Montana Discussion Thread

wolfedg

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#1871 Post by wolfedg » 01 Jul 2022 15:23

I have a working theory about why SCS has been adding national parks to the game and it goes beyond just exploration and scenery. Several years back they mentioned significant progress working on an in-game feature that was going to take a lot of work to implement, and we haven't heard anything about it in quite a while. Yet I do see infrastructure in game seemingly designed to cater to this system as well as the viewpoint icons added to the game which could serve as destinations.

Spoiler perhaps??
Busses?
Last edited by wolfedg on 01 Jul 2022 15:27, edited 1 time in total.
Tristman

#1873 Post by Tristman » 01 Jul 2022 15:28

It's an interesting theory, and yes it would make sense with the inclusion of national parks and other scenic locations.
On the other hand, I have my doubts about this, because there are maybe 2 or 3 cities in the entire game that would be appealing to drive a bus through.
Coupled with the complete lack of bus stations, and I'm not sure there's room for those in many locations either.

So personally, I don't think buses are nearing closer, but SCS has hinted at some kind of big surprise in the works. Hopefully it will be a nice surprise. :D
flight50

#1874 Post by flight50 » 01 Jul 2022 15:30

rbsanford wrote: 01 Jul 2022 13:41 I don't know, SCS kind of spelled it out there. "7,12,1,3,9,5,18" means "Glacier," while "Gameplay" would be "7,1,13,5,16,12,1,25."

On the other hand, the simple gematria of "Glacier" equals 55, which is also the reverse full reduction gematria of "Wisconsin," so maybe Wisconsin will be confirmed too.
Ahhhhh. See that's something I don't know about. Suppose you are right. I don't know code. Still my words stand with AP101 though. I'd never take what he says without a grain of salt.

As I said before though, Glacier and YS are the 2 blogs I anticipate the most. I've been thinking this ever since that microsite showed up. I hope this blog is this weekend. I will admit if this road makes it but US-20 doesn't that would be bad. US-20 should be more priority than this road. Going to the Sun will be beautiful I am sure but logistics while, US-20 makes more since.
Last edited by flight50 on 01 Jul 2022 15:42, edited 3 times in total.
wolfedg

#1875 Post by wolfedg » 01 Jul 2022 15:31

halbtollekreatur wrote: 01 Jul 2022 15:27 This one? ...
That is part of it, but there was certainly more said about it.
Tristman wrote: 01 Jul 2022 15:28 ...
Coupled with the complete lack of bus stations,...
There are actually some in game. I even came across a decent sized depot somewhere, can't remember where. Bus stops might not be needed if its just for cross country applications, just the depots.
Trucker Nik

#1876 Post by Trucker Nik » 01 Jul 2022 15:50

I have a feeling that a blog about the Glancier National Park will be received over the weekend, a tweet from scs with the content of the letter WKND=weekend ;)
Shiva

#1877 Post by Shiva » 01 Jul 2022 16:01

Yep, sometime in the weekend, the blog post.

Regarding the for now missing part of US-20? I think it should be easier to do that Going to the Sun road, or even Yellowstone.
I could be wrong tho.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#1878 Post by flight50 » 01 Jul 2022 16:19

I am trying to find ways to justify Going to the Sun. I can't other than beauty. Should it be there? Sure add it but at the expense of others roads that serve more purpose, its debatable. People asked for it so it got added. That's a tourist move. Beartooth can be justified better. Billings to Idaho Falls but that includes US-20 as the most direct route. Even Jackson to Billings can be justified with Beartooth.

But Going to the Sun would need St. Mary and Browning to be relevant and I doubt they are marked or get remote depots. They are too far out from anything reasonably marked. Best way to justify Going to the Sun is go ahead and mark Browning and add a remote depot to St. Mary. Browning could be 2-3 depot town. Not much there. St. Mary could add a Tidbit or Eddy's but that it. I agree that Going to the Sun doesn't offer a short cut like Rocky Mountain National Park now Yosemite without a delivery point involved.

I have zero issue with Going to the Sun but when a road like US-20 takes a back seat when a mapper that does Going to the Sun, could have done US-20 day one Montana releases first....then Going to the Sun after release, I'd have to scratch my head. But at this point, its not 100% confirmed if US-20 is not in. We need to see the game map.
SouthernMan

#1879 Post by SouthernMan » 01 Jul 2022 16:19

wolfedg wrote: 01 Jul 2022 15:23 I have a working theory about why SCS has been adding national parks to the game and it goes beyond just exploration and scenery. Several years back they mentioned significant progress working on an in-game feature that was going to take a lot of work to implement, and we haven't heard anything about it in quite a while. Yet I do see infrastructure in game seemingly designed to cater to this system as well as the viewpoint icons added to the game which could serve as destinations.

Spoiler perhaps??
Busses?
I must say this makes sense.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
rbsanford

#1880 Post by rbsanford » 01 Jul 2022 17:02

I could have sworn there was at least one incident where a road we suspected leading to a DLC state appeared to be left out in the compatability update, only for it to end up appearing in the DLC. Hopefully that's the case for US 20.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.

Return to “General discussion about the game”