Texas Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#4541 Post by flight50 » 09 Aug 2022 08:20

^So you are fine paying $17.99 for 10-12 new companies for a state that is larger than ETS2 dlc's that offer twice the the amount of new companies with every dlc? A game that lacks a ton of new companies as is? Have you counted the current company roster for both games and compared the huge lopsided difference yet? The company roster for ATS is unacceptable for a game that is about to release its 12th state. ATS is 1/3 completed. ETS2 isn't complete either but there are 100+ more companies for it. On top of that, Texas is the largest state that is soon to hit ATS.

It would be a huge disappointment for Texas to not get a good number of new companies. Whether is regional or national doesn't really matter because a lot needs to be implemented for the entire game to catch up the entire game. There was no concept artist to focus on a lot of new. That time is now though. Focus needs to shift on beefing up ATS's logistics. California should have helped with a lot of new national companies at least. Its the base map and it won't be touched for quite a while once they are done, so add new to it now. So far it only added one and iirc only added one other since Oregon with Deepgrove in Northern California. If we don't demand more companies, we won't get it. The only way to emphasis this is to advocate the US economy if just as diverse as Europe. Its much easier for people that live in North America to vouch for its diversity because we live here. We buy products from tons of stores. We see tons of trucks hauling cargo from tons of companies names. We see it daily so we see the diversity in just company logos planted everywhere we look. We have the exact same industries here in NA as Europe does. SCS needs to implement it. Not addressing it only holds ATS diversity back.

Texas needs to put a dent in all that's missing if they expect people to not complain for its asking prince. Most people don't want to feel cheated in paying for less and paying for a lot of copy paste. Big cities and huge road network is one thing, but the logistics behind that also need to be big to match. 60-65% copy pasting is the worst case that gets Texas by with. 70% or more is seriously flirting with a lot of negativity. If they are going to make a lot of new prefabs but still use the same exact companies names, that's not solving the issue. Why go thru all the trouble of making new assets but continue with the same companies. The issue is that too many of you are okay with ATS being treated like it should be a national based logistics system only. People that live here can only stress..........that's not how it works.
justgettingold

#4542 Post by justgettingold » 09 Aug 2022 14:46

I'll be honest. I don't really get what people mean when they say they pay attention to the game economy and logistics. Do you guys enjoy looking at the auto-generated jobs and examining how accurate they are and what ships to where? Do you study the geographic distribution of the in-game companies? Do you get additional satisfaction when you know that the cargo you're delivering and both sending and receiving companies correspond to those IRL? Like, I understand when people complain about repeating prefabs and cargo, these affect visual variety, but there's not much else behind them, the "economy" doesn't really exist. Do people mean that when they say economy?

While more realism is always good, as a casual player, I care more about the looks. And prefabs, companies, trailers, cargo which are reused constantly, indeed get tiring. So I'm with those who want more variety. This stuff is "eye candy" just as much as whatever else ICC advocates mean.

Honestly some of the overused stuff, like Walberts or Weigh Stations blogs, is so memetic at this point I would keep overusing it just for the sake of trolling :P
oldmanclippy

#4543 Post by oldmanclippy » 09 Aug 2022 14:56

Personally, I don't pay much attention to what cargo I'm pulling in box trailers as long as I'm not seeing the same cargo appear over and over again (empty pallets :twisted:). Cargo on flatbeds and similar trailers, absolutely needs variety. But IMO the more important thing is company and industry and prefab diversity. That''s something you can't ignore because it's a big part of each job. And delivering to the same company (Wallbert) using the same prefabs and the same cargo (before the Volvo construction pack, those tiny little forklifts appeared everywhere and got repetitive) gets old quick. I think cargo diversity is in a better place than industry diversity, which in turn is in a better place than company diversity, which is in turn in a better place than prefab diversity (but only barely). But all four aspects have room for improvement.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#4544 Post by flight50 » 09 Aug 2022 15:17

@justgettingold The best way I can explain economy to you like like this:

Walk around your house. Look at everything inside and outside of it. Go outside and look for things in the environment that is not nature. Ask yourself.........where did it come from? 90% of everything you see was either manmade or made by a machine built by man. There a thousands of products that came from somewhere. Everything has a start and an end that we touch. Sometimes even nature can be part of the economy. Everything is part of a chain of something. That is economy. I don't know how Belarus is but I can tell you how the US is. Almost everything I have or see comes to us by truck one way or another. Form harvest, mine or extraction, everything comes from something. Economy is about the chain of events to get to the end product. Its that chain we speak of when we talk about economy and ICC's. Then there is the money management and company maintenance part that is a different type of economy that people also talk about needing an overhaul.

So saying the economy doesn't really exist is completely false. Everything around you is economy.
killingjoke28336

#4545 Post by killingjoke28336 » 09 Aug 2022 15:22

Well there is no dynamic economy in the game. Would be cool to see some industries grow the more you dilver goods to or from them.
fra_ba

#4546 Post by fra_ba » 09 Aug 2022 16:14

I expect around 15 new delivery depots with Texas, not sure about new companies though maybe 10-15? In terms of new prefabs, ATS dlcs are sort of similar to recent ETS2 dlcs. Like in Iberia, IIRC 10 new prefabs added. For ATS up to now on average 8-10 new prefabs have been added (lowest I think is Wyoming and highest Washington with 12 new prefabs).
justgettingold

#4547 Post by justgettingold » 09 Aug 2022 17:57

@flight50 So you mean chains. Ok I understand that. I'd say this is about the visual variety still. We can have 500 Walberts all over the map, or we can have 5 competitors to Walbert, but all that will change/add is a couple of prefabs and trailers. Companies, prefabs, trailers, goods are all for looks, they don't really interact with each other except through the randomly generated jobs. I mean I don't think they're supposed to, it's way too complicated for a game like this. I just thought that by saying economy or logistics you mean something more deep which I may have to see yet in ATS. Demand, supply, market, competition and all that stuff.
flight50

#4548 Post by flight50 » 09 Aug 2022 18:14

@justgettingold. 500 Wallberts vs 5 competitors equaling 500 would be much much better. That's a good way to look at it. That's diversity and what ATS is missing. The less complicated part is that all 5 competitors can use the exact same cargo. We just need a lot more cargo to not make it so repetitive. So its about new company options. A much of cargo can be made for the game and used at many depots. So the more industries, the more companies. The more companies the more cargo to spread out everywhere. So ICC's is what I talk about a lot. They all play off each other. You can't have one without the other.
fra_ba

#4549 Post by fra_ba » 09 Aug 2022 18:15

I love to see the competition like it was in King of the roads or rignroll. Was so much fun
Bedavd

#4550 Post by Bedavd » 10 Aug 2022 04:03

Have we seen the name of the new cotton industry’s company? I assumed it would, sadly, just be Sunshine Crops… however today I was looking around the Texas sectors again and noticed two trailers with plastic wrapped cargo that said “Mary’s Cotton”. Would be cool if we got a new company for the cotton farms.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.

Return to “General discussion about the game”