ATS 1.38 Discussion

flight50

Re: ATS 1.38 Discussion

#1191 Post by flight50 » 30 Jul 2020 14:53

I will have to play with the idea. I attempted last night but I am not good at knowing how the game files work. I did 3 trucks the way I knew how and it worked. I will need more time to figure out this other way. I usually need step by step to get such manipulation correct. One thing I didn’t see is the spawn ratio. What text stand is that or is that in a different sii file?

cip

#1192 Post by cip » 30 Jul 2020 15:07

Mohegan13 wrote:
30 Jul 2020 11:14
I use renamer (fnr) and bulk rename utility to do all the renaming instantly. :P 60 seconds tops.
ok, to rename files it's fast no doubts, but to make clone of each truck you need to rename all defs and possibly those of accessories too, for each truck (if accessories defs do not start with a dot). this you cannot do in bulk because the defs of each truck is different of course so it will take some time. I use notepad++ for all kind of bulk edits, adding/removing bulk rules, lines, but for different defs I did not find a solution yet :lol:
@flight50 trucks do not have spawn_ratio by default (at least not all), if you have a look in my sound mod (for inspiration) you will see that I added spawn_ratio rules for many Ai vehicles
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my ATS Real Ai Traffic Sounds 1.36-1.37
currently on strike :D beta testings and bug reports are temporarily suspended from my activity until further decisions :lol:

flight50

#1193 Post by flight50 » 30 Jul 2020 16:11

Ohhhh, okay. I have to add the spawn_rules. Yes I have seen them in your traffic mod files. I have played with them a little just to see how they work and I love the time of day adjustments that can be made. Those spawn ratios is what I was looking for in the truck dlc files. I don't know much about coding and adding this or that. But I can figure out and tweak info that is already in place for me to tinker with. The more time I spend tinkering, the less time I have to play though so minimum effort is what I try to go for. I wish I could play more though. In due time, I am sure I will play more as the map grows. Right now I don't play a ton because I don't want to get burned out again like I did before and after New Mexico released. Since then, many more options are opening up ATS and that is what I am loving. The next 2-3 years will be great. But when I get too bored with ATS like I did in 2017, that is when I invested in ETS2. I go there for a couple deliveries and I am good. I still get my trucking fix in.

Return to “General discussion about the game”