Montana Discussion Thread

parasaurolophus67

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#1281 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 07 May 2022 20:43

it would be interesting to see a new company I agree. But I also like that we got more offroad areas we can go on.
flight50

#1282 Post by flight50 » 07 May 2022 23:53

Tristman wrote: 07 May 2022 20:18 Dunno if someone posted these already, but here's the six companies that have been added to the map editor, and will probably make their first appearance in Montana.
Yes @SuchManor always post new assets for us pretty much as soon as the beta releases.
For Montana its here dated April 21st.
viewtopic.php?p=1685570#p1685570

...and here dated April 30th
viewtopic.php?p=1689864#p1689864
Bedavd

#1283 Post by Bedavd » 08 May 2022 00:12

Thought some of you might be interested in the comparison of Bonner-West Riverside between the Nov. 17th and May 6th blogs.

Nov Blog:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

May Blog:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
harishw8r

#1284 Post by harishw8r » 08 May 2022 02:29

I wouldn’t mind Deepgrove being the only logging company (for now), given logging is limited only to the PNW and Rocky Mountain areas and we would be seeing less of it for a while.

If anything farming companies need some fresh air. Bushnell and Sunshine Crops definitely need some rival companies; so is Wallbert. There are Cooper Construction signboards in many places. They could change some of the Plaster and Sons sites with that. Then there are firms like Poweco, UDS and Posted, each of which can get their own depots.
TheAmir259

#1285 Post by TheAmir259 » 08 May 2022 03:03

flight50 wrote: 07 May 2022 20:01 The Landscape company on the latest blog is very disappointing to see that its called Deepgrove. The Lumber industry is well established enough to support 2 Lumber companies just like more other industries in ATS. Where is Lumber Jill? That has floated around in the game files for since how long? ATS should be getting more company diversity. Nowwwww, with all that said, Deepgrove for landscaping could be a placeholder. We did get Kolice once before blogged with Colorado and SCS later changed it to USBB. Kolice has returned in another blog post for Montana. I hope it sticks this time to give us 2 beverage companies just like we now have 2 vineyard companies. So there is hope but I realllllly hope SCS is starting to turn Annie and Petr loose and let them create a ton of new companies to bring company diversity to ATS just like SCS has done for ETS2.
Yep, I am also disappointed that Deepgrove is still monopolizing this sector in ATS, we should really break it down, even if its a duopoly, its still better than just a Deepgrove.
Two wrongs don't make a right, three lefts...do :D
Optional Features

#1286 Post by Optional Features » 08 May 2022 03:07

I just want to see some taller mountain backdrops. If they doubled the height of mountains around the map, it would make an incredible visual difference.
flight50

#1287 Post by flight50 » 08 May 2022 05:14

harishw8r wrote: 08 May 2022 02:29 I wouldn’t mind Deepgrove being the only logging company (for now), given logging is limited only to the PNW and Rocky Mountain areas and we would be seeing less of it for a while.
Less of it? I’d be shocked if East Texas does’t have lumber. Once you get East of I-35, things become even more wooded than PNW and that spans North to South all the way to the Atlantic. So I can’t say agree with just Deepgrove. I’ve seen quite a few logging trucks only I-20 in East Texas.

Now Texas starts a new region so we’ll see how much of the of the Western region cares over into the South region with Texas and then Oklahoma. The excuse I keep hearing why ETS2 gets so many new companies is because of new regions. Let’s see how Texas is treated and if “Regions” is exploited by SCS per game or per desire. I’d honest like to see 65-70% new companies honestly in Texas. The ones that can come over would be those national companies...Wallbert, USBB, Charged, Home store. There should be a few coming with Montana that can be national as well.
JoeAlex23

#1288 Post by JoeAlex23 » 08 May 2022 05:29

I'm always down for more companies and ATS NEEDS variety on it's various industries ASAP, with that said, i don't mind DeepGrove being the logging "monopoly" of the PNW but it has to end with Montana, would be cool to have at least another logging company up there but is not a deal breaker for me, but Texas 100% NEEDS a new logging company if they plan to add that industry to Texas, dragging DeepGrove all the way down there is not a good idea.
Trucker Nik

#1289 Post by Trucker Nik » 08 May 2022 05:49

I like the area of ​​November 17 more, (with the house and the rails) why they reworked it 🤔
Viper28

#1290 Post by Viper28 » 08 May 2022 06:15

flight50 wrote: 08 May 2022 05:14
harishw8r wrote: 08 May 2022 02:29 I wouldn’t mind Deepgrove being the only logging company (for now), given logging is limited only to the PNW and Rocky Mountain areas and we would be seeing less of it for a while.
Less of it? I’d be shocked if East Texas does’t have lumber. Once you get East of I-35, things become even more wooded than PNW and that spans North to South all the way to the Atlantic. So I can’t say agree with just Deepgrove. I’ve seen quite a few logging trucks only I-20 in East Texas.

Now Texas starts a new region so we’ll see how much of the of the Western region cares over into the South region with Texas and then Oklahoma. The excuse I keep hearing why ETS2 gets so many new companies is because of new regions. Let’s see how Texas is treated and if “Regions” is exploited by SCS per game or per desire. I’d honest like to see 65-70% new companies honestly in Texas. The ones that can come over would be those national companies...Wallbert, USBB, Charged, Home store. There should be a few coming with Montana that can be national as well.
yeah looking at google maps, nothing impressive when it comes to woods in Texas until you get east of I-45 not 35...
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK

Return to “General discussion about the game”