Montana Discussion Thread

Quark

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#4001 Post by Quark » 18 Sep 2022 13:08

Yeah US-12 especially from Helena to US-87 i had in mind. Remaining sections maybe not that important. Regarding MT-200. Here i meant only the section from Missoula to Great Falls. But what do you mean exactly with "best possibility in eastern side of the state", Shiva? What would be the issue with that mentioned section? I can vaguely remember you had written something about that some weeks ago but unfortunately forgot what it was exactly. And also, as far as i can see, most of that road in the eastern part is already in the game though and the remaining missing part is just a relatively short and much less relevant connection to Sidney after the branching off of 200S.
oldmanclippy

#4002 Post by oldmanclippy » 18 Sep 2022 13:09

I agree with @Quark in that I’m OK with Salmon feeling more remote. Midsized cities like Idaho Falls and Bozeman need to feel well connected because of their importance so US-20 was very necessary, but small towns like Salmon I think can get away with being a bit less connected. It does benefit the map as a whole to have some parts well connected and some parts less connected, brings diversity to the feeling of each place and allows big cities’ high connectivity to feel special. So MT-43 I can definitely live without. Missoula and Helena on the other hand could really benefit from a more direct connection so I do hope that MT-200 or US-12 could make it someday. Not as urgent as US-20 but I’d like to see the rework team add one of those roads once they’re done with the base map for sure.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#4003 Post by flight50 » 18 Sep 2022 14:14

I'm think well ahead for MT-43. I've mentioned a few times in the past well before Montana even released, its what's in the future that matters. Its not about just Montana though. There are more states coming that can have a bigger impact on Salmon. Shiva gave us a great solution honestly. I never saw MT-287. The Port of Montana completely blocks MT-43 in its entirety but the route doesn't have to be completely canceled either. Its low priority but its in the same boat as no US-2 to WA-20. Spokane to Coleville is possible now but there is a more direct route and should be totally possible.

Anything coming in from the East off US-2, I-90 or I-94 now and in the future gives us a better route to Salmon with MT-43/MT-287. I gave a list awhile back on possible point A to point B but lets try it again. Lets see how much MT-43/MT-287 helps when thinking about the future:
  • Salmon to Butte
  • Salmon to Helena
  • Salmon to Great Fallas
  • Salmon to Harve
  • Salmon to Lewistown
  • Salmon to Glasgow
  • Salmon to Sidney
  • Salmon to Miles City
  • Salmon to Glendive
  • Salmon to Billings
  • Salmon to Laurel
  • Salmon to Bozeman
  • Salmon to Cody
  • Salmon to Sheridan
  • Salmon to Gillette
That is every city in Montana except Thompsons Falls, Kalispell and Missoula. Possibles in the future: Spearfish, Rapid City, Sioux Falls (anywhere else in South Dakota), Fargo, Williston (anywhere else in North Dakota), Minneapolis (anywhere else in Minnesota), Milwaukee, Green Bay (anywhere else in Wisconsin). Pretty much if you take I-90 or I-94 you will go West and pass thru Butte no matter what. Take I-15 South to MT-287. Now if you come in from I-80 or anything South of it, you can access Salmon via I-15 still to MT-287 or you can take I-15 to US-93. So Salmon is still somewhat remote just like Jackpot but that doesn't mean SCS can't make a more direct route either. It can stay low priority for now but in the future, the options to get to Salmon will multiply with every city coming along I-90 and I-94. That even includes accessing I-90 to Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Boston. So yes MT-43 benefits. Its better to have it than not to have it instead of treating Salmon like its a detour route.
halbtollekreatur

#4004 Post by halbtollekreatur » 18 Sep 2022 14:16

[ external image ]
I wonder if we get ID-87 from the junction in the pic towards US-287 to Ennis?! There are no XXX visible in the pic and there a buildings and a lake (Henry's Lake?) in the background.
SuchManor

#4005 Post by SuchManor » 18 Sep 2022 17:35

That US 20 sign is supposed to have an ID 87 sign with it.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
halbtollekreatur

#4006 Post by halbtollekreatur » 18 Sep 2022 17:44

Good point. This could be an indication that speaks against my thesis.
Quark

#4007 Post by Quark » 18 Sep 2022 19:58

Yeah i very much doubt it. Also, isn't it quite common for them to hide the xxx barriers in these kind of pictures? I really don't think that you simply can draw any conclusions from it.

@flight50 well, you have a point and i see what you mean but i still think this wouldn't change much. What you would save in terms of distance... From Butte to Salmon via MT43/287 is about 200 miles compared to 250 miles via US-93. 50 miles is a good bunch, granted, but seen in ingame scale not the biggest of all concerns and especially when you come from further away like the Dakota's or even Chicago this little "detour" really shouldn't be that of a big deal anymore. Of course, i'm not against the addition of this road i'm not saying there would be no benefit in it whatsoever. Its just that if it can be low priority now (as you also say), it will stay low priority also in the future, doesn't really matter which or how many more states will be added.IMO. And the chances of getting a job to a town like Salmon is already quite low anyways (very rarely get one) but will probably decrease even further in the future i would guess with more potential destinations to pick from for the job generator (seen from any given city), or at least won't increase.
heroictrucker

#4008 Post by heroictrucker » 18 Sep 2022 20:50

why dont they add SR-33 from Salmon and running across connecting with I-15 then too rexburg too connect with US-20 interchange

they can still add the MT-43 from US-93 to I-15 like u say flight50 ;)

here what im saying

let called this ( Salmon/Rexburg Connection or Project)

(Salmon Project)

US HWY Route 93

To MP 304 SH-28 South Leadore/Idaho Falls

State Route 28

To MP 120 US-93 Hamilton/Missoula/Challis

To MP 00 SH-33 Rexburg/Idaho Falls

State Route 33

To MP 43 SH-28 North Salmon

(Rexsburg Project)

US HWY Route 20

To MP 333 SR-33 Rexsburg/Salmon

To MP 339 To SH-33 East Driggs/Jackson/Sugar City

State Route 33

To MP 78 US-20 Idaho Falls/Pocatello

beside they already made an interchange at I-15/SH-33 with the weight station there

i wish i could be part of a research and a map designer for SCS someday cause i do take these stuff seriously

im a biggest fans when it comes too the truck game im very good on what i do on here and too help out in anyway i can too share this info
Shiva

#4009 Post by Shiva » 18 Sep 2022 23:57

Quark wrote: 18 Sep 2022 13:08 Yeah US-12 especially from Helena to US-87 i had in mind. Remaining sections maybe not that important. Regarding MT-200. Here i meant only the section from Missoula to Great Falls. But what do you mean exactly with "best possibility in eastern side of the state", Shiva? What would be the issue with that mentioned section? I can vaguely remember you had written something about that some weeks ago but unfortunately forgot what it was exactly. And also, as far as i can see, most of that road in the eastern part is already in the game though and the remaining missing part is just a relatively short and much less relevant connection to Sidney after the branching off of 200S.
MT-200 Missoula to Great Falls? There the Great Falls is trouble, no place for the proper exit on I-15.
Alternative would be to connect MT-200, via smaller roads to I-15 Frontage Rd at Exit 277.

MT-200, eastern Montana? https://www.google.com/maps/dir/47.4250 ... m2!4m1!3e0 should be possible. MT-200, from Circle all the way to Sidney's roundabout.

US-12, Helena to US-87? Maybe as Johny1987 pictured it, in the viewtopic.php?p=1741394#p1741394 post.
Johny1987's US-12 from I-90 to Helena, that on the other hand, I think would destroy I-90's scenery.

The parts of US-12 and US-191 that is east of US-87. Those I have thought could be additions for Montana's windpower farms, if space. There are atleast 1 or 2, that should? fit on the map, if US-12 and maybe even US-191 there is added.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Trakaplex

#4010 Post by Trakaplex » 19 Sep 2022 00:41

Finally we are getting this extension! I hope we see US-12 west of Helena and US-287 up to Helena and US-89 to Livingston. They could push US-89 NB to White Sulphur Springs more east. US-12 to Roundup. No mention of Rexburg though, but it probably will be in the game. We could see ID-33 go east of I-15 (just like UT-30 from Tremonton to Logan).

Pic 4 looks oddly familiar as if I've been. Island Park maybe? I have been on that part of US-20 though. Just like US-14 though, it was a heavy complaint. Thanks Davido
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation

Return to “General discussion about the game”