Mercedes Benz New Actros 2019 [Update 1.49/ 16.01.2024]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Jesther

Re: Mercedes Benz New Actros 2019 [Update 1.42/1.43 10.12.2021]

#1981 Post by Jesther » 01 Jan 2022 00:52

Hello.
First of all happy new year for everybody specially to the team that make this truck for us.

I come here with a simple question that would be great if the team can reply.

I was watching a series of trucking videos on youtube this days, and i notice something in the real MP5 Actros that this mod don`t have a i would love it to, because i felt more in-love with the truck since i discover this one.
The dashboard of this truck was never one of my favorites, i was never enthusiastic about a single gadge holding speedometter and the RPM, so i was very happy when i saw that the MP5 Actros can replace/re-create a more classic dashboard on its main screen;
The question i have is: Is it possible to the team to add this class dashboard as an option on the truck, can we have any hope to see that in the future of the mod?
Because the way SCS has made the new cascadia in ATS show me that they not bother with the fact that the truck can recreate 2 different types of cluster-gadges; they do only the main one call it a day, which is sad, but i hope the mod community can save ppl like me on this one.

Regardless of all, thank you so much for this wonderful truck, and all the work you guys have put into it since it got leaked and sold; Thank you for make it avaliable for us to use it.

And thank you for your time and consideration in reading (and i hope answering) this question.

One more time, Happy new year to you all.
Nick2332f

#1982 Post by Nick2332f » 01 Jan 2022 12:35

Jesther wrote: 01 Jan 2022 00:52 Hello.
First of all happy new year for everybody specially to the team that make this truck for us.

I come here with a simple question that would be great if the team can reply.

I was watching a series of trucking videos on youtube this days, and i notice something in the real MP5 Actros that this mod don`t have a i would love it to, because i felt more in-love with the truck since i discover this one.
The dashboard of this truck was never one of my favorites, i was never enthusiastic about a single gadge holding speedometter and the RPM, so i was very happy when i saw that the MP5 Actros can replace/re-create a more classic dashboard on its main screen;
The question i have is: Is it possible to the team to add this class dashboard as an option on the truck, can we have any hope to see that in the future of the mod?
Because the way SCS has made the new cascadia in ATS show me that they not bother with the fact that the truck can recreate 2 different types of cluster-gadges; they do only the main one call it a day, which is sad, but i hope the mod community can save ppl like me on this one.

Regardless of all, thank you so much for this wonderful truck, and all the work you guys have put into it since it got leaked and sold; Thank you for make it avaliable for us to use it.

And thank you for your time and consideration in reading (and i hope answering) this question.

One more time, Happy new year to you all.
I want that too, this dashboard is kinda weird.
ActrosMP3

#1983 Post by ActrosMP3 » 01 Jan 2022 18:00

The other version of the dashboard, the classic version, is not planned at the moment. To create gauges with that style is a lot of work for our member of our crew, who was made the dashboard for the last version. To add the Cascadia dashboard isn´t a good idea because there are some differences to the european Actros gauges.
Real Life Trucker with Actros 5 1840 StreamSpace
Member of ACTROS 5 CREW
Dribbly_Midget

#1984 Post by Dribbly_Midget » 02 Jan 2022 16:47

ActrosMP3 wrote: 01 Jan 2022 18:00 The other version of the dashboard, the classic version, is not planned at the moment. To create gauges with that style is a lot of work for our member of our crew, who was made the dashboard for the last version. To add the Cascadia dashboard isn´t a good idea because there are some differences to the european Actros gauges.
I don't mean to question intelligence or insult in any way, I'm just curious - would using the Cascadia dash not work out more beneficial, as it would save the bulk of the work in remaking the dials, animations within it, etc?
"The Jaggler"
PSU: BeQuiet! Straight Power 11 850W
MoBo: AsRock B550M Extreme-4 Steel Legend
RAM: 4x Corsair Vengeance LPX - 32GB @3600MHz
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra Gaming
xXCARL1992Xx

#1985 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 02 Jan 2022 16:49

there are no animations in it, it is a digital dashboard not a mechanical one and the Actros one has visual differences in it and different icon placements/forms
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Dribbly_Midget

#1986 Post by Dribbly_Midget » 02 Jan 2022 16:51

The animations, I mean the moving of needles and such - digital or not. As for placement, can these elements not be "moved" or changed somewhat to fit the Actros dash? That's more what I'm getting at. :)
"The Jaggler"
PSU: BeQuiet! Straight Power 11 850W
MoBo: AsRock B550M Extreme-4 Steel Legend
RAM: 4x Corsair Vengeance LPX - 32GB @3600MHz
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra Gaming
xXCARL1992Xx

#1987 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 02 Jan 2022 16:55

they already have a working dashboard, why should they scrap it and invest work to redo the Cascadia one now ?
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Aquaris

#1988 Post by Aquaris » 02 Jan 2022 17:25

Mainly for playability. Even though ets/ats can get voracious for resources (DDR especially) it's main focus is (or should be) the simulation and the more people/rigs are able to play your game, the better. After all this is 10 year old game: do you remember what your PC was like 10 years ago?. I realize that scs have a huge team developing the assets compare to the modders, but nevertheless why reinvent the wheel? But than again modders decide what and how they should proceed with their mods
ActrosMP3

#1989 Post by ActrosMP3 » 02 Jan 2022 17:32

Why we shout add the Cascadia Dashboard? There are a lot of differences to the Actros dashboard: For example: One big point - The cascadia had a mph tachograph, the Actros had an kmh tachograph. The Actros had to gauges for Diesel and AdBlue in the corner below - on the left side the Diesel gauge, on the right side the AdBlue gauge - the Cascadia had both gauges on the left side on the top of each other. The air gauge from the freightliner is in the same place like the Actros AdBlue gauge. It looks like that the Cascadia Gauges had all farenheit values, not dregree. Some gauges like the volt gauge, oil degree and boost pressure aren´t aviable on the real Actros - yes, I know, what gauges the real Actros had - I drive the Actros 5 with this Multimedia Dashboard every day. Other freightliner Cascadia displays like the trip data is on the other side of the display on the real Actros - so you see, there are a lot of differences from the Actros dashboard to the Cascadia Dashboard. We know, that the not have a lot of gauges at the moment at our dashboard and there are some differences to, but we had an kilometer tachograph, the gauges for diesel, AdBlue, speed and rpm work without problem - so there is the cascadia dashboard no option for us.
Real Life Trucker with Actros 5 1840 StreamSpace
Member of ACTROS 5 CREW
Franz Meersdonk

#1990 Post by Franz Meersdonk » 02 Jan 2022 18:04

Why in hell do people even want to have a dashboard from an other truck inside this truck in first place? This makes no sense to me! What comes next? People who want a Scania-Dashboard inside a MAN-Truck?

It is a Mercedes Actros and not a Cascadia. I play ETS to have a good amount of real simulation. When i start the engine of this truck i want to have the most matching dashboard that is possible and this truck does have a good dashboard. Sure it maybe could have some more gauges when compared to Scania, DAF or Volvo, but for me this is not a reason to replace it with a dashboard from an other manufacturer.

My 2 cents.

Return to “Trucks”