Montana Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#3591 Post by flight50 » 07 Aug 2022 18:09

Freight Market actually gives you the most load options. I rarely use owned trailers. ATS is missing way to much cargo for me so I only go to them on occasions. I like variety more than anything. You don't have to use owned trailers for the event, that's optional.
Tristman wrote: 07 Aug 2022 18:06 Sounds like it didn’t register Montana on your WoT profile. I’m not sure why it otherwise wouldn’t give you jobs into Montana. Normally when you install a new DLC, the game will tell you after starting up or entering your profile that you need to add the new DLC to your WoT, which is just clicking a button. Maybe for some reason it didn’t ask you, or you forgot to register it?
That's what I told the poster the other day but I don't think they understood or cared to read what I said. So I stopped trying to help.
Tristman

#3592 Post by Tristman » 07 Aug 2022 18:17

Maybe they just missed it, I find myself missing posts every now and then when the forums are busy.
LeGod7

#3593 Post by LeGod7 » 07 Aug 2022 18:47

I've still only explored a small portion of Montana but can already say it has leapfrogged Colorado as my favourite DLC! The vibe on I-90 is great and the cities I've seen so far are really nice, I especially like the Kalispell area. Montana just feels alive and like a real place. Looking forward to discovering the central and northern parts of the map but really enjoying it so far, nice job SCS!
SuchManor

#3594 Post by SuchManor » 07 Aug 2022 19:26

I'm glad to see an improvement of less physically blocked off parking lots/roads in Montana. It is drastic in the feel of how much more open it is, especially in the more dense areas. However, there are still some very questionable areas in the downtown parts of Great Falls, Billings, Bozeman, and Helena where there are gates at hotel and bank parking lots for some reason, among other things. Most of the time businesses like that just aren't going to have gates at all. If a parking lot needs to be blocked off for some reason (I don't see why there should be any physical blocker at all, gates included), then at least use XXX barriers so that they can be disabled by the user please.

I drove up to Montana through Gillette, WY and my god I was about to lose my mind seeing quite literally every single parking lot (FULL of cars) blocked off by a barricade.

I hope there will still be an improvement in this aspect when Texas releases and into the future.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
thefirstgenesis

#3595 Post by thefirstgenesis » 07 Aug 2022 19:45

oldmanclippy wrote: 07 Aug 2022 03:55 In case anyone is curious, the tallest building in Montana is not the very prominent black "Billings Hotel" i.e. the DoubleTree, it's the concrete First Interstate Center to the west of it. Not only is it the tallest building in Montana, it's the tallest building in Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, North Dakota, or South Dakota.
Speaking about the First Interstate Center, what do you guys think about the representation of this important building in ATS? In my humble opinion, it looks a little undeveloped. I know I am nitpicking on how buildings are represented in the game, but I felt that the details of the tallest building in Montana could be enhanced a little bit as shown in the picture below.
First Interstate Center.png
First Interstate Center.png (158.04 KiB) Viewed 608 times
First Interstate Center in reality
First Interstate Center ATS.png
First Interstate Center ATS.png (111.66 KiB) Viewed 608 times
First Interstate Center in ATS

Talking about buildings, I found that the game is missing a couple of its iconic buildings in Missoula like the Millennium Building, Wilma Building, and the First Interstate Bank Building. However, if you secretly drive past the X barriers and towards the Clark Fork River, you will notice some undeveloped stuff and open space in that general area. Maybe perhaps SCS may add these buildings in a future rework?

After all, this is American Truck Simulator, not SimCity, so I shouldn’t be complaining too much about buildings in the cities. I am likely to think that there will be modifications and reworks to Montana many many years from now. There is always room to improve, but so far, I am delighted that we are able to finally play the state of Montana in the game.
Graf_Boinenn

#3596 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 07 Aug 2022 20:14

So far, really loving the DLC.But WoT market for owned trailers really sucks. I had to leave my trailer in the HQ and use the freight market to have more places and visit the cities I need/want.

Aksi, awesome to do it in the new 57X.

Great job and kudos for those involved in this project!
BuddyE

#3597 Post by BuddyE » 07 Aug 2022 20:28

I know that most probably knew that already, but i never realized that.
This state is huge. I just did a delivery from Sandpoint to Sidney. WoT contract, so 65mph max.
Took me about 1 1/4 hour with a little break.

Looking forward to do a full I-90 run soon. That will take some time.
Tim-HH

#3598 Post by Tim-HH » 07 Aug 2022 20:56

SchleichDi wrote: 07 Aug 2022 15:41Also, luck-based achievements suck. Refreshing the job market dozens of times in the hopes of getting the stuff you need is not fun whatsoever.
I can only agree with that! While I enjoy to complete the achievements, the constant search for these jobs is just annoying. What's the point of making them so rare? I played approx. 15 hours over the weekend and haven't found a single "Circuit Breaker" or "Utility Poles" cargo to one of the three relevant cities. It would be great if SCS could increase the spawn rate for these jobs. Other than that Montana is just spectacular.
flight50

#3599 Post by flight50 » 07 Aug 2022 20:58

ATS is a lot more fun when you don't try to rush things. I like cruising at 55-60 for new map dlc's. I play with TrackIR so I'm always looking left and right to see all the scenery. I like WoT contracts for his purpose when I want time to see in the daylight.
killingjoke28336

#3600 Post by killingjoke28336 » 07 Aug 2022 22:00

Anyone got a favourite route already? I can't decide, the I-15 to Idaho Falls is really cool and seems so desolate, same goes for the 59 Miles City to Gilette, love those.

Return to “General discussion about the game”