Montana Discussion Thread

FrancescoMasci

Montana Discussion Thread

#1 Post by FrancescoMasci » 16 Jul 2020 16:28

So, what is the best thing to do to celebrate Idaho release?
Well, it's time for the official Montana discussion thread!

It will probably be a year and a half before this state sees the light but it's already the most requested state in the poll thread.

What do you expect from it?

Personally, I'm looking forward to the extension of I 90 beyond Coeur d'Alene but mostly to Marias Pass from Shelby to Whitefish, as I have pleasant memories from when I was playing it in Train Simulator.

And you?

Time to discuss!
oldmanclippy

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#2 Post by oldmanclippy » 16 Jul 2020 16:47

I don't know, from what Pavel said it sounds like Montana might be coming in 2022. If I heard correctly then it's going to be a smaller state (Wyoming or Oklahoma?) and then Texas in 2021.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Marcello Julio

#3 Post by Marcello Julio » 16 Jul 2020 16:52

Marking my presence here :P
The only thing that we can discuss in official words, was Kraake (Raven) who said that he is currently working on research in 3 states. One of them could be Montana!
xyzan

#4 Post by xyzan » 16 Jul 2020 17:32

Montana is required for Idaho. I would like to see it sooner than later.
Izmaragon

#5 Post by Izmaragon » 16 Jul 2020 18:01

Yes, Montana is needed for Idaho to truly be complete. Texas has been ongoing for quite sometime now if I'm to understand correctly from this and past streams; of which Oklahoma maybe included just because of geography.

In some respects, getting the "Mountain time zone corridor" finished would be most efficient, Montana would lead up to Texas and then you'd have the largest states out of the way after that. But it depends on what theyve decided to do. We waited for 4 states before Utah finally came, so it could also be Texas after Colorado and then WY and MT. But as xyzan said, MT completes ID and we really dont want to wait that long again for a certain state to come out. So it might be WY, MT and then TX after that.
My WoT

Show trucks are working trucks, they simply do the same job in a slightly more noticeable and stylish fashion.
Marcello Julio

#6 Post by Marcello Julio » 16 Jul 2020 18:03

Has anyone tried to see the secret roads in Idaho that connect Montana?
FrancescoMasci

#7 Post by FrancescoMasci » 16 Jul 2020 18:06

I feel that with the way Idaho has been developed, Montana is much more needed than Texas.
Skoot

#8 Post by Skoot » 16 Jul 2020 18:08

oldmanclippy wrote: 16 Jul 2020 16:47 I don't know, from what Pavel said it sounds like Montana might be coming in 2022. If I heard correctly then it's going to be a smaller state (Wyoming or Oklahoma?) and then Texas in 2021.
I'm among those hoping for Wyoming and Montana in 2021. Texas will bring another round of corridor driving along I-10 and I-40 with the current map, plus Montana could bring us a sensible extension of I-90 along with complete I-15 and give Idaho much more use. The smaller state will be Wyoming - Oklahoma has, like, one road connection to both Colorado and New Mexico, so it will make way more sense as the first state to pop up in 2022 if Texas makes it in 2021. Just my two cents.
Onagerlinn

#9 Post by Onagerlinn » 16 Jul 2020 18:26

I'm on team Wyoming/Montana 2021.

I really want Texas as much as the next guy. It's going to bring SO much content to the game and I think it's going to be the ultimate crown jewel of ATS (depending on how SCS does the ultra-dense Bos-Wash area) once the whole country is complete. Once it comes out, I might spend an entire week just in Texas.

But filling out the Rockies is going to make what we have of the map right now so much better. Already, Washington and Oregon are improved that much by Idaho opening up and now have a lot more value, and states like New Mexico, Utah and Idaho itself will benefit immensely by finishing up the Rockies.

-------

I've been to Montana a handful of times, and I liken it to a more wide-open-spaces version of Colorado. Towering mountains in the west with thick pine forests, wide open prairie in the east. Plenty of open driving, which I absolutely love. Montana's road network is pretty straightforward with few oddities, and it's massive size would have me expect about 5-6,000 miles. Based on what I've seen of Idaho so far (which, admittedly, isn't a ton quite yet), we could really, truly fall in love with Montana, even if it lacks large cities.
oldmanclippy

#10 Post by oldmanclippy » 16 Jul 2020 18:35

@Skoot I am also hoping for Wyoming and Montana next year, since I would prefer to have a nice convex map shape for the maximum number of road trip options.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)

Return to “General discussion about the game”