Texas Discussion Thread

Marcello Julio

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#3251 Post by Marcello Julio » 19 May 2022 15:06

El Passo International Airport as a company!

[ external image ]

I imagined that would be how they would represent Ciudad Juarez by far!
JohnMc19

#3252 Post by JohnMc19 » 19 May 2022 15:24

El Paso looks really good the intersections look good also. I saw a new company faraday energy never seen that skinned trailer. Pic 17
oldmanclippy

#3253 Post by oldmanclippy » 19 May 2022 15:29

I'm starting to see why Texas has taken so long, El Paso is nuts. Looks like a fantastic combination of detail and scale. If this is the standard we can expect for DFW, Houston, San Antonio, and Austin then we're in for a treat.

I really like how much attention was given to depicting Ciudad Juarez as a part of the area.

Also, that first sentence, I see what you did there @LondonLad ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zBzZJd-nfw
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Trucker Nik

#3254 Post by Trucker Nik » 19 May 2022 15:33

My eagle sight noticed that in today's blog you can see 4 new companies and one new AI vehicle and of course the Lode King semi-trailer
@parasaurolophus67 it's a Mercedes GLS
Sora

#3255 Post by Sora » 19 May 2022 16:00

danbywinby wrote: 19 May 2022 05:48most of the time it's the exact same prefab as well.

Again this is something that is less of a problem with ETS2. ETS2 has tons of different companies each with their own prefab or in some cases several prefabs. I don't understand why ATS has so few different prefabs. This does seem to be improving but very slowly.

I should not be able to go do a delivery in Washington to an Eddy's with a prefab and then drive through several states and cities with the exact same prefab but branded as Wallbert or Charged or whatever other company and then finish the delivery in New Mexico at the exact same prefab. (This is probably a bit of an extreme example but I hope it gets the point across).
Ironically, I've always felt like ETS2 had this issue worse.

There's a ton of prefab reuse in ETS2, so I'd often pull up to a "new" company only to realize "oh, it's just the Italian version of X" because the depot is 99% the same.

By contrast, most depots in ATS are at least unique to their companies. There's obviously the Eddy's/Wallbert one that shouldn't exist, and I imagine a few more might have popped up over depots being find-and-replaced like what happened to NAMIQ, but generally when I DO recognize a depot as being shared with another company... the other company is from ETS2, usually from Scandinavia.
Tails

#3256 Post by Tails » 19 May 2022 16:34

El Paso looks amazing cant wait to go to this city and I do like the new companies featured in this blog post.
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
supersobes
Global moderator

#3257 Post by supersobes » 19 May 2022 16:40

In the El Passo blog, it looks like SCS added the Trinity REACT. I don't recall seeing this one in ATS before. It looks like they've added the REACT 350, a device compliant with NCHRP-350 test standards. There is also the REACT M, a MASH-compliant device, but it doesn't look like that's the one that's in ATS.

[ external image ] [ external image ]

It does kind of make me wonder though why won't add MASH devices to ATS. The guardrail terminals that are widely used throughout ATS look to be modeled after the NCHRP-350 SKT and NCHRP-350 FLEAT terminals from Road Systems, Inc. However, they have had the MASH-compliant Sequential Kinking Terminal (MSKT) on the market for years. With the way things are going, it would make sense to have the latest and greatest traffic safety devices in ATS for futureproofing. MASH-compliant devices are capable of safely stopping faster and heavier vehicles than NCHRP-350 devices, and they've been recommended for use by state and federal agencies for this reason. On many highways throughout the US, old and damaged NCHRP-350 devices are being replaced by MASH-compliant devices. I do kind of hope to see them in ATS as it would bring a little bit more variety to the game to see both NCHRP-350 and MASH devices along the roads.

Maybe this is too specific of a request though. I'm sure probably 99.9% of players won't care or be able to tell the difference anyways. :lol:
saur44l

#3258 Post by saur44l » 19 May 2022 16:56

It has to be said that they have done impressive job with El Passo,in terms of quality it looks like some of the best cities in ATS,so I can wait to see what they have done with the other big cities in Texas,especially that large metropolitan area around Dallas.
Trenero

#3259 Post by Trenero » 19 May 2022 17:11

They modeled the Nasa Super Guppy airplane that appears has its home in El Paso airport.

[ external image ]

Did you expect cargos of Nasa for trucks with Texas, like rocket parts or satellites or other awesome things?

[ external image ]
harishw8r

#3260 Post by harishw8r » 19 May 2022 17:38

Sooooo ... the mapping team has conquered the mountains, so did they move to cities now?

Seriously, El Paso looks beautiful. Feels like a mini-map by itself.

Return to “General discussion about the game”