Mercedes Benz New Actros 2019 [Update 1.49/ 16.01.2024]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
ChiliBeef

Re: Mercedes Benz New Actros 2019 [Update 1.42/1.43 10.12.2021]

#2071 Post by ChiliBeef » 25 Apr 2022 23:59

BlueG6o wrote: 11 Apr 2022 20:27 I love this truck. Since I started playing ETS2 again, it was the first truck mod I‘ve installed and I‘m driving it nearly all the time. But, after some performance problems I‘ve realized that the biggest problem is the Actros.

Ok, I‘m running the game on Ultra settings with 400% SS, on a 49“ widescreen and head tracking. Also I‘m having nearly every mod installed which will cost FPS, like Brutal Weather and Traffic. But, nothing is so extreme than driving this truck.

With any original SCS truck, I got 70-60 FPS in Frankfurt with Good Weather. When I choose the Actros they drop from 60 to 40 sometimes. I‘ve disabled all other mods one by one and you recognize that every mod (especially the graphic mods) cost FPS, but the Actros is extreme.

It does not matter where I place it in Mod Manager, it pulls FPS down. So I‘ve decided to drive the SCS Actros in the near future, but want to ask if there will be any performance updates in the making for the next time?

Love your work and hope I can drive it again.
Sorry, but it was a bit difficult, and distracting, to understand what you were originally saying so I had to do some corrections in order to clean it up and make it more coherent. Now, you didn't mention what your current PC specs were in regards to the graphics card, the amount of RAM you have installed, and your CPU.
  • Also, what resolution are you playing at?
  • Does the FPS drop when you're driving with your lights on, only? If so, the best suggestion I can give is to go into your graphics settings in the game and uncheck "Secondary Vehicle Lights", if it is currently enabled. This option can cause FPS drops with certain trucks and how many lights are installed on it.
  • You could possibly turn down the 400% to 300% and wouldn't notice that big of a difference.
  • Have you tried driving this modded Actros bone-stock with no additional accessories on it? That might also help you figure out what part might be causing the issue. I've had to do that a few times with some trucks.
  • From what I've seen and heard from others is that some of those graphics mods can do more harm than good, tanking your system performance with the heavily detailed (read: poorly optimized) files inside them, or giving you a placebo effect that they're improving the visuals but they're just upping the saturation and sharpening levels. <-- Some users don't mind, but I've seen others complain about how it makes everything look gaudy during the day and pitch black at night (and the cost in performance wasn't worth it, either).
You can write almost any way you want, and you might make yourself understood.
But, if you don't use standard English properly, you would also help people understand that you aren't well educated.
ChiliBeef

#2072 Post by ChiliBeef » 26 Apr 2022 01:12

Just started to try this mod out and noticed some issues or peculiarities with the accessories:

1. Why isn't there the option to install side lights with the camera mirror trim while having normal mirrors equipped? Why only able to with the cameras?
2. Some of the skins do not carry over onto the Gigaspace's rear extenders correctly or at all.
3. The Side Indicator node is located in the middle of the truck's body, rather than with the indicators themselves.
4. When customizing the 8x4 chassis, the roof and side deflectors should be set to either not be available for selection, or actually remove the 8x4 chassis; right now, if I select any of the roof deflectors I will get the warning message saying that they're not compatible with the 8x4 chassis and ask if I want to remove the chassis. I select "Yes" but it does not actually remove the chassis.
5. It actually lists all the chassis as "Chassis Chassis" and then whatever config they are.
6. I have no idea what the "obu" is and what the different "Bosch axles" mean.
7. For some reason, the KelsaBars\BakBars do not show up on the truck nor have any icon pictures, and each model is listed twice. (I followed the instructions on how to prioritize each mod, unless I missed one tiny thing.)
8. One of the multimedia accessories is listed as Nivauregelung, while all the others are listed in English.

And, a glaring issue when first setting out in the truck:
9. The seat adjustment range is pretty poor if you want to use normal mirrors: move the seat all the way back and the side mirrors look very disproportioned as compared to the rest of the truck.
10. The FOV in the seat adjustment is too high, in my opinion, by default and adjusting it to a more vanilla-like range (Depending on the truck, for me it's between 68-74) just makes everything out of whack like you were in a House of Mirrors.
Exiting out of the seat adjustment menu resulted in the game crashing with a NONCONTINUABLE_EXCEPTION error.

And, the game.log.txt file listed the longest string of errors and warnings I've ever seen for one mod: 891. I am not joking. All were warnings for obsolete attributes. Then, there were a handful of errors regarding the UK interior not being in the right format and its configuration being broken. And, then followed by a lot more errors and warnings regarding not being able to locate pmd files for the Kesla bars and their configuration being broken.

It's a decent looking truck, but I feel it needs a lot more polish and QoL scrutiny.
You can write almost any way you want, and you might make yourself understood.
But, if you don't use standard English properly, you would also help people understand that you aren't well educated.
Cristiano de Alma

#2073 Post by Cristiano de Alma » 14 May 2022 12:52

Hey everybody! Did I miss anything?
I haven't played in a while and started ETS2 again today to find both BASE and DEF incompatible, and no entries here since 26th April... What's happening?
NemesysTrans

#2074 Post by NemesysTrans » 14 May 2022 15:10

You can probably edit the manifest files in both to add the current version so that will make them compatible. I don't fully understand why modders will make their mods for a specific version of ETS2. Yes, there are some major updates, like when the lighting or sound changes occurred but, most of the times, the new updates are very minor.

It's possible that this mod is not fully compatible but the reason why you get this message is because of the manifest file in the mod that specifically lists which versions of the game this mod is compatible with.
Bulldozer 1973

#2075 Post by Bulldozer 1973 » 14 May 2022 15:31

Quite simply, we all have a lot to do at the moment.

Real life comes first.

@ChiliBeef

As far as your questions and messages are concerned, you should read the main article again carefully.

The KelsaBar only work if you have installed the main mod of Obel from the Steamworkshop.

The same applies to Sebastian's Swapbody Chassi, which also only works if you have his mod active. Otherwise not.

OBU = Tollcollect "toll device

As far as the mirrors are concerned, the settings are from SCS and not from us, we have only made the model.

The same applies to the seat position, which is also from SCS.

We currently do not know when we will continue working on the New Actros 2019.

@NemesysTrans

From version 1.44
any mod truck downwards is no longer compatible.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Greetings,
Harald

---
Sorry for my bad english, i from germany. I use Translators deepl.com / google.de
---
I will not distribute a modified mods without permission from the original creator / author!
LoaderSaints

#2076 Post by LoaderSaints » 15 May 2022 07:12

@Harald-RS As far as I know truck mods made for game version 1.43 work just fine in 1.44 apart from some warnings of old animation model format in the gamelog. However, these warnings are not critical and do not cause any issues.
Bulldozer 1973

#2077 Post by Bulldozer 1973 » 15 May 2022 07:32

@LoaderSaints

As soon as you use the new part_types from SCS, they will no longer work under 1.44.
Greetings,
Harald

---
Sorry for my bad english, i from germany. I use Translators deepl.com / google.de
---
I will not distribute a modified mods without permission from the original creator / author!
MercDriver

#2078 Post by MercDriver » 15 May 2022 09:49

As always patience is a virtue. I'm sure Harald will fix the Actros to be compatible with 1.44 in time. I bet he has it fixed before Promods! and I am prepared to wait weeks for that.

The only extra compatibility i would like in the Actros is for the camera mirrors to work with True Mirror FOV ETS2 by Edward Steam workshop.
Cristiano de Alma

#2079 Post by Cristiano de Alma » 15 May 2022 11:31

@Harald-RS , I hear what you're saying. Real life comes first! This is why I hadn't played in a while.
Thanks again for your brilliant Mod, I appreciate how much work it must have been!
Bulldozer 1973

#2080 Post by Bulldozer 1973 » 15 May 2022 11:35

@MercDriver

I did not know this mod until now.

I tested it in the new version and I think it works without problems.

@All

But please remember that there is no official UK Interior from us.

The one inside is from a player who sent it to us and we just put it in.
Greetings,
Harald

---
---

Return to “Trucks”