Montana Discussion Thread

FrancescoMasci

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#1761 Post by FrancescoMasci » 28 Jun 2022 09:43

So, I'm a little bit late to the party, having found out about the update just now.

It seems that this is the compatibility patch for Montana (it's now light grey). So when do you think it comes out?
I hope in the next two months is gonna be out!
clifflandmark

#1762 Post by clifflandmark » 28 Jun 2022 11:09

If they release it in next couple weeks, it means they were faster in MT compared to WY.Montana is huge. At least, it's bigger than WY and also, it still includes Western part of Rockies. If they got faster in MT, that's probably because of plains in MT.

We don't know how many blogs left. It can't go beyond 1.45, right ?
Trucker Nik

#1763 Post by Trucker Nik » 28 Jun 2022 11:28

There are 6 blogs on Montana's microsite, I hope some will merge and Montana will come on August 4, then I have a name day :D it would be a nice gift from SCS for me :)
MarkON

#1764 Post by MarkON » 28 Jun 2022 11:39

Another achievement for the Montana DLC: Major Miner

@Virtual Trucker 51
1. Gameplay Video (Gameplay #1)
2. Big in Montana (Special Transport)
3. Yellowstone National Park
4. Weigh Stations
5. Helena
6. Glacier National Park
7. Landmarks
8. Nature in General
9. Road Network + New Signs
10. Airports,
11. Lewis and Clark Expedition

+technical:
12. Release Date Announcement and maybe WoTr Event blog
hangman005

#1765 Post by hangman005 » 28 Jun 2022 12:33

flight50 wrote: 27 Jun 2022 18:41 US-20 is a must to connect Idaho Falls to US-191 into YS and Bozeman. I doubt that got the X. If US-20 was already polished, then no it wouldn't change much. I don't remember the status of it though.
Looks like it will need the Cody US14 Treatment from what I can see. But I'm in agreement its a must have.
harishw8r

#1766 Post by harishw8r » 28 Jun 2022 12:58

I would consider Lewis-Clark and Yellowstone blogs ‘done’. Apart from whatever they talked about in the Border pass and US14-Cody blogs, I don’t think there’s a lot worthy enough to discuss.
Trucker Nik

#1767 Post by Trucker Nik » 28 Jun 2022 13:20

Glacier National Park, Yellowstone National Park, and nature in general could merge into one blog :P @MarkON I miscalculated blogs :cry: :cry:
oldmanclippy

#1768 Post by oldmanclippy » 28 Jun 2022 14:04

werewoooooooolf wrote: 28 Jun 2022 12:58 I would consider Lewis-Clark and Yellowstone blogs ‘done’. Apart from whatever they talked about in the Border pass and US14-Cody blogs, I don’t think there’s a lot worthy enough to discuss.
Not really, the Lewis and Clark and Yellowstone blogs are still greyed out on the microsite, whereas Missoula is not greyed out anymore. Those blogs should still be coming unless they change their mind.

Yellowstone will probably cover, US-191, and if they make it US-89 and US-212/Beartooth Pass.

Lewis and Clark could cover Lewistown, Pompeys Pillar, and the Missouri River in general.

I will reiterate that IMO, US-20 from Idaho Falls to West Yellowstone will be the biggest miss in ATS so far, and it's not even close. I fear that if it is indeed missing from Montana, that SCS is learning the wrong lessons from the Yellowstone debacle.

@Dareus, maybe you could pass on to the team that the reason people were disappointed that Yellowstone was not originally meant to come with Wyoming, is not because we wanted to take that route every time between Sheridan/Cody and Jackson, but rather because we wanted an optional alternate route between those cities that would break up the monotony of going the long way around every time, as well as filling the empty northwest corner of the state. I don't think anyone who complained about Yellowstone would have wanted those roads at the expense of important transit roads. US-20 between Idaho Falls and West Yellowstone is the main corridor for trucking in summer months between Idaho Falls and Bozeman. Without it, the only options are to go I-15 to I-90 or US-26 to US-191 *through a national park*. Both of those are wildly unrealistic. Additionally, if it is true that we're getting US-287 and US-191 between West Yellowstone and I-90, and possibly even US-89 between US-20 and I-90 as well, then IMO it is a massive waste to include all those roads, if the only way to use them is to illegally go through a national park. National park roads shouldn't be the roads we rely on to make a trip, they should be alternate routes for people who are willing to eschew realism once in a while for fun. That should not, IMO, come at the expense of roads that will allow us to drive realistically 90% of the time, such as US-20 between Idaho Falls and West Yellowstone.

That last part is why I'm still holding out hope that US-20 is still coming. No way SCS would make all those roads south of Bozeman without a way to legally use them. It would be a decision far more baffling than leaving out Cody and US-14 was in Wyoming.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Tristman

#1769 Post by Tristman » 28 Jun 2022 14:18

I wholeheartedly agree with you Clippy, but at the same time there doesn't seem to be any indication that US-20 between Idaho Falls and WYS is coming. It does look in the map editor like there is space for it, but I'm no mapper so no idea if there are mountain views or something in the way. They could leave Rexburg out I think to make the road fit better if necessary.

I don't think the road will be in on launch, but I do really hope that we get it later.
harishw8r

#1770 Post by harishw8r » 28 Jun 2022 15:51

oldmanclippy wrote: 28 Jun 2022 14:04 Not really, the Lewis and Clark and Yellowstone blogs are still greyed out on the microsite, whereas Missoula is not greyed out anymore. Those blogs should still be coming unless they change their mind.

Yellowstone will probably cover, US-191, and if they make it US-89 and US-212/Beartooth Pass.

Lewis and Clark could cover Lewistown, Pompeys Pillar, and the Missouri River in general.
Oh alright, haven't checked the site in a while. Not sure about US-212 making into the game as 1.45 shows no signs, but would be a lot nicer if we get.

Return to “General discussion about the game”