Montana Discussion Thread

killingjoke28336

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#3821 Post by killingjoke28336 » 18 Aug 2022 18:47

Better luck next time for you then.
gaillard

#3822 Post by gaillard » 18 Aug 2022 18:52

I think we all have to agree, some parts of highways in Montana feel like WIP, unfinished. Or done by inexperienced mapper.
All in all I would say 5%. Separated highways.
With good parts around cities. But yeah some places feel like rushed.

Definitely better yet than old Cali/Nevada quality.

To me, overall, MT is still the best ATS map ever.
flight50

#3823 Post by flight50 » 18 Aug 2022 21:01

Eastern Colorado, Wyoming and Montana is not exactly a glimpse which is why I mention.....the rest of the great planes. Kansas, Nebraska, the Dakotas and even Iowa is a different type of landscape than was in the West. West to East iwe are coming off mountains and foothills. So you get rolling hills before you hit the much flatter lands. Its those flatter lands I speak of that you may not be pleased with. The sure mass of open space for miles on end.

I can name a few other dlc's than are not as good as Montana though. I like to consider the incorporated encomy, signage, bugs, elevations, road sweeps, road density, city detailing, new ICC's and vibe overall. Many factors to consider. We all have our own opinions though. It is what it is. But the masses are content with what we got.
Trakaplex

#3824 Post by Trakaplex » 18 Aug 2022 21:30

flight50 wrote: 18 Aug 2022 21:01 Eastern Colorado, Wyoming and Montana is not exactly a glimpse which is why I mention.....the rest of the great planes. Kansas, Nebraska, the Dakotas and even Iowa is a different type of landscape than was in the West. West to East iwe are coming off mountains and foothills. So you get rolling hills before you hit the much flatter lands. Its those flatter lands I speak of that you may not be pleased with. The sure mass of open space for miles on end.

I can name a few other dlc's than are not as good as Montana though. I like to consider the incorporated encomy, signage, bugs, elevations, road sweeps, road density, city detailing, new ICC's and vibe overall. Many factors to consider. We all have our own opinions though. It is what it is. But the masses are content with what we got.
The flatter the land, the more roads they will add. That's the nature of the game. And honestly, more straight roads. That's the reason why they cut of highways in these recent states, because of either lack of space or preferring scenery. So I think the Dakotas will have a dense road network about what we may see with Texas. Exception is the Black Hills obviously. If we get US-16, I think SD-244 would make it as well and the Iron Mountain road.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
angrybirdseller

#3825 Post by angrybirdseller » 19 Aug 2022 06:34

Iowa very hilly east of Omaha to almost Des Moines its rolling hills of farm fields. Your truck will be climbing up hills even in Iowa. For example, Minnesota I-35 from Cloquet to Duluth there massive hill to climb into downtown Duluth.

There alot misconceptions about midwest. It's not all flat at all. Yes, some parts are flat but alot of it is not.
Seerman

#3826 Post by Seerman » 19 Aug 2022 06:43

Unfortunately, the eastern part of Montana turned out to be without the endless prairie that everyone was waiting for. I hope the Midwest will reveal this side to us.
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#3827 Post by harishw8r » 19 Aug 2022 07:55

I guess they intentionally reserved all of that for the midwest. Not too bad of a decision I’d say, though it’s peeving.
Tristman

#3828 Post by Tristman » 19 Aug 2022 07:58

What, there’s not enough plains in eastern Montana? :)
I think I had my fill already.
flight50

#3829 Post by flight50 » 19 Aug 2022 12:34

^I think its the flatter plains people are expecting. At 1:20 scale, its no telling which segments of road SCS depicts.
oldmanclippy

#3830 Post by oldmanclippy » 19 Aug 2022 15:38

Parts of Montana are so good that they elevate ATS as a whole, parts are still among the best parts of ATS, parts are solid, parts are clearly rushed, parts are missing, and a couple parts are really quite disappointing. It's the most uneven DLC they've released since Oregon for sure. But that's an issue I have with the planning of it, not the mappers. Mappers shouldn't be blamed because they were rushed. That's the map lead and/or the people above the map lead. Overall I still like Montana quite a lot. I don't think it's as good as Wyoming or Colorado overall but parts of it are better. What I do know is that this team needs to be given the proper amount of time and resources going forward. They clearly have a lot of talent and new energy to bring to ATS. Wyoming and Montana are great debuts for this team considering that they weren't given what they needed to succeed by leadership. But going forward this kind of incidental sabotage can't continue. Oklahoma and future states need the proper resources. I hope that Wyoming was just an underestimation and that Montana was just making up revenue from Heart of Russia, but I'd like these to be the sole exceptions, not a pattern going forward. Each DLC team needs to be given proper resources. We can't have two classes of DLCs, with Washington, Colorado, and Texas being given proper resources, while Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana are gimped from the start. That's going to lead to an uneven map over time if it continues.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri

Return to “General discussion about the game”