Texas Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#5561 Post by flight50 » 30 Sep 2022 19:56

Trenero wrote: 30 Sep 2022 19:18 With all this new brands coming, do you think that they can re-use them in base map, and add or rebrand some of the current depots?
As I mentioned early a few times, no reason they can't use some of the new companies coming to Texas as national and/or as regional. Depends on the company though. Not everything needs to go to the base map. A lot more should come to California, Nevada and Arizona that is national though.

There are depots in Montana like MWM and 18 Wheels Garage that need to be national and/or regional. I'd like to get 1-2 more options though for all of ATS. I think even some of the Colorado, Montana and Wyoming new companies can work in Texas. The 2 I just mentioned, Faraday (along with 1-2 more), Johnson & Smith, American Lines, Goliath, Walden's (along with one other), Vitas Power (along with 1 other), USBB (along with Kolico).

All the other companies, we just need brand new competitors for. Take the US Fortune 500 list and do parody companies in ATS based off that. There are many companies that can fit inside of the ATS economy. A few of them would be new industries even. I talk about 25-30 of them all the time on the retail side. They are all on this list. Some national, some regional and some that you just might find just in one state like H.E.B in Texas.

Today's blog is a good sign that more is definitely coming. It just so happened that in today's blog, only certain ones have been revealed. There's a good chance that things Annie has been working on, are starting to get populated on the map. So if the next blog gives us more new companies, we'll know that some of the placeholders are getting polished up. I want to be happy with what Texas can do for all of ATS. There could be a nice boost in companies that make it to the rest of the map. Based on today's blog, maybe even some of the older Gallons get swapped out. If there are multiple Gallons in one city, please make some swaps. But I'm really happy to see that oil/gas in Texas has enough focus to realize there needs to be several new companies. Same for Chemicals. I was sooooo hoping Chemso got a running mate. The new prefab in Montana is really cool but Texas really needed a new Chemical company. It would be perfectly fine in my book to get both Chemso and Suntetico both on the Texas coast. The coastline should be rich with chemical companies, oil/gas companies and ports. A new boat company would be nice to see as well because there are marinas and boat companies everywhere in Texas where there's water.

With that said, I'd really love to see Bass Pro or Cabela's sneak in. Whether with Texas or the future, but I think a sporting goods store would be great. From water equipment to other sporting cargoes to apparel.
explosion65

#5562 Post by explosion65 » 30 Sep 2022 23:13

I’m trying to figure out if it’s Suntetico or Syntetico. It looks more like a “u” on the signs in the screenshots, but then again it could also be a heavily stylized “y” with the bottom part cut off. Also since it’s a chemical company, Syntetico would make more sense, because (I’m assuming) it’s a play on the word “synthetic”, as in synthetic (man made) chemicals. And if that’s the case then wouldn’t Synthetico make even more sense? Or maybe I’m just overthinking the whole thing :geek:

I’m absolutely psyched for Texas either way lol
flight50

#5563 Post by flight50 » 30 Sep 2022 23:30

@explosion65 Based a pic one, I'd say its an "u". Otherwise there would a tail below the main word itself I bet. Its definitely the font. I think its being overthought though honestly. Synthetic fits oil/gas but not chemicals.
[ external image ]
Madkine
Global moderator

#5564 Post by Madkine » 30 Sep 2022 23:43

Given the bottom of the logo on the left is also missing, I'd say it's Syntetico.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
flight50

#5565 Post by flight50 » 01 Oct 2022 01:41

Bottom of logo looks like it's on purpose to me. The white of the bottle blends with the white of the sign. Harder to blend the white outline of the flask with more white for the bottom of flask. Seems deliberate.

Making the bottom of the flask red seems odd. The logo is lower than the u/y though. Both are not on the same horizontal plane. I'm sure Annie will confirm once she sees the concern.
Bedavd

#5566 Post by Bedavd » 01 Oct 2022 01:51

Seems like a y imo. A u would have the tail end at the bottom of the curve before it, or flick out to the right.

The red and white color choice makes me think of Dow Chemical. Wonder if it’ll represent the plants in Freeport.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Jacob94

#5567 Post by Jacob94 » 01 Oct 2022 03:47

Montana released august 4th when the release announcement was July 24th so I’m speculating hopefully eather the 8th or the 10th of November for Texas idk we will see.
Vinnie Terranova

#5568 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 01 Oct 2022 06:40

It's definately Syntetico, because Suntetico wouldn't make sense; the company has nothing to do with the sun. Besides this, a stylized 'u' would make no sense as it would emphasize that the company would have something to do with the sun. But based on the screenshots it looks like the company is a refinery plant. The screenshots of Syntetico are in the second part of the blog about chemical and refinery plants. Also I would stylize an 'u' differently so it would not look like an 'y' because otherwise people can be confused. And as an important industrial company the last thing you want is people getting confused.

Anyway, the missing 'h' is strange...
Tristman

#5569 Post by Tristman » 01 Oct 2022 07:05

Synthetic in Spanish is sintético, so the missing h makes sense to me. Wouldn’t be the first thing in Texas with a Spanish or Spanish-inspired name.

@flight50 Definition of the word synthetic according to Google: (of a substance) made by chemical synthesis, especially to imitate a natural product.
"synthetic rubber"

So I think Syntetico makes sense. And I agree with Bedavd, having the end of a u drawn out like that would be a really strange way to stylize it.
Last edited by Tristman on 01 Oct 2022 07:11, edited 1 time in total.
Jacob94

#5570 Post by Jacob94 » 01 Oct 2022 07:08

pic 14 is definitely the beaumont texas chemical plant known as exxonmobil and they nailed every bit of it. so this confirms beaumont texas might end up in ATS
heres some reference pics to irl and in game it shows the exact same layout. even the exit and entrance heres a picture of the blog post pic 14 for comparison [ external image ]

bottom are the pictures from the irl exxonmobil.
Attachments
unknown.png
unknown.png (288.02 KiB) Viewed 261 times
2.jpg

Return to “General discussion about the game”