Texas Discussion Thread

Optional Features

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#3341 Post by Optional Features » 21 May 2022 16:37

@Shiva I would much prefer it that way than the current: the current map is way too perfect. Do we have a single graffiti tag on the whole map yet?
SouthernMan

#3342 Post by SouthernMan » 21 May 2022 16:48

Jacob94 wrote: 21 May 2022 16:35
SouthernMan wrote: 21 May 2022 15:18

I'm still making these textures. The good thing about these textures is that they really are real textures, unlike many "Road Textures" mods where the textures are very generic(unreal).
heck scs should use these textures too be honest
They are good textures, though. As I said, they're good textures because they're real, unlike most SCS textures that have a generic look, I don't know.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
SuchManor

#3343 Post by SuchManor » 21 May 2022 19:30

@SouthernMan those look really good! Right now I use Project Next Gen textures which are also leaps ahead of any SCS road textures.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
oldmanclippy

#3344 Post by oldmanclippy » 21 May 2022 20:13

seriousmods wrote: 21 May 2022 16:37 @Shiva I would much prefer it that way than the current: the current map is way too perfect. Do we have a single graffiti tag on the whole map yet?
That's one of the (many) areas where ETS2 is doing better, Iberia has a good amount of graffiti and it adds a lot to the immersion and realism, way more than I would have thought. When I drove from CDG Airport to Paris in real life, there was quite a bit of graffiti, and in-game even with Paris' rework it's squeaky clean. Graffiti is more sporadically placed in US cities from my experience but it's still there and definitely noticeable.

There's a lot of interesting design philosophy differences between ATS and ETS2 considering they're made under the same roof. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the teams need to share knowledge and experience between them as much as possible. Keep mappers between teams but have the leads and researchers communicate way more. Yes I don't know how much they actually communicate, but if they already are communicating they need to be communicating more or more effectively. The step up in mountain quality that Austria made and now the answer from Montana and Texas makes me think they are sharing mapping knowledge, and if that's the case they need to keep that going. Never let one game get ahead of the other for more one expansion. Let the ideas and improvements flow freely between them.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
SouthernMan

#3345 Post by SouthernMan » 21 May 2022 20:36

SuchManor wrote: 21 May 2022 19:30 @SouthernMan those look really good! Right now I use Project Next Gen textures which are also leaps ahead of any SCS road textures.
Oh, yeah! I even tested the Project Next Gen Road textures, but I still prefer to use the ones I'm making. But Nex gen are good too!
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
SouthernMan

#3346 Post by SouthernMan » 21 May 2022 20:40

oldmanclippy wrote: 21 May 2022 20:13
seriousmods wrote: 21 May 2022 16:37 @Shiva I would much prefer it that way than the current: the current map is way too perfect. Do we have a single graffiti tag on the whole map yet?
That's one of the (many) areas where ETS2 is doing better, Iberia has a good amount of graffiti and it adds a lot to the immersion and realism, way more than I would have thought. When I drove from CDG Airport to Paris in real life, there was quite a bit of graffiti, and in-game even with Paris' rework it's squeaky clean. Graffiti is more sporadically placed in US cities from my experience but it's still there and definitely noticeable.

There's a lot of interesting design philosophy differences between ATS and ETS2 considering they're made under the same roof. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the teams need to share knowledge and experience between them as much as possible. Keep mappers between teams but have the leads and researchers communicate way more. Yes I don't know how much they actually communicate, but if they already are communicating they need to be communicating more or more effectively. The step up in mountain quality that Austria made and now the answer from Montana and Texas makes me think they are sharing mapping knowledge, and if that's the case they need to keep that going. Never let one game get ahead of the other for more one expansion. Let the ideas and improvements flow freely between them.
Now, thats true bro! The mountains of Austria are very well done, looking really farther away. Now, in ATS, it seems that the mappers are not very aware of this...
Optional Features

#3347 Post by Optional Features » 21 May 2022 20:58

@oldmanclippy Yeah, I saw it in Iberia as well: wish California could get some with the rework. I don't support graffiti (although some of it is cool), but not having any (or any trash) makes a city look really fake. Many a West Coast city has more than its share of both depending on area.
SouthernMan

#3348 Post by SouthernMan » 21 May 2022 21:25

seriousmods wrote: 21 May 2022 20:58 @oldmanclippy Yeah, I saw it in Iberia as well: wish California could get some with the rework. I don't support graffiti (although some of it is cool), but not having any (or any trash) makes a city look really fake. Many a West Coast city has more than its share of both depending on area.
Now, thats true bud! It's not necessary to put graffiti everywhere, as well as rubbish either, but not putting them on the map also makes the place (ingame) not seem real. It doesn't look realistic.
SuchManor

#3349 Post by SuchManor » 21 May 2022 21:30

SouthernMan wrote: 21 May 2022 20:36
SuchManor wrote: 21 May 2022 19:30 @SouthernMan those look really good! Right now I use Project Next Gen textures which are also leaps ahead of any SCS road textures.
Oh, yeah! I even tested the Project Next Gen Road textures, but I still prefer to use the ones I'm making. But Nex gen are good too!
I’ll definitely have to give yours a try.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
Vinnie Terranova

#3350 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 21 May 2022 21:38

Some cities have no graffiti at all, but other cities have quite some graffiti in some areas, like in Newport, OR:

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”