Mercedes Benz New Actros 2019 [Update 1.49/ 16.01.2024]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
ChiliBeef

Re: Mercedes Benz New Actros 2019 [Update 1.42/1.43 10.12.2021]

#2081 Post by ChiliBeef » 15 May 2022 12:13

Harald-RS wrote: 14 May 2022 15:31 @ChiliBeef

As far as your questions and messages are concerned, you should read the main article again carefully.

The KelsaBar only work if you have installed the main mod of Obel from the Steamworkshop.

The same applies to Sebastian's Swapbody Chassi, which also only works if you have his mod active. Otherwise not.

OBU = Tollcollect "toll device

As far as the mirrors are concerned, the settings are from SCS and not from us, we have only made the model.

The same applies to the seat position, which is also from SCS.

We currently do not know when we will continue working on the New Actros 2019.
Yeah, no offense, but you should probably read the first post carefully, as well: nowhere in it does it say, "You need these .def files to go along with this truck mod, otherwise you will have some issues with such-and-such." It only says "Defs for Addons". That's not particularly specific for someone who is, or was, a newcomer to the mod section of these games and is not sure of how everything works and what is needed. I mean, for all someone knows, it could be interpreted as optional and there would be no repercussions if one didn't download and install it.

The first post is written in a way that those who are already familiar with the mod (and any others that veteran and seasoned users are familiar with) will understand it. For newcomers, quite possibly not so much. "Download Links" just lists some mods. Someone might read that as they have to download all of them.

There's quite a lot of ambiguity on that first page (and quite a lot of spelling, grammatical, and punctuation mistakes) that could use some rectifying and polish to make it more beginner friendly. And, it would prevent further confusion for others.
You can write almost any way you want, and you might make yourself understood.
But, if you don't use standard English properly, you would also help people understand that you aren't well educated.
zippe

#2082 Post by zippe » 15 May 2022 12:26

copied from first post------>Def's for Addons (You need original Mod)

my english is not the best but that tells me clearly that I need the original mods to get all working properly

you know that english is not the native language of all forum users?
You will find many spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, etc. in this forum, because many users do NOT speak English, so far this has not bothered anyone, this is not an spelling forum here :roll:
Bulldozer 1973

#2083 Post by Bulldozer 1973 » 15 May 2022 12:54

@zippe
German: Danke für deine Netten Worte, ich selbst spreche kein Englisch ist auch eine sehr schwere Sprache. Das ist meine persönliche Meinung.
English: Thank you for your kind words, I don't speak English myself, it is also a very difficult language. That is my personal opinion.

@ChiliBeef

German: Ich habe Sie überhaupt nicht beleidigt. Nur kommt es mir langsam so vor das niemand mehr sich alles erst mal durchliest bzw. die liesmich.txt Datei die in der SCS Datei mit drinnen ist.
English: I have not insulted you at all. It just seems to me that no one reads through everything or the readme.txt file that is included in the SCS file.
Greetings,
Harald

---
Sorry for my bad english, i from germany. I use Translators deepl.com / google.de
---
I will not distribute a modified mods without permission from the original creator / author!
ChiliBeef

#2084 Post by ChiliBeef » 15 May 2022 23:28

zippe wrote: 15 May 2022 12:26 copied from first post------>Def's for Addons (You need original Mod)

my english is not the best but that tells me clearly that I need the original mods to get all working properly
Ah, once again, another person who fails to understand constructive criticism, logical thought, and would rather find a way to make it seem it was an attack or insult, rather than keeping in mind that you cannot assume the tone of another with text.

Allow me to explain it in simpler terms for you: Anyone who provides something that evidently needs instructions should provide instructions in a way that are user-friendly and easy-to-follow for even someone who is a complete beginner to the game as a whole. This means that the end result will be a new player who will have no questions or confusion and will be able to enjoy the game (and the mod) much sooner and have a more positive outcome. This also includes people who may suffer from a mental disability and have a much harder time comprehending things. Usually, this line of thought comes from people who have something called empathy and understanding. Something you clearly do not possess. :)
zippe wrote: 15 May 2022 12:26 you know that english is not the native language of all forum users?
You will find many spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, etc. in this forum, because many users do NOT speak English, so far this has not bothered anyone, this is not an spelling forum here :roll:
Or, it has bothered others but they just moved on to something else. So, you cannot really claim it hasn't bothered anyone. If I wrote something wrong in another language, I would welcome the critique if someone pointed out my mistakes because I take pride in becoming better. I wouldn't act like a child and get defensive.

Your eyeroll tells me that you take corrections as insults, rather than an opportunity to learn and become better. Give it some thought, and your attitude might become better about it. The "this is a blah and blah" internet thing is such a lazy excuse and a cop-out. And, it further proves my point. So, stop rushing to defend someone else because of whatever reasons you may have. :mrgreen:

@Harald-RS I never once said you insulted me. However, when you said "read it again carefully", that's when I felt the need to point out that there were reasons for the confusion. However you want to take my critique is totally up to you, of course. I was pointing things out as a way of saying, "Hey, this could use some work. Here are my suggestions to help you, your product, and listing to become better."
You can write almost any way you want, and you might make yourself understood.
But, if you don't use standard English properly, you would also help people understand that you aren't well educated.
Bodenseefarmer

#2085 Post by Bodenseefarmer » 17 May 2022 07:15

Sorry guys, it makes really more sense to discuss requests or corrections for the next update here.
All other topics should be discussed via PM.

Regards
Chamal123+

#2086 Post by Chamal123+ » 19 May 2022 02:06

Hi.! I really love this Mod. Could you update this to work with 1.44, 8, please?
enxsclxpsu

#2087 Post by enxsclxpsu » 22 May 2022 09:30

i have a question do you can update the mod for 1.44 plss?
Nando CEV

#2088 Post by Nando CEV » 22 May 2022 14:55

Hello there @Wolli2017 I wanted to let you know that I have decided to create a TOP 10 free truck mods video on my channel and added yours, thank you for such awesome job! <3
[ external image ]
Intel Core i7-12700kf | AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX | 32” 4K + 34” 21:9 1440p | Thrustmaster TS-PC + Logitech G29 pedals + Thrustmaster TH8A with 18 speed knob

Return to “Trucks”