Montana Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#691 Post by flight50 » 13 Jan 2022 19:31

@parasaurolophus67 Very true. But look at it this way, we are getting new industry no matter what. ATS is getting too big to keep up with the same ole same ole. If industry is added, they can always go back and add more cargo later. I know people don't like that but its better than nothing. Cough Cough Idaho. I never ever want to see another Idaho effort. Zero ICCs is a slap in the face. Sorry SCS but that wasn't right. Go back and add new industry to Idaho when you can. Make Idaho right please. I am sure there is 1-2 industries and/or 1-2 new companies that can come. Where is the John Deere/Case/Holland equipment resales? New farm company at least didn't even come. Potato plant of something. We go nothing with Idaho.

If the dedicated cargo team concept takes off, they can add to this in due time and much much more. We will always need industry to bring x,y,z. Sure its not ideal but as more industry comes, more and more new cargo will come anyways. I know some want SCS to focus on one industry at a time and add all at once, but that is impossible. Too much missing for that. If there are 3-4 parts of the chain and we only have the first and the last, we need to wait until the middle parts are available. That could be in a state 1000 miles away and SCS has to introduce it at the right time. So baby steps here too.

For the most part, all these industries, we already have, we have all the proper trailer types for. Once SCS gets every common North American trailer in the game, that industry that uses it can come. Specialized trailers are different. But we can't have cargo without the right trailers. Industry is perhaps the first part in the ICC equation. Find the industry to exploit. Each industry can have 3-5 different companies that make up that industry. All part of the supply chain. Each company will produce a different cargo. Its all a domino effect. But ICCs go hand in hand. We need all three and we need diversity to make it all seamless.

Its exactly what @Tristam-94 just said though. I was typing while Tristam-94 was commenting. Foundation. That is the key word.
Bedavd

#692 Post by Bedavd » 13 Jan 2022 19:43

GOOD STUFF!! Thank goodness I bought in-flight wifi so I could see this slightly earlier than I would’ve otherwise hahah. Wow! I’m so excited for this. I hope Montana comes first just so we can possibly have some of these industries add to Texas if they fit. What fantastic news this is great!
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#693 Post by flight50 » 13 Jan 2022 19:50

^Honestly, I don't think Montana has to come first just for Texas to get this stuff. Both dlc's are w.i.p. Neither are coming out before Summer so there is time to make accommodations. So what one gets, the other can get. What they get, California can get. They are all w.i.p. Now after all these are done and released, things are closed and would have to be overhauled to add in later.

I bet there are things that Texas has, that Montana can use or is using. That is the beauty in ATS right now with so many map team on board now. Come up with this idea or that idea and any in production dlc, can use the new stuff. I too hope Montana comes first though. That means more can be done with Texas. Come June/July, we might get closer to that answer. I'm sure the Summer dlc comes with 1.45 though.
Bedavd

#694 Post by Bedavd » 13 Jan 2022 19:55

That’s fair. Tying it specifically to Montana makes them feel like they come with Montana, but that is just an assumption and it could go either way.

I love looking at this blog on my phone and scrolling down it hahah. It just keeps going with more and more industries to showcase. I don’t wanna expect too much but these additions may very well breath some very very fresh air into ATS.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#695 Post by flight50 » 13 Jan 2022 20:39

Heck yeah it breaths fresh air. I too think I'll be reading this blog another 5 times, lol. I was licking my lips on this blog, lol. Only industry that I see locked to Montana is the airport. The others can go all over the US. I hope to see sugar in Nebraska in Scotsbluff. Talc is also in other places. Nevada is one. So a revamp of that state can get it.

Unless a dlc brings a one off, I'd expect ATS will mostly be national and regional depots that SCS creates to go multiple places. Only solo depots I'd think are ports and airports for the most part. Otherwise, they'd have to make a depot that isn't usable elsewhere lowering how effective it can be. Most solo's, the devs would look over I bet because they can't use it several times. Even a depot that can be place in like 5 places in the entire US is good. Something like a candy factory, sugar plant, coal mines....I can see fewer of those spread around.
festmache

#696 Post by festmache » 13 Jan 2022 21:15

I wonder if the new companies will offer/accept empty pallets :D

Just kidding... Industry diversification, great stuff 👍
vanilla player, loving ETS2, loving ATS even more! | 🇳🇱 🇪🇺
Map with all cities | Personal cabin accessories

[ external image ]
flight50

#697 Post by flight50 » 13 Jan 2022 22:03

I wouldn't be surprised if we got empty pallets and/or used wrapping from the trailer service depot, lol. We are suppose to haul numerous materials there so no telling. If we got wooden pallets on a flatbed, I'd accept that honestly.

I didn't fully read the entire blog, I'll admit. But I just read the very last paragraph. It seems like there are a few more. These might be in a blog that is incorporated into a certain prefab or two. I wonder what those industries could be. I know Montana has a few mines. But we already have mines so that is not a new industry. I know there are a couple of quarries types that we don't have yet, but quarries are also in the game. I wonder if we get something from the dedicated cargo thread I recently talk about.

[ external image ]

Google search did come up with this though for Montana. What if honey is a new industry coming?
[ external image ]

dsf.fernando wrote: 13 Jan 2022 16:17 Any probability of waste treatment plants also appearing, so we could use waste/sludge tankers?
After thinking about this...and I could be wrong, but in the US, the water treatment plants takes care of all that in cities with city municipality services. I am not a Civil Engineer but I work with them frequently. I doubt ATS has septic tank depots to take sludge. Sludge that ATS would have would be from livestock farms. We have plenty of that. They turn that stuff into fertilizer. So if we get sludge, I don’t think this is the right facility for that.
Xaagon

#698 Post by Xaagon » 14 Jan 2022 02:43

This was nice, scrolling down the blog it just kept coming long after I expected it to end!

Everything in there except the Great Falls airport could be used in other states too. Hopefully we get new flatbed cargos that we can actually see, in addition to several new painted trailers. I'm still waiting for the Farmers Barn trailer...

I agree that even if Texas releases first we might see some of these industries there too. It would also be cool to see some of these pop up in California phase 2.
flight50

#699 Post by flight50 » 14 Jan 2022 04:12

I am hopeful that California gets 1-2 of its own actually. I think the best thing that can happen for California is a new farm company. 3 for the base map is perfect which means they can spread for all of the Western states. I'd be content with 3 farms for the West which includes Montana. Texas on the other hand we need 3 brand new farms there which will populate the South. Kansas needs 3 new farm companies totally different from both the West and the South. That would be 9 different farms with the first 3 largest regions in the US. Those 9 can yield a ton of agriculture.

But todays Montana blog makes me think very very positively. I'm very hopeful now for beyond Montana. The down side with today's blog is now Texas industries might not exceed Montana. Texas should not be too underwhelming either. What Texas can do it drastically expand on existing industries with more new companies. Montana should not show Texas up in terms of "new companies". Montana is bringing 8 new industries. Great Falls is an airport and we already have those. But if we get military equipment I suppose you could say 9. But I'm sticking with 8 for now. Texas may not bring 8 new industries. In fact I'd be completely surprised. But a few new industries in Texas would be nice. Now what Texas and should do is blow Montana out the water with "new" companies. All the industries in ATS to date, could show up in Texas. But each can be new name companies with the exception of USBB, Wallbert, Home Store and Charged. Those are national chains. A few new national companies would be nice along with several new regional ones. So the more variety, the better the economic vibe. So cheers to Montana. Perhaps ATS can start putting a dent in diversity now.

Back to this Great Falls thing. The more I keep reading the description of this particular prefab, the more my wheels turn on what cargo could be like in and out of this facility. The words military and storehouse could really mean something big. I won't get my hopes up but we could be looking at a few juicy cargoes here...over time.
Perhaps even something that we can take from airport to airport. This Great Falls storehouse could be purposely built with Special Transport in mind. The pic for it has 2 huge garage doors. I bet I can fit some huge military cargo there. I don't think we have received any new cargo for ST since it released so maybe we get something oversized. With some of these new industries, we could be looking at some massive size cargo like storage vessels. Or huge metal silos different than the current ST one. What about livestock silos. They are pretty much props all over the map. They are midsize but still much larger than a truck's trailer.
alaskagames

#700 Post by alaskagames » 14 Jan 2022 04:14

I am really excited for the wide variety of new industries being brought. Delivering truck parts to various repair shops is definitely an unthought of but revolutionary idea for the game. Also delivering to electric companies. Who would of thought of that one? Really also excites me for the many industries texas will bring. ATS really thought outside of the box for this one, and with texas being very diverse and huge, hopefully this list could be double! lastly hope they can add some of these unique companies in the old states too. Its kinda weird how as the map progresses, itll be more and more diverse while a place like oregon will be so bland.

Return to “General discussion about the game”