Montana Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#701 Post by flight50 » 14 Jan 2022 04:49

alaskagames wrote: 14 Jan 2022 04:14 Also delivering to electric companies. Who would of thought of that one?
Me, 2 years ago. Which is why I provided this link viewtopic.php?p=1257001#p1257001 2 pages ago.
alaskagames wrote: 14 Jan 2022 04:14 with texas being very diverse and huge, hopefully this list could be double!
You might be disappointed then. There isn't that many new industries to bring to Texas that isn't already in the game. New companies...that is totally different. If Montana is bringing 8-9, you are saying Texas will bring 16-18 new industries? That is a ton. Even for Texas. What will other states get to bring? Read my post above yours though. Eventually, SCS will run out of industries. Only thing they can do at that point in make industries deeper. But one dlc can't take out all the rest of the industries.
Tristman

#702 Post by Tristman » 14 Jan 2022 08:53

festmache wrote: 13 Jan 2022 21:15 I wonder if the new companies will offer/accept empty pallets :D

Just kidding... Industry diversification, great stuff 👍
Ironically, if we get recycling companies, those SHOULD actually be the ones accepting empty pallets and used packaging. :D
flight50

#703 Post by flight50 » 14 Jan 2022 11:37

Empty pallets could be going to warehouses and packaging facilities. But we don't have an abundance of either. There are also facilities that specifically make pallets. That is what we need, a small place of origin for pallets. Send them back there for redistribution or recycling. Sporklift from ETS2 would also be nice along side a pallet place. Both could be about the size of the newer Eddy's or Tidbit. Nothing too large as they have specific cargoes.

I've talked landscaping and recycling into existence now and SCS listened on both. I'm so excited about both. Dumpers and flatbeds just became even more useful. I really hope the step deck arrives pretty SCSoon to join flatbeds. It's even more versatile than the standard flatbed.

Stepdecks bring a whole different set of cargo....slightly taller than standard flatbed + everything else for flatbed. Crated cargo comes into play to equipment manufacturers from like ports and rail yards. Not only that, but a lot more interesting orientations on the trailer itself happens with step decks. Outside of tankers, that is the next trailer to bring imho. Construction and Agriculture are the main 2 industries that can really push step decks. I can see the Great Plain states loaded up with lots of agricultural related cargoes on them.

One day, I really think SCS brings either a licensed or a parody farming equipment manufacturer and resaler of farming equipment. Oklahoma, Kansas or Nebraska works. Hopefully Oklahoma. Montana is bringing a lot, so maybe that gives Oklahoma something. I am sure Texas is loaded up already and it's in the fine tune and polishing stages that can still takes months to complete. Then 2-3 months to test.

Now the Montana blog did say there was a few more industries to share in the future. What if farming equipment manufacturer and resaler came there? I won't get hopes up too much but that is a possibility. That adds depth to agriculture sooner than later for sure. It also fills in 2 middle men companies. Montana and the Great Plain states are perfect candidates for resalers for farmers. Small towns can use these for the lack of big box stores. So yeah, Montana may have some more surprises. If a resaler is one, I'm gonna loose it, lol.
_Roger_

#704 Post by _Roger_ » 14 Jan 2022 20:06

As someone who works in a warehouse, warehouses don't need pallets. Everything comes on a pallet already. We need trucks to come and take away excess pallets. But you're right, there's not a huge abundance. It only happens once a month or two, compared to the dozens of other deliveries we get each week.
flight50

#705 Post by flight50 » 15 Jan 2022 00:09

There is more than one type of pallet. There are standard wooden, heavy duty blue OSHA pallets and plastic ones. As someone who use to work in 2 different warehouses (CoreMark Int and Coca Cola to be exact), we used all 3 to ship built pallets out to customers. If you are building pallets to ship out, yes a warehouse/distribution center will need them. Products comes in on pallets yes, but product also can go out when you build pallets for customers. We shrink wrapped product to pallets and loaded them up on trucks. There are hundreds of warehouses out there. Depending on the type will determine how you use pallets..in or out.

In ATS, SCS can easily make a pallet depo as part of the plastic industry(resin with chemical plants) and/or a lumber for wooden pallets. Dimensional lumber to a pallet facility and that facility ships pallets out. Such a facility can justify these too frequently hauled pallets.

Pallets can go in enclosed trailers as well as flatbeds and stepdecks. But I'd love to see something like this:

Superior Pallet Co. This is one example just North of Wichita Falls, Tx.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

If SCS did a facility like this, we'd only need like 1 for every 1000 miles or so. It can be just as rare as Darchelle Uzau perhaps. The best part is something like this doesn't need to be in large cities. Its a small city type depot or even a remote depot for a marked town. It can be isolated and off by itself. This gives another use for lumber products from a mill. Lumber in, pallets out. I'd say do like 2 variants of pallets. There are different sizes. I'd go with wooden and blue pallets for the color though. No mater what, we need pallets as cargo on flatbeds. If we have to haul pallets all the time, lets at least be able to see them. They are already modeled and on prefabs everywhere. They are flat low poly models as is. We don't have to have a super high stack of them, but at least the height of the cab of the truck itself would be nice.

I'd throw one more variant of pallets in there too. Old broken down beat up pallets that can ship over to recycle or even back to the pallet company to be rebuilt.
Xaagon

#706 Post by Xaagon » 15 Jan 2022 00:43

I remember recently that a fire broke out at one of these pallet companies, I think in Los Angeles. The flames and smoke plume were quite impressive.
flight50

#707 Post by flight50 » 15 Jan 2022 15:20

I was just thinking about all the new industries coming to Montana and one of the biggest and most exciting things about that is Annie. How cool is it going to be to see what she comes up with for company designs if these are in fact brand new companies? A nice round of companies from a visual side as well as the economy side. Not to mention, if we can get another round if restaurants from her.

How many of these new companies will get company trailer skins as well? Variety here goes hand and hand with compaines themselves. There are a few companies in the game now that could bring company trailer skins but they don't. Farmer's Barn as Xaagon mention is one. Eddy's and Tidbit are 2 more.

Or will any of these new prefabs carry on old names? I see NAMIQ and Sunshine Crops and written all over half of these. New prefabs and industries is one thing but I'm waiting to see how many of these 9, bring us brand new company names. I know Great Falls is a one off so it must be different. Sugar Plant, Grain elevator, silane gas and talc worry me. They could go either way new or old names. Electricity, Landscape and Waste Transfer should definitely be brand new names.

Trailer service could be a one company chain for all of ATS. There won't be a ton like truck stops. Probably even rarer than Service centers too. Considering the blog said we can make deliveries here, it has to be a company name and not like the truck centers. Makes me think truck centers can get overhauled and become a chain as well with parts being delivered to it as well. That would be nice. Same for dealerships, lets pull thru those garages. Rework the parking lots to make sense at dealerships. We can then finally pull thru for service like I sketched up here. Looks like we will be able to pull thru for trailers so why not. Repair+delivery depot. Sounds like the workings of a complex prefab to me. Lots of wasted space on these dealership prefabs. Minimize the parking lots and give us lanes to pull thru for service. ETS2 got dealership makeovers. But even they can be adjusted again to allow pull thru. Perhaps set it up to drop trailers and get serviced or make a trailer length restriction for pull thru. LCV's are too long for most prefabs to pull thru. Limite those if that's the case. No articulated trailers to get service. Add a trailer drop out front to park LCV's....get service and then re attach.

If we could get such an overhaul, please let time factor in based off the necessary repair. Animation of repair, black screen...whatever. Repairs should factor into deliver times. Also more type of repairs and maintenance could roll into such an overhaul. So I'm very interested in seeing what all this new trailer service allows.
Xaagon

#708 Post by Xaagon » 15 Jan 2022 20:52

What if SCS has a deal with Wabash or Great Dane or somebody and we get a real company in the game with the trailer services? Otherwise, maybe Smety joins the game as more than just on the road trailers?

This is pure speculation. I have no knowledge of this. Just throwing the "what if" out there.
SenseFM

#709 Post by SenseFM » 15 Jan 2022 21:18

I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm very pleased with Montana's first blog post after the DLC's announcement. I'm sure the new industries will bring much needed variety to ATS' economic landscape.
flight50

#710 Post by flight50 » 15 Jan 2022 22:22

^Better late than never my friend. These new prefabs will be a breath of fresh air for sure. But the names of these depot is TBD. I think disappointment will happen if all these are not new named companies. At least for me.

Going this far with this much effort, would be mind boggling without brand new names. I'm looking forward to new dumper cargo with this batch if industries. I don't own any of the new dumpers, but I will for sure when Montana releases.

Return to “General discussion about the game”