Montana Discussion Thread

Shiva

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#2021 Post by Shiva » 05 Jul 2022 11:10

US-287 departs West Yellowstone, to atleast Yellowstone Holiday RV Campground. So that road to Three Forks is in.
US-191, to Four Corners, should be in, as I understand. It has ingame distance signs in WestY.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Tristman

#2022 Post by Tristman » 05 Jul 2022 11:58

True, I forgot about US-287 being soft confirmed. I also added US-87 between Great Falls and Havre, because there's a big gap there otherwise.

@clifflandmark I don't think Beartooth Highway will make the cut. It's a beautiful road, but not very suitable for trucking + we got a bunch of Yellowstone roads and now Glacier National Park + it will probably be difficult to fit in the box that is left over.

Updated:
Attachments
spec.JPG
flight50

#2023 Post by flight50 » 05 Jul 2022 13:46

If Beartooth made it day one over US-20, I'd have to question SCS a bit more. That would be 3 routes that wouldn't get trucked irl with Going to the Sun, US-89 out of YS and US-212 (Bearthooth). I agree with their inclusion but not at the cost of US-20. Any of those 3 I just mentioned is a patch update type road. US-20 is the day one road. But with no traces of it at this time, I sure hope once Montana releases, 1-2 people go back to add it and we get it for 1.47 perhaps. I'd make Rexburg match signage for scenic and do Ashton or Island Park as a very small scenic town. Shouldn't be as much work as Cody as scenic towns. Rexburg is mostly East of US-20 so lots of current filler prefabs works there and then the other two small towns, US-20 runs thru them. I'd go Island Park though as its next to nothing in size and right at Buffalo River that probably makes the game anyways. With the curves in the road to get from Island Park to WYS, I don't see space being much of an issue.

Like I mentioned before, if WYS connecting US-20 in full, make MT-87 to US-287 and we can connect US-20 to US-191 that way. There is a lot more wiggle room West of WYS to play with that trying to get US-20 to connect to WYS. Its a minor detour that won't be too bad. We have worse in the game when the detour feature kicks in anyways.
wolfedg

#2024 Post by wolfedg » 05 Jul 2022 13:55

@flight50 Have to say, looking at google maps I have to agree with you on the US20 > US287 route with a connection to W Yellowstone. 287 would probably be the more realistic trucking route from there, but with the connection to 191 at WYS 191 would probably work. Or why not both 191 to Bozeman and 287 all the way to Helena.
Last edited by wolfedg on 05 Jul 2022 14:00, edited 1 time in total.
Kistk3

#2025 Post by Kistk3 » 05 Jul 2022 13:59

flight50 wrote: 05 Jul 2022 13:46 If Beartooth made it day one over US-20, I'd have to question SCS a bit more. That would be 3 routes that wouldn't get trucked irl with Going to the Sun, US-89 out of YS and US-212 (Bearthooth). I agree with their inclusion but not at the cost of US-20. Any of those 3 I just mentioned is a patch update type road. US-20 is the day one road. But with no traces of it at this time, I sure hope once Montana releases, 1-2 people go back to add it and we get it for 1.47 perhaps. I'd make Rexburg match signage for scenic and do Ashton or Island Park as a very small scenic town. Shouldn't be as much work as Cody as scenic towns. Rexburg is mostly East of US-20 so lots of current filler prefabs works there and then the other two small towns, US-20 runs thru them. I'd go Island Park though as its next to nothing in size and right at Buffalo River that probably makes the game anyways. With the curves in the road to get from Island Park to WYS, I don't see space being much of an issue.

Like I mentioned before, if WYS connecting US-20 in full, make MT-87 to US-287 and we can connect US-20 to US-191 that way. There is a lot more wiggle room West of WYS to play with that trying to get US-20 to connect to WYS. Its a minor detour that won't be too bad. We have worse in the game when the detour feature kicks in anyways.

I wish the Beartooth Pass can make it to the game, just for the scenic and landscape plus the challenging. But the US-20 is more important than the others for many reasons already mentioned. As you said, if not come on the DLC day 1, it must be a future update.
oldmanclippy

#2026 Post by oldmanclippy » 05 Jul 2022 15:40

Montana State Highway 194 doesn't seem to exist. The road that Shiva posted is most likely Carter County Road 194. The only explanation I can think of that would allow that sign to be on the overlay would be if SCS mistook that CR for a SH (that would be a very silly mistake since there is so much documentation on state highways available) and are including that as a *really* remote depot to connect Devils Tower with US-212 in Montana. But that's a big stretch. Then again, it's hard to explain it any other way. That'll be an interesting thing to keep an eye on for sure. SCS has mistaken US routes for state routes in the loading screen descriptions but never before on the overlay map, and never before with county roads. So I don't really know what's going on with that one.

MT-19, that's a great road to get to bypass Lewistown between Billings and US-2. It'd be an excellent little inclusion. Was also hoping for MT-66 but can't get too greedy. US-191 can just as easily be routed in a way using 1:20 scale that would make MT-66 useless.

MT-47, again that'd be a great inclusion and one I didn't expect. At 1:20 scale I don't know how much time it will save but any little bit is appreciated. It's a similar situation distance-wise to MT-19 so I suppose if one makes it then both can make it.

MT-200S, I bet that's a connecting road to MT-200 and not just a stub from Glendive. Again, that'd be a very nice little inclusion.

If those three roads all make it in, that's a great sign for density and transit options in the eastern part of the state. Sometimes those little roads can make the difference between a particular route getting old quick and letting it remain fresh by allowing different ways to get around.

With Wyoming, SCS started putting more overlays on roads within marked cities, including the Interstate Business Routes. It's possible that they are marking stubs more agressively in Montana which could mean that MT-47 and MT-200S might not be through roads. But I would be pretty surprised if they're not given that they have overlay icons.

I do really like that they have all those state highway road signs of different formats in the files. A lot of states have changed state highway (and in Montana's case secondary state highways too) sign formats over the years but left old ones in rural areas if the numbers stay the same. That's great attention to detail if they're using the "correct incorrect" format in each location where that applies. North Dakota has that situation come up a lot so it's great to see that it might be on their radar already with Montana.

Secondary Highway 201 is an interesting one. That goes from MT-13 to Fairview on the ND border and intersects MT-16. I.e. north of Sidney. In my opinion, the most likely reason for S-201 showing up in the files would be its intersection with MT-16, which we could get from Sidney to Culbertson. That'd be amazing.

S-233, that's another interesting one, as it gets us farther north of Havre. I wonder what kind of depot that or S-232 will lead to.

S-360 means White Sulphur Springs, so some combination of US-89 and/or US-12 getting us there. US-89 was already confirmed going north of I-90 and this is just extra confirmation.

Obviously using these as 100% evidence should be cautioned against as it's possible some of these signs didn't make the final game, but it's interesting to see them, along with the conspicuous lack of MT-43 in the overlay department.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
flight50

#2027 Post by flight50 » 05 Jul 2022 16:37

Yeah no MT-43 in the overlay section does raise an eyebrow. Salmon could get a little more help than just US-93. If MT-43 is not day one, just add it later. It reminds me of UT-56 and NV-319 added not to long ago as it's a nice short cut.
Bedavd

#2028 Post by Bedavd » 05 Jul 2022 17:09

We can currently in 1.45 get REALLY close to Lost Trial Pass but not quite to the summit yet. We do know that MT 43’s US 93 terminus is in the game from the Passes Blog, so hopefully I-15’s exit 102 is in as well. That’ll mean we can get 43 added easily after release if it doesn’t come right away.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
halbtollekreatur

#2029 Post by halbtollekreatur » 05 Jul 2022 17:21

wolfedg wrote: 01 Jul 2022 15:23 I have a working theory about why SCS has been adding national parks to the game and it goes beyond just exploration and scenery. Several years back they mentioned significant progress working on an in-game feature that was going to take a lot of work to implement, and we haven't heard anything about it in quite a while. Yet I do see infrastructure in game seemingly designed to cater to this system as well as the viewpoint icons added to the game which could serve as destinations.

Spoiler perhaps??
Busses?
Since we talked about it. Looks like buses in TruckersMP.
https://twitter.com/TruckersMP/status/1 ... 7nvdg&s=19
clifflandmark

#2030 Post by clifflandmark » 05 Jul 2022 18:46

No, it's duck simulator. SCS is planning to place guns behind truck seats. Thus, drivers who got bored of driving can go hunting.

Return to “General discussion about the game”