Texas Discussion Thread

Trakaplex

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#4471 Post by Trakaplex » 05 Aug 2022 18:05

kudoshinchi wrote: 05 Aug 2022 17:38
Izmaragon wrote: 05 Aug 2022 02:53 I would certainly agree that the WoT speed needs raising. I use a mod to raise the speed limiter on ets2 to I think 110km or so...

Fairly sure TX will come out in Dec or Jan.
wasn't some state require truck speed limit to 65? correct me if I am wrong
Here in Texas we have 80 no matter for trucks or not. I'm not sure if they will add 130 Toll due to 1:20 map scale.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
Brendan0620

#4472 Post by Brendan0620 » 05 Aug 2022 19:10

Now that Montana is released, Texas can now receive the blog glory! :D

I'm really enjoying Montana, I think Texas is going to be great just like Montana as well! I always enjoy long highway/interstate driving so I am looking forward to Texas. I too think Texas will come out this year unless something massive goes wrong, as it sounded like in yesterday's MT release stream, that Pavel is hoping for a Q4 2022 release. One line that caught me from Pavel was:
The final push is going to be crazy, they feel great about it, but they still have many things to, like touch, improve, polish, optimize, so the big major release is obvious, we have an idea of when we want to release it but, I'm not going to commit to it now in public.
It sounds like Texas is getting closer by that quote line but that's what I think, it could be anyone's guess.
[ external image ]
Intel Core i7 13700F -> MSI GeForce RTX 4060TI 16GB -> 32GB RAM -> Y40 Case
What is your Favorite Interstate in American Truck Simulator?
flight50

#4473 Post by flight50 » 05 Aug 2022 19:21

kudoshinchi wrote: 05 Aug 2022 17:38 wasn't some state require truck speed limit to 65? correct me if I am wrong
California is 55mph. You might be thinking of that.

Yeah I think Texas has to be a 2022 map. No HoR this year and more than likely no West Balkans. Texas won't exactly bring in HoR money but it will be huge for ATS and bring in a lot of revenue for an ATS map. I still think quite a few more people buy ATS when Texas hits. The West is complete and now we will soon have our first state outside of the West.

Blogs will bring Texas to center stage for sure now. Texas hype will need to generate because the end of the year will come fast. But Texas really has to make a great impression with new. Many many things will come after Texas but logistically, SCS can do that for day one release. Features...........ehhh we just might have to have more patience. But the economy, cities and roads have to be pretty strong for Texas to make its best impact until new features can come.

Dog light traffic lights, truck washes/dirt on trucks, AI improvements......these are a few things that could be the least that happens with Texas. Industry wise, Texas has to match or double Montana's outlook.
Marcello Julio

#4474 Post by Marcello Julio » 05 Aug 2022 19:35

Pavel said that he doesn't promise Texas for 2022, but if it does, it will be in Q4 2022.
Trakaplex

#4475 Post by Trakaplex » 05 Aug 2022 19:54

flight50 wrote: 05 Aug 2022 19:21
kudoshinchi wrote: 05 Aug 2022 17:38 wasn't some state require truck speed limit to 65? correct me if I am wrong
Dog light traffic lights, truck washes/dirt on trucks, AI improvements......these are a few things that could be the least that happens with Texas. Industry wise, Texas has to match or double Montana's outlook.
Speaking of, I think Simon needs to make more custom signals. Those lights they have are predominantly in West Texas. Many areas here have backplates.
The other thing is that the lights along US-287 in downtown Amarillo are vertical. Fort Worth, Greenville, Weatherford, New Braunfels, San Antonio are examples in Texas that still have vertical. In Dallas's vicinity, it's more mixed. In Lufkin, they have doghouse and side-by-side (why?).
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
Schinken235

#4476 Post by Schinken235 » 05 Aug 2022 20:29

^ Yeah, custom traffic lights for every crossing would greatly enhance immersion. I also hope for traffic lights hanging from wires and/or 4-way-traffic lights, like the one in Oregon. :D
kudoshinchi

#4477 Post by kudoshinchi » 05 Aug 2022 20:48

flight50 wrote: 05 Aug 2022 19:21
California is 55mph. You might be thinking of that.

Yeah I think Texas has to be a 2022 map. No HoR this year and more than likely no West Balkans. Texas won't exactly bring in HoR money but it will be huge for ATS and bring in a lot of revenue for an ATS map. I still think quite a few more people buy ATS when Texas hits. The West is complete and now we will soon have our first state outside of the West.

Blogs will bring Texas to center stage for sure now. Texas hype will need to generate because the end of the year will come fast. But Texas really has to make a great impression with new. Many many things will come after Texas but logistically, SCS can do that for day one release. Features...........ehhh we just might have to have more patience. But the economy, cities and roads have to be pretty strong for Texas to make its best impact until new features can come.

I know California is 55 but I thought some states does have 65mph
I did just google up it looks like US senators propose 65 mph truck speed limiters
flight50

#4478 Post by flight50 » 05 Aug 2022 22:12

Trakaplex wrote: 05 Aug 2022 19:54 Speaking of, I think Simon needs to make more custom signals. Those lights they have are predominantly in West Texas. Many areas here have backplates.
The other thing is that the lights along US-287 in downtown Amarillo are vertical. Fort Worth, Greenville, Weatherford, New Braunfels, San Antonio are examples in Texas that still have vertical. In Dallas's vicinity, it's more mixed. In Lufkin, they have doghouse and side-by-side (why?).
Simon is just the map lead, he doesn't make lights. That is on the programmers and asset team to build it. At that point Simon's team, not Simon can implement it.
oldmanclippy

#4479 Post by oldmanclippy » 06 Aug 2022 01:41

I think it's fair to say that's what Trakaplex meant. Simon needs to be the one to delegate that to his team. Goes without saying IMO.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
flight50

#4480 Post by flight50 » 06 Aug 2022 05:27

Fair enough, that's probably what he meant.

Texas is a beast and we know it. SCS knows it. A lot can go wrong with it, a lot can go right with it. The issue with soooo many hands involved is that we have a lot more chance for inconsistency. This is when we'll have to lean on the map leads to buckle down on the map team. The more that has to be redone and tweaked is more time spent from a release date. When Texas does release, I'm sure I'll have a few words to input but granted I understand the limitations with scale and just knowing how huge 1:1 Texas is, I honestly think I'll judge it pretty fairly without being to harsh. I'll understand that the main point is to make a good quality looking dlc. I don't look for 100% accuracy. I look for does it look good and is it fun to play. Without looking at Google maps, a huge portion of the community won't know of inaccuracies anyways. I can only vouch for North Texas for the most part. I haven't spent nearly as much time elsewhere. I can't claim to know other areas as well as home base obviously but others perhaps can. The Cruising Texas event will be huge for ATS though. It will take me more than a month to get thru it all based on how I like to play new dlc's.

I'd love to give Texas at least an A- when it releases but that will all depend on if the logistics of Texas is right. Up til now, ATS just hasn't come up with enough company diversity to make me think Texas will be any different. I'm soooo hoping I can be proven wrong. Montana brought a few new companies and that was great but even it had the opportunity to bring some competitor stores but didn't. There is always room for more companies with every update. Doesn't even have to be a new map dlc to do it. I am sure other people will be a lot more critical of Texas than I will be. So if Texas doesn't pull off that A-, 9/10 times it will be because the logistics is just too weak. For a state that will be ETS2 prices, 3.5+ years in the making and such a huge footprint, there is a lot of content that needs to be implement and the vast majority of it needs to be new. Honestly when it comes to ICC's, the Texas dlc needs to have 50% new ICC's. Sounds like a lot, I don't think so. Not when ETS2 maps get 20+ new companies and a few new industries per dlc. Cargo at that point is the question. How much new cargo is made per dlc. Many people still think Texas is just another state. Yes...but no at the same time. The expectation are just flat out high. The devs can be cranking at 200% trying to get thing as best they can, but it can all be derailed with a weak logistics system. Texas's logistic imho is what will make or break the dlc. If Texas is weak, its will definitely be expected for other states in the future.

Logistics is the entire point of the game and Texas must be deeper than what the ATS teams have done so far. I preach and preach ICC's for a reason. Had SCS give more focus to them since Oregon, the community wouldn't be so critical. I wouldn't be so critical. I'm just a voice but its one that is trying to help SCS not get negativity. The blueprint for the US economy is stated on the forum daily. It just takes a dev to report back to make changes to the game. Now ICC's is a glowing hole in ATS when I tried advocating for diversity years ago. I started advocating ICCs because I saw exactly where ATS was heading. Guess what.........it exactly what I anticipated. Now its at a critical point. California had a chance to put a dent in new companies. So far, only one new company. California started our world. Companies added there can go everywhere in the US if applicable.

But the highlight companies below and their overuse in ATS in general is pulling the excitement down for ATS imo. The cool thing is that SCS can go in and update/swap this stuff out. It can all be fixed but will it is the question. When smaller states coming, I'd love to see focus put on going into the entire map to reduce some of these over used companies by bringing in competitor companies or just new companies in general. ATS should be at least 2-3 companies deep per industry with 11 states by now. I think it very possible for ATS to mimic ETS2 and not have a single repeated company in any given city. When that is achieved, that is truly when you have diversity.

ATS now has 11 states and prior to Montana, this is where the companies stand. With 11 states, this is just far too many over used companies. I'll continue to bring this to the forefront until change comes. Its getting to the point where many think SCS just doesn't care and they put in whatever they want. Helena in Montana is a prime example of this. Just that once city alone grew Wallbert by 3. Why? Only one of the 3 is a real life location. The other 2 are completely fictional. SCS is not playing the game like we the fans are. So if people are pointing out the obvious, attention has to address it in my thing. But there is no excuse to have this many Wallberts when more than 70% are not even realistic locations. If Texas continues this trend, the rest of ATS is more than likely going to follow and I predict more disappointment for ATS fans and even possible decreased support.....which ATS does not need right now. ATS currently stands a 55 total companies covering 11 states. That number could easily be 75-80 and that's being generous. If Texas brings less than 15-20 new companies, at this point, I'm not sure what to think anymore.

[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”