Texas Discussion Thread

TruckingWolfUSA

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#4551 Post by TruckingWolfUSA » 10 Aug 2022 04:45

Bedavd wrote: 10 Aug 2022 04:03 Have we seen the name of the new cotton industry’s company? I assumed it would, sadly, just be Sunshine Crops… however today I was looking around the Texas sectors again and noticed two trailers with plastic wrapped cargo that said “Mary’s Cotton”. Would be cool if we got a new company for the cotton farms.
It seems like we're getting new companies with every expansion to farming and agriculture so I would not be surprised if that's the case.
I think the amount of Sunshine Crops will reduce as they build up the 3D assets and prefabs for various parts of the agricultural industry. It's possible that in the future, we'll be able to replace the generic farms with specific ones in previously released states as they get rebuilt and refreshed. If fact, that's exactly what I expect to happen.
Bedavd

#4552 Post by Bedavd » 10 Aug 2022 04:59

That would be nice. I’ve been a little pessimistic lately given the more specific areas of existing industries has just been lumped into broader companies (see Silane gas and Chemso), but we have signs for Saimon’s Pecans added to the map editor, and I figured that would be Sunshine as well. Hopefully you’re right and that trend ends now!

I went back into the game to double check and grabbed some pictures.

If it's not a new company name, then I think SCS should think about grabbing the logo and making it the cotton farm's company really quickly before Texas releases. I think it's a great looking logo!
[ external image ]

It is promising that at least the pecan industry seems to be getting it's own company. This is definitely a step in the right direction compared to the last DLCs.
[ external image ]
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#4553 Post by flight50 » 10 Aug 2022 06:05

I'd be quite upset to be honest if the cotton gin prefab was a Sunshine Crops. To be honest, I see Sunshine as produce type crops. Not sure if cotton actually fits that bill. At this point, ATS really needs 4-5 produce farms. There are simply wayyyyy too many pieces of produce that can come to ATS. Generic names like fruit or vegetable isn't going to work. We need specific cargo.

I'm cool with Mary's Cotton. The new name is not as critical. What is critical is simply coming up with a new name instead of constantly using the same exact names we have. The potential cotton as in this game can go pretty far. There are a lot of different depots cotton can go to. Cotton can be a food source for humans, animals and plants, it can be made into goods we wear or us and it can be combined with other components to make a totally new product.
clifflandmark

#4554 Post by clifflandmark » 10 Aug 2022 07:14

The problem is that SCS does not even add new ones to the old states.Logically, new ones become "local" companies.

They're choosing to change existing gas stations instead of adding new ones...
Vinnie Terranova

#4555 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 10 Aug 2022 07:34

clifflandmark wrote: 10 Aug 2022 07:14The problem is that SCS does not even add new ones to the old states. Logically, new ones become "local" companies.
This is not entirely true:
- Farmer's Barn is a new company in UT, but it is also in CO, ID, WY and MT
- NAMIQ is a new company in CO, but it also in NM, WY and MT
- USBB is a new company in CO, but it is also in WY and MT
- Vitas Power is a new company in CO, but it is also in WY
- Johnson & Smith is a new company in WY, but it is also in MT
Tristman

#4556 Post by Tristman » 10 Aug 2022 08:03

clifflandmark wrote: 10 Aug 2022 07:14 The problem is that SCS does not even add new ones to the old states.Logically, new ones become "local" companies.

They're choosing to change existing gas stations instead of adding new ones...
Deepgrove, Drake Car Dealer, Farmer's Barn, Home Store and USBB were all added to California so far, even though they made their debut in newer states.
Tristman

#4557 Post by Tristman » 10 Aug 2022 08:07

Bedavd wrote: 10 Aug 2022 04:59 Have we seen the name of the new cotton industry’s company? I assumed it would, sadly, just be Sunshine Crops… however today I was looking around the Texas sectors again and noticed two trailers with plastic wrapped cargo that said “Mary’s Cotton”. Would be cool if we got a new company for the cotton farms.
Very nice find!

And to maybe overanalyze it a bit, the def name for the cotton depot (which ties it to a certain cargo pool for accepting/providing cargo) is mr_cot_pn.
All def names for Sunshine Crops start with sc_ , which would suggest that the cotton depot indeed is a different company, and "mr_cot" is close enough to Mary's Cotton 8-)
flight50

#4558 Post by flight50 » 10 Aug 2022 12:18

@Tristman awesome. Well that's good news to hear. I wonder what chain comes with cotton though. I think at least 3-4 depot types. New farm. Factory for processing. 3 cargoes out. Bolls, cottonseed oil to food plants, hulls for fertilizer. Factory for clothes. We could get like 2 of these honest. One for apparel and one for personal care. Then at least 1-2 new retail stores.

I wonder if SCS is bold enough to release a Texas blog this week. Its been 3 weeks since the last one. Tomorrow makes a week since Montana released. 4-6 weeks after Montana and Texas blogs should increase for sure followed by perhaps the teaser for the next map dlc. I don't see the xmas stream needing to come just to reveal though. The xmas stream should included California reworks along with direction for RtC
(Road to Chicago).
oldmanclippy

#4559 Post by oldmanclippy » 10 Aug 2022 15:10

I bet a Texas blog will come this week or next week. Gotta get the hype ball rolling. If Texas is indeed coming in December, 4 months isn't as much time as it sounds.

Hopefully we can get a look at our second big city this month or next month. El Paso was probably the most promising Texas blog so far so I'm looking forward to seeing what they've done with the others.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
55sixxx

#4560 Post by 55sixxx » 10 Aug 2022 16:47

I wish we'd get an I-10 blog post or maybe a "Cities along I-10"... That's the thing I'm looking forward the most on Texas.

Return to “General discussion about the game”