Montana Discussion Thread

oldmanclippy

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#3701 Post by oldmanclippy » 10 Aug 2022 13:33

Shiva wrote: 10 Aug 2022 12:49 Btw, there is less noise about US-20 missing, than I thought there would be.
I got distracted by I-94 :P US-20 definitely still needs to come, like I said US-191 south of Bozeman is invalidated by its absence. It'd be a shame to see such a good (legal) road be so unused because they didn't finish the job by connecting it to Idaho Falls.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Tristman

#3702 Post by Tristman » 10 Aug 2022 13:43

That spur of US-287 with the viewpoint and two NAMIQ locations is also really good. But its accessibility is awful because US-20 is missing.
nautofon

#3703 Post by nautofon » 10 Aug 2022 14:19

Shiva wrote: 10 Aug 2022 12:49Btw, there is less noise about US-20 missing, than I thought there would be.
Welp. Montana is big, and I haven't had a chance to take a load yet for which US 20 would have been an option. I had planned to hold off on making another comment on US 20 until after that.

But since you mention it: US 20 being missing is completely ridiculous. During the whole hubbub about Yellowstone/US 14/Cody last year, it was always understood that the ONE legal truck road THROUGH Yellowstone would make the game as a matter of course; that it would only be delayed until the Montana DLC because it wouldn't make sense without it. Fine. But now half of it is missing entirely? Seriously?

I can only assume that US 20 WILL come in a future update, that they just needed to push Montana out the door early for marketing reasons or whatnot. But at this point, I'm not too confident that this assumption is in fact correct. As has been pointed out, SCS appears to have completely misunderstood what the Yellowstone ruckus last year was all about.
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD
oldmanclippy

#3704 Post by oldmanclippy » 10 Aug 2022 14:40

nautofon wrote: 10 Aug 2022 14:19 Welp. Montana is big, and I haven't had a chance to take a load yet for which US 20 would have been an option. I had planned to hold off on making another comment on US 20 until after that.

But since you mention it: US 20 being missing is completely ridiculous. During the whole hubbub about Yellowstone/US 14/Cody last year, it was always understood that the ONE legal truck road THROUGH Yellowstone would make the game as a matter of course; that it would only be delayed until the Montana DLC because it wouldn't make sense without it. Fine. But now half of it is missing entirely? Seriously?

I can only assume that US 20 WILL come in a future update, that they just needed to push Montana out the door early for marketing reasons or whatnot. But at this point, I'm not too confident that this assumption is in fact correct. As has been pointed out, SCS appears to have completely misunderstood what the Yellowstone ruckus last year was all about.
Just to clarify since I've seen a lot of confusion on this topic:

The missing segment of US-20 does not go through Yellowstone *at all*. The segment of US-191 that is north of the junction with US-20 at the town named West Yellowstone, does briefly enter the boundaries of the park for a brief moment (this is the only reason I can claim that I have been to Yellowstone IRL :lol:). But there is no entrance station because you can't exit this part of US-191 into the park, so imagine that it just is an expressway through the park and you get the idea. As far as I can tell, SCS did not explicitly map this part of the road anyways. So the whole reason why this omission is so silly, is that they included other roads through the park that are illegal to truck, while the one legal road that technically goes through the park (US-191 north of West Yellowstone) is left unsupported by the legal road US-20.

Green roads we have in-game, red is the missing part of US-20, and the blue borders are roughly where the Yellowstone National Park borders are. The red segment of US-20 is 100% legal for trucks, as is the part of US-191 that goes briefly through the park north of the US-287 turnoff. The part of US-191 east of West Yellowstone is illegal for trucks without a special permit to service the park. We do not have a job in-game that would allow us to enter the park from the West Entrance, we only have one that would allow us to enter the park from the South Entrance:

[ external image ]
Double M

#3705 Post by Double M » 10 Aug 2022 14:44

I just wanted to say that I haven't fully explored Montana yet, but from what I've seen so far, I'm loving it. I knew it was going to be a good dlc, that didn't deny it, but in the end it exceeded my expectations. If two months ago they had told me that they were going to release it in August, I would not have believed it. I thought it was going to arrive in October. For me it has been a very pleasant surprise to be able to enjoy this dlc so soon.

My congratulations to the team that has developed and made it possible for this dlc to become a reality.
Dirtyred01

#3706 Post by Dirtyred01 » 10 Aug 2022 15:01

Can anyone tell me if steam and geforce now are syncing with montana yet?
nautofon

#3707 Post by nautofon » 10 Aug 2022 15:24

@oldmanclippy Yes, that's the situation that I tried to refer to in my little rant. Thank you for the clarification! :)
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD
Trucker Nik

#3708 Post by Trucker Nik » 10 Aug 2022 16:12

I finished exploring Montana yesterday, I already have all the roads (in Montana) yellow, but I didn't notice the truck washes at all :lol: :lol:
xDope

#3709 Post by xDope » 10 Aug 2022 16:59

@Virtual Trucker 51 I've seen one at a weigh station
If it is stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.
oldmanclippy

#3710 Post by oldmanclippy » 10 Aug 2022 17:29

There's one in the east part of Helena off of US-12.

Return to “General discussion about the game”