry being off I-35 and I-40. Its been said that companies are difficult to add for ATS. I don't by it still. It means someone has to work is all. Imho, I think with every new dlc, SCS should bring a minimum amount of new companies. That number could be 3 it could be 5 but zero is not the answer. Not when ETS2 gets double digits every time. Even if ATS companies are difficult to implement, its not impossible. But SCS seems to only considering national companies. Each dlc should still target one national company and implement it across the board. Build up the depot selection with more companies. Replace some older prefabs in previous states to pump life back in to the old. The next dlc, implement another company like Target....and so on and so on.

Texas would be a great start to do this. Lets use Hobby Lobby for example. It can be the one national company SCS adds that is to go in where they are applicable. Add 3-4 in Texas and implement 1-2 in other states that exist. Each consumer based company should also add its chain company.......the distribution center. For every
5-10 retail stores, there should be a distribution/warehouse within 1,000 miles perhaps. Use that distribution as a hub. The hub gets fed from all over the place. That product then goes to the prefabs for the consumer. Wallbert, Home Store, Charged, Tidbit, Eddy's....they should all have distribution centers because companies will ship there specific items to the warehouse. Collaboratively, that warehouse ships out a mix of product to the customer that puts in the order for it all.

Return to “General discussion about the game”