Montana Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#671 Post by flight50 » 13 Jan 2022 16:22

harishw8r wrote: 13 Jan 2022 16:03 Did someone say ICC overload? :o The list is considerably long!
Ohhhhh SNAP. I know right. ICCs in da house. OMG. I'm pumped. My jaw was open reading that entire blog. Sooooo many awesome new things coming. I think I have a happy tear. The devs do listen. So thanks to all that helped me start barking about ICCs. I can't do it alone. This is a huge community win for those that care about ICCs.

@howey I think we getting new cargo baby, lol. This is a great step in the right direction. If Montana doing all this, imagine what Texas does. Also, think about what the base map can get from today's blog.

OMG..OMG. This made my day...my week. I am stressed from work. Put in my 2 weeks nithice and my boss pushing hard to keep me, I have loads of work to complete before leaving on top of meetings. This blog is timed perfectly.

Honestly, I was expecting a Montana blog soon. We got our Texas blog last week. We got California and tons of HoR. So Montana is left.
JoeAlex23

#672 Post by JoeAlex23 » 13 Jan 2022 16:32

I knew that blog was going to put a big smile on @flight50 's face :lol: Looks like all the talking about ICC's is working, happy to see they adding even more, a step in the right direction! 😁
Graf_Boinenn

#673 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 13 Jan 2022 16:45

If this is the list of industries for MO -which is HUGE-, I can't imagine what TX will bring into the game.

I hope some of them really helps in the planning to have that "chain-of-production" delivery process.

Question guys... what ICCs stands for?
harishw8r

#674 Post by harishw8r » 13 Jan 2022 16:48

Industries, Cargo and Companies (well the Cs are interchangeable I guess :P)
supersobes
Global moderator

#675 Post by supersobes » 13 Jan 2022 16:50

If the speculation that Montana will come before Texas turns out to be true, then hopefully some of these industries will make it into the Texas DLC. A lot of them are universal industries that could exist anywhere.
CodArk2

#676 Post by CodArk2 » 13 Jan 2022 16:56

Tails

#678 Post by Tails » 13 Jan 2022 17:10

very nice blog post for industries keep up the great work developers.
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
flight50

#679 Post by flight50 » 13 Jan 2022 17:11

JoeAlex23 wrote: 13 Jan 2022 16:32 I knew that blog was going to put a big smile on @flight50 's face :lol: Looks like all the talking about ICC's is working, happy to see they adding even more, a step in the right direction! 😁
Annnnd you know it. I always say how ETS2 knocks prefabs and industries out the park. ATS is about to come up, lol. This blog right here.....I don't think I've been this pumped since the new Cascadia was teased in 2018 in that thread Carthoo made back in the day. Sure there is more things that come in the future. This is just a start and a niccccce one at that. I love looking at new dlc's coming and check out real life industries along roads that have the best chance to make the game. That type of searching is more fun to me than playing ATS right now. Once more and more things come to ATS, I'll finally be able to enjoy playing ATS more as the devs will start learning what spice to keep coming. More industries makes a better economy. Fill in the blanks with those middle men company is key for cargo to start making more sense.

Hopefully the retail side of things come too. There are a solid dozen parodies that work nationally there. Even more on the regional side. Getting Walmarts thinned out would be nice. You all see me post those particular companies a lot so I won't mentioned them again this time :D. But as far as the new industries, I don't know which excites me the most. All have great potential. I seriously can't wait for Montana now. But I'd have to say the biggest shockers are Landscape Supply and Waste/Recycling. I dreamed of those for awhile. They can go in remote places to eat up that unused space nicely. Trailer service, mmmm. This one can get implemented everywhere just like service centers. I wonder if this is a sign that truck washes are coming. There is a truck wash sign on this prefab.
Graf_Boinenn wrote: 13 Jan 2022 16:45 If this is the list of industries for MO -which is HUGE-, I can't imagine what TX will bring into the game.

I hope some of them really helps in the planning to have that "chain-of-production" delivery process.

Question guys... what ICCs stands for?
Yeah that is my big question. As I mention a lot as well, those middle man companies. How do they tie things together. ATS has lots of holes right now but the gap should close with every new dlc. Each industry can always be 3-4 processes deep. So the economy can greatly improve constantly. If SCS leave room for expansion in all cities, they can always come back later and add things when they come online. There are lots of non functioning depots that can give way to new depots later in the future if necessary. This is best achieved with planning. Find out everything you want in the game. Now and the future. 3-4+ years from now. Take note of these facilities around the entire map, not just the w.i.p. states....the entire map. Find the best industries that fit ATS and note them to add when its time. When its time to go backwards to older dlc's, drop in that new industry or new prefab. Reset the economy and lets go.

I know its easier said that done but in order for ATS to be successful, nothing will be easy. The economic immersion is a must for North America though. So anything and everything that can be trucked that makes sense for ATS, should be in the game in due time. Limiting ATS and not depicting the North American economy just doesn't represent real life. Assuming real life is what SCS is now striving for. So kudos for this big step.
supersobes wrote: 13 Jan 2022 16:50 If the speculation that Montana will come before Texas turns out to be true, then hopefully some of these industries will make it into the Texas DLC. A lot of them are universal industries that could exist anywhere.
No doubt. As I just mentioned, these things can also go to the base map states where applicable. Even older dlcs can get tweaked to spice them up. I think most depots are added to the base map anyways. I could be wrong though. There are specific ones that should be dlc locked. But base map makes it even easier to implement. I totally agree on universal though. Waste Transfer, Trailer Service, Electricity and Landscape Supply, those can go everywhere in every dlc. Trailer Service will be the most used of that group. The others, we only need like 2-3 per dlc. The smaller the state, the less frequency.
CodArk2 wrote: 13 Jan 2022 16:56 Montana also got added to the map at https://americantrucksimulator.com
Removed image from quote - Forum rule 2.3
Ahhhhhh, that looks so sexy with Montana and Texas filled in. If all goes well, hopefully both those come for this year. One for the Summer, the other for Winter. That gets us back on track for at least 2 map dlc's a year. Next year could even go to 3 a year. We'll see how things play out. But the entire West plus Texas is a lot of land to play with. Add in the base map rebuilds and that's all good quality stuff.
Marcello Julio

#680 Post by Marcello Julio » 13 Jan 2022 17:34

Nice Montana blog! Many new industries! This makes me even more hopeful that Texas will bring many new industries! ATS will have a very large catalog of industries after the release of these two states!

Return to “General discussion about the game”