Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#681 Post by Louno Trucker » 13 Jan 2022 17:46

big news, there will be more industries :D
TruckSim lover since 2017

I use DeepL Translator
Tristman

#682 Post by Tristman » 13 Jan 2022 17:48

This is a great start to 2022, combined with the industries we know are coming for Texas there is a lot to be excited for.
I think recycling especially is a really cool industry to open up, since the possibilities are endless and it's rapidly expanding irl as well.
The landscape supplies industry I assume will bring us some of the cargo that ETS already gets, like the trees that were introduced for Iberia.
Jatruck

#683 Post by Jatruck » 13 Jan 2022 18:12

You will realize how important these areas are for the local economy while driving on the US-2 highway, which is surrounded solely by fields for several miles.
They are mentioning US-2 highway ... so could take the opportunity and continue that road in Idaho/Washington: Sandpoint-Colville route (US-2 + WA-20) ... :D ;)
fra_ba

#684 Post by fra_ba » 13 Jan 2022 18:14

fra_ba wrote: 05 Jul 2021 14:22 Yeah I just edited the list, forgot to mention the big one! on east the 13 you mentioned would work as the most eastern road between Sidney and Culbertson. Sidney has a sugar factory so we could see sugar with Montana maybe?
Yes! We could!
Wow! Such a nice blog and long list of new industries. Regarding the sugar factories, beside Sidney, there is one in Billings. And about talc factory, from google search I found three mills. One south of Dillon just off of the I-15, one in Three forks and the last one near Jefferson river south of Three forks. Since the blog mentioned a couple of such plants, I think we probably see the first and last one. Oh! Great Falls airport also was a surprise! I like it
flight50

#685 Post by flight50 » 13 Jan 2022 18:20

Sandpoint to Kalispell is a must. What we all hope is that we can also get into Idaho with US-2. That should have happened with the Idaho dlc though.

For landscaping, I hope SCS goes well beyond just trees. This is what I posted for landscaping. viewtopic.php?p=1091907#p1091907.

For the Electric company, maybe we get some of this. viewtopic.php?p=1257001#p1257001

Waste, I mentioned recycling a few times around here as that will be a great add. Use up some of those XXXX barriers and bamm. Montana bring it. The same things I mentioned, is the same SCS mentioned. Glass, plastics and paper. I think aluminum needs to be added to that list though. Plastic.....I wonder if we can get that from a chemical plant with Texas. Texas has chemical plants and oil facilities all along the Gulf Coast. We can haul resins with tankers.

Dumpers are making a lot of sense now. I like what Montana is bringing and then of course whatever we get with Texas.

Silane gas. This is awesome. I looked up images for transporting it and these are the trailers that transports it. https://www.google.com/search?q=silane+ ... 59&bih=791. I've been wanting this trailer for ever. So unique. Texas can bring gas/oil tankers but Montana should bring these multi tube trailers. I think Helium is transported with these too. This trailer opens the doors for lots of other gases. For sugar, carbon dioxide was mentioned. This trailer could haul that too. Any compressed gas can use these or the single large trailer tanker for that matter.
Last edited by flight50 on 13 Jan 2022 18:53, edited 3 times in total.
Brendan0620

#686 Post by Brendan0620 » 13 Jan 2022 18:48

To be honest, I didn't have that much expectations with Montana in the beginning but WOW. A lot of new industries! I am very stoked!

That makes me question, will be get a similar blog for Texas on industries? Hopefully!

2022 is (hopefully) going to be a massive year for SCS Software!
[ external image ]
Intel Core i7 13700F -> MSI GeForce RTX 4060TI 16GB -> 32GB RAM -> Y40 Case
What is your Favorite Interstate in American Truck Simulator?
J.Random

#687 Post by J.Random » 13 Jan 2022 18:58

The very first shot is a bullshot, I'm sure. There will be no loading or unloading spot there. Hoppers and dumpers will be loaded/unloaded through the dock doors. :D
flight50

#688 Post by flight50 » 13 Jan 2022 19:01

We got a portion of industry with a Texas blog. It was landmarks/prefabs. But Texas really needs an official industry blog. In regards to Montana, ever state has something offer. Its a matter of will SCS map to that industry. Eventually ATS will absorb all the industries it can. At that point, its about making them deeper and more connected. I never doubted Montana's potential though. Industries just have to be planned accordingly and SCS has to want to implement it. Maybe that ball is rolling. Maybe our voice is being heard and SCS is responding. Its info like this, is why I don't mind defending SCS. I'll call them out when needed but when feedback comes and we see results, how can you not be hopeful for the future.

There are many things to still come. Many features/updates no happening upsets some people. Not everything will come at once. Different priorities. But at the end of the day, the point of the game is to transport cargo from industry from point A to B. We need a consistent flow of companies to pull this off. New ICCs with every dlc should always be the plan. Avoid too much of the same with diversity.
parasaurolophus67

#689 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 13 Jan 2022 19:12

idk... This might be a too good to be true thing. I mean we could get new companies yes, tho very limited cargo and trailers (like two or one of each). so idk for now.
Tristman

#690 Post by Tristman » 13 Jan 2022 19:25

I wouldn’t expect any of the newly announced industries or companies to have tons of new cargoes from the get-go, but it does lay a foundation that SCS can build on and expand.

Return to “General discussion about the game”