ATS street name maps

nautofon

ATS street name maps

#1 Post by nautofon » 02 Jul 2020 00:35

The purpose of this thread is to survey and document street names that appear in ATS. These may be useful for writing driving directions, among other things. If you post a new street name map in this thread, I will update this list to include a link.

Important: This thread is only about names that are actually available within a current version of the game. Please do not copy street names from Google or from other maps—only street names mentioned on at least one road sign in ATS are acceptable here! For real-life street names, please see Bedavd's excellent ATS IRL Map.

Note: As of 2022, many of these maps are outdated because SCS went back and added missing street names (or, in a few rare cases, changed existing ones). At the same time, many parts of newer DLC are made so well that you can just use a real-life map of the city in question (or, indeed, Bedavd's map mentioned above). Consequently, I no longer produce street name maps myself. However, I am still accepting your submissions to this list, so that we have a place where we can gather any such work done by the community.

Images to be included in this list should be compressed down to at most about 500 KB each.
Please remember any limits on attachment use that may be set by the forum rules.
Last edited by nautofon on 27 Feb 2023 16:09, edited 34 times in total.
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD
Reignman

Re: ATS street name maps

#2 Post by Reignman » 02 Jul 2020 21:52

Fascinating. This makes me wonder, is it possible to mod the in-game map/gps? I would like to see these names in-game. Plus I always wanted to make my own map/gps that included a lot more details.
nautofon

#3 Post by nautofon » 02 Jul 2020 23:00

Not a bad idea. I think there's a mod that replaces the black map backdrop with a satellite picture, but I never tried it. Perhaps it only affects the "big" world map, not the Route Advisor or in-cab display?
Aristarh

#4 Post by Aristarh » 04 Jul 2020 13:14

It can be in places on the city map where there are no street names, indicate landmarks (signs on buildings, etc.)
Attachments
Salt Lake City.jpg
nautofon

#5 Post by nautofon » 04 Jul 2020 17:00

SLC looks like drawn by hand. Very nice job! I've added it to the list.

Showing suitable landmarks sounds good to me.

edit: I almost forgot—I think we're not supposed to use the attachment function in this forum section (forum rule 2.10). It'd probably be best if you used an image hoster like imgur.com instead.
Aristarh

#6 Post by Aristarh » 05 Jul 2020 14:21

Aristarh

#7 Post by Aristarh » 05 Jul 2020 14:45

nautofon

#8 Post by nautofon » 05 Jul 2020 15:32

Wow, you're doing quite a job here :) thanks!

BTW, I've also added Las Vegas, with a snapshot from the public beta test. Will update it after release.
Reignman

#9 Post by Reignman » 11 Jul 2020 05:47

nautofon wrote: 02 Jul 2020 23:00 Not a bad idea. I think there's a mod that replaces the black map backdrop with a satellite picture, but I never tried it. Perhaps it only affects the "big" world map, not the Route Advisor or in-cab display?
I'm trying to find out, but I'm not having much luck. I saw that satellite map too, and a few others, but I'm not sure how they did it, and I don't know if it affects the in-truck GPS/route advisor. I imagine I just need to find where the .dds files are packed, and edit them to my liking.

I do want to make my own more detailed map eventually, which will include street names, one-way arrows, bridges, rivers, RR crossings, steep grades, speed limits, fuel prices, landmarks, small towns, and maybe arrows to companies outside of cities. Bushnell, that way --->

Right now I'm also trying to figure out how to add signs to the sides of roads in-game too, with the map editor. I want to add more of those company arrow signs. Like for Coastline Mining in Kayenta. They have an arrow sign for it, but it's only on the road that goes by it lol. You first have to find that road. There needs to be a sign in downtown Kayenta that points west, then 60 miles west there needs to be another one that points south. Then a few miles south you'll see the one that's already there pointing east to where Coastline is xD.
nautofon

#10 Post by nautofon » 11 Jul 2020 10:46

Is that realistic though, signing routes from the town center to all industries, wherever they may be? I have to say I doubt it. Driving directions fill that blank in my book.

The Coastline Mining in Kayenta doesn't have any just yet, but they should be quite easy to add. Let's see…

Return to “Game”