Texas Discussion Thread

EthanE40

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#4621 Post by EthanE40 » 12 Aug 2022 06:12

As far as Houston goes, I imagine most of the commercial industry will be west of downtown, and most of the other industries like railyards, refineries, distribution centers, etc will be east of downtown?
Bedavd

#4622 Post by Bedavd » 12 Aug 2022 06:22

AlexxxF1 wrote: 12 Aug 2022 02:51 I'm just wondering, how many new companies do you expect from Texas DLC?

Just. If on average we expect even 10 new companies from each state, then 48x10 = 480 different companies.
I know I'm cutting out the context, but I just wanted to address this idea really quickly. I, for one, really would love to see a lot of the highly re-used companies get a replacement or two. We already have Coastline/NAMIQ, and that does the job really well! We also have DeMuro/Drake/Voltison and Mon Coeur/Darchelle but those are much more limited now. I don't think anyone expects 10 new companies from each state. Particularly as we move east. Under no circumstance do I see Rhode Island bringing 10 new companies. Maybe an entire New England (ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, & CT) could bring 10, but not each alone.

I, personally, would rather see new companies based more around region than around the states themselves, as well. There are plenty of western/mid-western/southern/etc. chains and I'd love to see that in the game. I thought DeMuro cars would be a SW version of Drake. Coastline/NAMIQ seem to have a line drawn at the Rocky states. We'll have to see if more of these come for Wallbert, HMS, Bitumen, and the farms. We have what I would consider the West filled in. Everything beyond is Midwest, Great Plains, or Southern. I sure hope the divide of West/the rest proves as much.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
fra_ba

#4623 Post by fra_ba » 12 Aug 2022 06:42

flight50 wrote: 12 Aug 2022 06:09 I really wished we get a new rail company though. Rail Export is at about 25 depot mark in the game. Even better, I wish the UP parody and the BNSF parody matched the depot instead of being called Rail Export.
Definitely I would support that. And it's probably better to change some of previously added ones to this new company. With the current direction toward great lakes, We don't need more than two. Probably until Chicago and Minneapolis, which should bring a parody of CN or CP.
On a side note, currently there are two prefabs for Rail Export (Actually three but I didn't count the one that was in the base map). One introduced with NM dlc and the other with WA dlc. The former reused 6 times. Two of them are based on real-life facilities of BNSF. The latter reused 9 times, three of which are based on real-life facilities of UP and BNSF (Seattle and Denver are UP and Spokane in BNSF).
JoeAlex23

#4624 Post by JoeAlex23 » 12 Aug 2022 06:52

Wait, isn't a American Lines a rival/competitor to Rail Export?
Tristman

#4625 Post by Tristman » 12 Aug 2022 06:54

I wouldn’t consider DeMuro/Drake/Voltison a great example. DeMuro has only appeared in Utah and doesn’t look like it will expand. Drake is the default car dealer right now and spreading like crazy, and Voltison is the old car dealer that hasn’t been used in a while. Looks like we’re only getting Voltison warehouses going forward.
TheAmir259

#4626 Post by TheAmir259 » 12 Aug 2022 07:21

JoeAlex23 wrote: 12 Aug 2022 06:52 Wait, isn't a American Lines a rival/competitor to Rail Export?
I believe in game it barely is, Rail Export is still dominating in this aspect.
Two wrongs don't make a right, three lefts...do :D
fra_ba

#4627 Post by fra_ba » 12 Aug 2022 07:37

I think the represent different industries. Rail Export is mainly concerned with cargo transfer while American Lines is for rail industry supply and maintenance. In game Johnson and Smith seems to be the rival of American Lines.
Tristman

#4628 Post by Tristman » 12 Aug 2022 07:48

Yeah, Johnson & Smith even shares a prefab now with American Lines since Montana.
killingjoke28336

#4629 Post by killingjoke28336 » 12 Aug 2022 08:31

Just drove through South California, man does it suck. What 6 years of gaining knowlege can make a differnce. So I really hope Texas is due to release at the end of this year, not only because we will get a huge new state but also frees up manpower to get the rebuilds going faster.
flight50

#4630 Post by flight50 » 12 Aug 2022 12:39

Manpower in general will free up both mappers and asset people. I was in favor of 3 paid maps for 2023 at first. But now, I lean towards SCS catching up. Especially if Texas isn't what I expect with these companies. Here's what I'm thinking for 2023:

1) send enough to Califorina to do phase 4 (Central California) and phase 1 Nevada (Northern Nevada, I-80 and above) along with US-50 from Sacramento to Carson CIty only

2) Oklahoma and Kansas. 2 paid is good for one more year imo. Why rush to 3 paid when much van be done for the padr areas

3) add all the missing roads in paid dlc's. The basemap is getting rebuilt so exclude roadsin the base map. Make Chico though. We have the exist for it. Route thru Chuco and connect to CA-299. 1 person per 1-3 roads. Depends on how long and complex. There's at least 12 that we talk about a lot or talked about a lot

4) asset team flood the game with new companies and mappers implement them. I've named a solid 12-15 on many occasions. No need tobreoeat here. These 12-15 or more can be National, regional or state specific. Just add them and thin out the overused depots. There's a lot of them. Diversity within regions is great. Don't shy from it.

After said is done, 2024 it's on. The Texas team can rebound much better from a super long project. WB will help financially and they might even get to release HoR next year. So ATS wouldn't need to do 3 paid so fast.

I think ATS can do like they did for 6-12 months like the rescale.....take a step back and regroup, refocus because the logistics of ATS is not on a good path. ATS needs to play catch up and have a better thought out plan. 3 Wallberts in one city. 3 NAMIQ or 3 Coastline Mining is not a pretty site to see imho.

The sooner the past is dealt with the sooner the future can get more full focus. A better plan makes it easier for the entire game moving forward.

Return to “General discussion about the game”