Montana Discussion Thread

Optional Features

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#1951 Post by Optional Features » 03 Jul 2022 21:46

I was expecting to be disappointed by the height of the backdrop mountains (based on several previous dlcs), but this is proper. Kudos.

[ external image ]
SouthernMan

#1952 Post by SouthernMan » 03 Jul 2022 21:54

I don't want to be a toady, but I really agree! lol The mountains really look big and tall. Looks like things are getting better :D
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
Optional Features

#1953 Post by Optional Features » 03 Jul 2022 22:03

SouthernMan wrote: 03 Jul 2022 21:54 I don't want to be a toady, but I really agree! lol The mountains really look big and tall. Looks like things are getting better :D
These are Colorado level, and maybe a bit better. I like it!

Maybe this team can go back and fix Northern Cali lol.
SouthernMan

#1954 Post by SouthernMan » 03 Jul 2022 22:13

@seriousmods It sure is even better than Colorado. I must say that I'm surprised by these latest map edits from the ATS team.

About Cali: Although I think the SCS editions in cali are cool, and that I also think it's junior editors who did this job, the only things that bother me are the mountains so low. Anyway, I don't believe in the possibility of them redoing this lol
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
Optional Features

#1955 Post by Optional Features » 03 Jul 2022 22:21

SouthernMan wrote: 03 Jul 2022 22:13 @seriousmods It sure is even better than Colorado. I must say that I'm surprised by these latest map edits from the ATS team.

About Cali: Although I think the SCS editions in cali are cool, and that I also think it's junior editors who did this job, the only things that bother me are the mountains so low. Anyway, I don't believe in the possibility of them redoing this lol
Yeah, I'm sure the city rebuilds will be nice.
Mooner_37

#1956 Post by Mooner_37 » 03 Jul 2022 22:25

St Mary will be the most northern place in Montane close to the border of Canada?
Current Headquarters: Liège, Berlin, L.A. Luxemburg, Seattle
Current Trucks: ETS2: 15 ATS: 2
Driving Truck: ETS2: DAF XF ATS: Peterbilt 579
Current Mileage: ETS2: 462,317 km (287,270 miles) - ATS: 384,392 km (238,850 miles)
Level: ETS2: 65 - ATS: 55
SouthernMan

#1957 Post by SouthernMan » 03 Jul 2022 22:28

@Mooner_37 I'm not 100% sure, but I think so. Considering the scale, I think so.
clifflandmark

#1958 Post by clifflandmark » 03 Jul 2022 22:29

Gorgeous! As a fan of natural sceneries, these pictures are more than I expected. I also like the history blog of area.I wonder when it will be released.cant wait to explore all these roads the day it released.

Edit : Frankly, in the first days when the discussion of MT was brought up, I thought that especially the northwest MT, areas close to Glacier NP would be ignored despite our requests because these roads are in a narrow area and the industry is limited. I would be sorry if SCS hadn't built these places, but I wouldn't be offended by SCS.The team that made MT won my admiration because they did more than they should.Although I do not know how it was made after Great Falls, I can say for myself that MT has a full content.SCS is able to make up for all the time it's been quiet with such surprises. That's nice.
Last edited by clifflandmark on 03 Jul 2022 22:58, edited 1 time in total.
SouthernMan

#1959 Post by SouthernMan » 03 Jul 2022 22:39

@clifflandmark Definitely, yeah. about natural sceneries in SCS games, this place is the most beautiful for me though. :D
rbsanford

#1960 Post by rbsanford » 04 Jul 2022 00:56

@clifflandmark, yeah, I thought the most we'd get of Glacier was Marias Pass and the towns of West Glacier and East Glacier Park Village. People would talk about how great it would be to have Going to the Sun, and I always thought it would never happen, because of space issues, the fact that trucks wouldn't use it, and its obscurity compared to more famous similar roads, like the Million Dollar Highway and Trail Ridge Road. It really has been looking like SCS went above and beyond with Montana, as usual, IMO; every state DLC has had some scenic places I didn't expect to see given such attention in the game, like Garden of the Gods, Wind River Lake, Mt. St. Helens, etc. This blog post will be a tough act for the next MT post to follow; hopefully it'll be the Yellowstone post (fitting to have one park follow the other), and I'm still hoping for the Beartooth Highway, but even if we don't get that, at least my scenic road fix will be satisfied with Going to the Sun.

I don't think these mountains are Colorado-level; these are Montana-level, setting a new paradigm for ATS mountains. To be fair, though, the Lewises of Glacier are definitely some of the most beautiful and dramatic mountains of the West, and few ranges in the region come close (the San Juans of Colorado are somewhat similar, but not as crazy). I guess the mountains have the same technical quality they've had since Utah introduced the new rock tools, it's just that these mountains are like nothing else in the West IRL, so the artistic quality is off the charts, and they've really been done justice, IMO.

By the way, I like the mountain goats. Those are pretty iconic to the Northern Rockies, so it's good to see them.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.

Return to “General discussion about the game”