Texas Discussion Thread

Vk56dehan

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#5741 Post by Vk56dehan » 05 Oct 2022 13:16

Mooner_37 wrote: 05 Oct 2022 13:00 Nice :). Let the countdown start!
I only installed 1.46 ob to play around with features then removed it. Forgot to look, is TX highlighted in the map or still blacked out? I think usually the state / county gets highlighted without detail just before it releases.
parasaurolophus67

#5742 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 05 Oct 2022 13:17

@Vk56dehan Its blacked out as of now in 1.46.
Tristman

#5743 Post by Tristman » 05 Oct 2022 13:18

Not highlighted yet, but I think Wyoming also wasn’t immediately highlighted at the start of the open beta.
Vk56dehan

#5744 Post by Vk56dehan » 05 Oct 2022 13:27

Tristman wrote: 05 Oct 2022 13:18 Not highlighted yet, but I think Wyoming also wasn’t immediately highlighted at the start of the open beta.
I'll keep my hopes at bay then. Im very excited about TX but I also like the current map shape we have too hah. TX is gonna make it all oblong again. Another couple years before the map is "square" again....unless they run south for future dlc. Then my ocd head will explode 😆. They might though. Seems they completed all states in the 'west' region. Now they are doing TX which is considered 'south'. Kansas to the dakotas and east to Ohio is 'midwest'. We will see. Going south region would get us to the atlantic faster.
oldmanclippy

#5745 Post by oldmanclippy » 05 Oct 2022 13:30

Gormanbros wrote: 05 Oct 2022 06:17 In addition, the sprawl is very important to making big cities like Dallas and Houston feel as huge as they are. I was just driving through the area north of San Francisco, and I was pretty impressed and happy with just how far north the suburban sprawl got out to on CA-101. It felt very realistic, in a way older cities in the map like Las Vegas, Phoenix and San Diego don't. I'm pretty optimistic about the sprawl being included in TX. Phase 2 of the California rework did a good job of making the northern Sam Francisco metro area and Sacramento feel big. Looking forward to the Texas megacities feeling the same way.
Fully agreed. Having Troutdale in Portland, Renton in Seattle, Aurora in Denver, and Petaluma, San Rafael, and Richmond (so far) in the Bay Area really go a long ways towards making cities feel like more than just a downtown center and some depots outside of it. So far all signs point to Texas following a similar pattern.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Vk56dehan

#5746 Post by Vk56dehan » 05 Oct 2022 13:33

oldmanclippy wrote: 05 Oct 2022 13:30
Gormanbros wrote: 05 Oct 2022 06:17 In addition, the sprawl is very important to making big cities like Dallas and Houston feel as huge as they are. I was just driving through the area north of San Francisco, and I was pretty impressed and happy with just how far north the suburban sprawl got out to on CA-101. It felt very realistic, in a way older cities in the map like Las Vegas, Phoenix and San Diego don't. I'm pretty optimistic about the sprawl being included in TX. Phase 2 of the California rework did a good job of making the northern Sam Francisco metro area and Sacramento feel big. Looking forward to the Texas megacities feeling the same way.
Fully agreed. Having Troutdale in Portland, Renton in Seattle, Aurora in Denver, and Petaluma, San Rafael, and Richmond (so far) in the Bay Area really go a long ways towards making cities feel like more than just a downtown center and some depots outside of it. So far all signs point to Texas following a similar pattern.
I feel TX is gonna be next level tbh.......and probably very CPU heavy (cause single). Scs map team has really stepped their game up recently imo
flight50

#5747 Post by flight50 » 05 Oct 2022 14:54

Vk56dehan wrote: 05 Oct 2022 13:27
Tristman wrote: 05 Oct 2022 13:18 Not highlighted yet, but I think Wyoming also wasn’t immediately highlighted at the start of the open beta.
I'll keep my hopes at bay then. Im very excited about TX but I also like the current map shape we have too hah. TX is gonna make it all oblong again. Another couple years before the map is "square" again....unless they run south for future dlc. Then my ocd head will explode 😆. They might though. Seems they completed all states in the 'west' region. Now they are doing TX which is considered 'south'. Kansas to the dakotas and east to Ohio is 'midwest'. We will see. Going south region would get us to the atlantic faster.
We can pan to see all of Texas and a lot more now with 1.46ob.. That's another sign other than being highlighted.

As far as being squared, I don't think it will take a couple of years. By the end of 2023, we can easily have Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska in place. In the home stretch of Texas, I'm sure half the team has moved on to the 2023 maps. That's just how they typically do it. So it will square up pretty quick actually. The Dakotas is bonus but that is 2024 or beyond. I-35 connecting up to I-70 is clutch for boxed traveling again. I-80 will be accessible via back roads as well.

So North Texas connections improves with 2023 potential states. The 2022 xmas stream should be interesting this year.
oldmanclippy

#5748 Post by oldmanclippy » 05 Oct 2022 15:14

Oklahoma won't do a lot for squaring the map but it will square up Texas itself. Kansas will square up the map at large, Nebraska doesn't really help in that regard. Except for maybe Gillette/Glendive/Sidney to Bartlesville or Tulsa. Everything else is well served enough by Kansas.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Jacob94

#5749 Post by Jacob94 » 05 Oct 2022 16:40

idk when the release date will be announced since montana was july 24th so i have no clue but other than that i can't wait since my hometown is in the game thanks scs you nailed beaumont.
Trakaplex

#5750 Post by Trakaplex » 05 Oct 2022 16:46

You think if Davido moved onto the states like Oklahoma, you think a separate team is building LA/AR? That would square the rest of Texas, and we may get Texarkana as close in the future if it doesn't come with Texas. That would mean that team could expand across the gulf toward Florida, while Davido's focuses on the Midwest. Dakotas are definitely an early 2024 DLC if OK-KS-NE is a bundle, and late 2024 if not. That would mean they could get to NYC before 2030.

I think we could see Mississippi and Alabama by late 2024, except by a different team.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation

Return to “General discussion about the game”