Montana Discussion Thread

VTXcnME

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#1731 Post by VTXcnME » 27 Jun 2022 14:29

oldmanclippy wrote: 26 Jun 2022 19:34 It's all about balance. More states without more features is not a good move, but more features without more states is not a good move either. Ideally, all aspects of the game (maps, physics, simulation, graphics, etc) would advance together consistently. That's not how development works though, so sometimes we get more maps, sometimes we get more features, etc. What I think is driving impatience among some folks is that we haven't seen a whole lot of meaningful changes on the physics/simulation/feature fronts in recent years. So it seems like more maps is dominating the content that SCS is putting out. I think that's a fair assessment. I have faith that stuff is in the pipeline, if only because we know SCS is employing all these programmers and modelers and it would be ridiculous to pay them to sit on their butts and be unproductive for years on end. So I'm certain that there are unannounced improvements on the way. But I don't blame people for being pessimistic based on the output in recent years in those areas.

Montana is bringing improvements in terms of industries and companies, an area of the game that has been practically neglected since Oregon. So that's one improvement on the way for sure.
My daughter plays a game, The Sims 4. Whenever I buy her a new DLC it usually comes with a new city map, new house/building presets, and new clothes for her sims.

I'm not saying ATS can model that same process exactly. But a new map should come with more than just more roads to drive. New companies more frequently. New cargo's.

100% it's about balance. Right now it's wildly unbalanced. LOL.
flight50

#1732 Post by flight50 » 27 Jun 2022 15:37

^That is why Idaho was so depressing for me. When I buy a new map....day one....withing 2 mins of SCS hitting go, lol, I look for certain things. There are 4 things I always...always look at before I ever start driving.
1. What roads do we get
2. What is the final city roster
3. What new companies came
4. What new cargo came

This is the process that I look for to justify what I just paid for. Oregon was the best of the crop to date. From there, 3 and 4 got smaller and smaller but why? Montana, I think SCS is taking a step back and going back to Oregon thinking. Now I am not saying we need 8 new industries every dlc. That can't happen as there are only so many industries that make the game before we run out. But 8 new companies.........that can always happen per dlc. Cargoes, that can always happen with every dlc. If ETS2 can get 20+ per dlc, why can't ATS at least get 5 or more as the standard. I tire of hearing excuses of why ATS can't get new companies. That's b.s. We see it happen for ETS2 all the time. Bring diversity and open up the economy with more variety please. This should always be the focus per new map dlc. Its just too much of the same companies and cargo without adding to the roster pool of options.

But like I've been saying since the Montana industry blog, I sure hope this is the new trend for ATS. That blog gave me hope. That blog makes me feel like we are getting thru to the devs. But considering Montana and Texas is what we know now, no telling what Oklahoma, Louisiana and Kansas do. What happens beyond those? Will they keep the trend of Montana/Texas? Or will we slip back to Idaho, Utah where we got very little to zero focus on new ICC's. I'd like to remain positive with what could come as the new norm with that Montana industry blog but I can't hold to that amount of happy just yet until I see consistency with ICC's for future dlc's. ATS can be a lot more enjoyable than it is for sure if more new came.

Until we can get new features added to the game, use the best asset for the game.........the map. But the map has to bring new for it as well. The map team/asset team is the largest team for the game. To make progress and shave off years and years of completion, the map team has to be large to kick out more per year. But make the maps worthy of purchasing. Sure some states can start looking similar to another but that is real life. Why do we get Walmarts where there are not always Walmarts in real life. Why get fictional depots if building accuracy is somewhat of focus to deliver to. If there is a Target on a corner, I'd like to see a Target and not a Walmart. If there is a one off food distribution center, why do we get a Walmart distribution. Make that food center that is actually there. Better judgment on companies would be nice.

Cutting corners and reusing a depot that doesn't apply is becoming way to obvious. Make more generic prefabs for such prefabs vs making it a Walmart all the time. With more generic names is much better than dropping a Walmart where it does not belong. If SCS is going modular, for generic buildings, make it to where 3-4 different signs can be applied to it to change the company name on the prefab, just like the examples of the 2d art concepts on the microsite. For anything food related, all the same food products can go to all. Grocery stores and distribution centers. For construction companies, all the same products can go to all. Blend the industries and the cargo more seamlessly while adding depth to the economy.
MarkON

#1733 Post by MarkON » 27 Jun 2022 16:20

In 1.45 Open Beta Montana is already highlighted on the map.
Kaleidescoop

#1734 Post by Kaleidescoop » 27 Jun 2022 16:27

Any hidden roads?
I think trucks are cool.
Marcello Julio

#1735 Post by Marcello Julio » 27 Jun 2022 16:31

I believe people are still downloading the update and will explore.
SuchManor

#1736 Post by SuchManor » 27 Jun 2022 16:35

A lot has been added on the Montana border.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
flight50

#1737 Post by flight50 » 27 Jun 2022 16:54

MarkON wrote: 27 Jun 2022 16:20 In 1.45 Open Beta Montana is already highlighted on the map.
SuchManor wrote: 27 Jun 2022 16:35 A lot has been added on the Montana border.
Ahhhhhhhhhh yeah. Those are 2 things I wanted to hear. Sweet. So Montana is 100% coming before Texas. We will get another dlc for the Summer. If this is July, I'd say we are back on track for 2 states if Texas is Nov/Dec bound.

@SuchManor you gonna hook us up for any new assets?
SuchManor

#1738 Post by SuchManor » 27 Jun 2022 17:00

I'll look soon.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
Marcello Julio

#1739 Post by Marcello Julio » 27 Jun 2022 17:04

I believe the empty part of Idaho has new roads then?
flight50

#1740 Post by flight50 » 27 Jun 2022 17:13

It should if the sectors don't cut off before you must buy Montana to continue. 1.45 is the compatibility update to Montana so all road going in, must be. Can someone confirm if we get US-2/WA-20 into Washington?

Return to “General discussion about the game”