Peterbilt Trucks Discussion Thread

unclejune

Re: Peterbilt Trucks Discussion Thread

#401 Post by unclejune » 10 May 2022 14:26

At this point, I'd just be happy if we could get the sounds back for the switch/stick when engaging the engine break on the 389. No switch/stick noises or dash indicator at all for either the engine break or the retarder. Why?
AntonioMart

#402 Post by AntonioMart » 10 May 2022 20:42

In addition, the 389 has a bug with fuel tanks that has not yet been fixed. The fuel tank does not visually change regardless of the selected capacity: 150 or 200 gallons for the short chassis, and 220 or 300 gallons for the long chassis.
rookie_one

#403 Post by rookie_one » 22 Jun 2022 09:23

I'm surprised that nobody mentionned that : https://www.peterbilt.com/trucks/highway/model-389

The 389 got a small redesign over at Peterbilt, including the option of the digital dashboard
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
AntonioMart

#404 Post by AntonioMart » 22 Jun 2022 15:45

It was mentioned before, but the model 389 in the game is a little old, it needs to be refreshed before updating. I hope this will be done over time.
pigbrother

#405 Post by pigbrother » 22 Jun 2022 15:58

"Little old" is a very polite understatement. :)
I have approximate knowledge of many things
JoeAlex23

#406 Post by JoeAlex23 » 22 Jun 2022 16:11

Eh, it's better than some of the old trucks in ETS2 :lol:
AntonioMart

#407 Post by AntonioMart » 22 Jun 2022 22:30

389 was released 6 years ago in 2016, of course, when compared with trucks released later, their quality is higher. Would like the 389 to be of similar quality. ;) Because it's pure classic truck and still a valid model. But it all depends on whether can get permission from PACCAR but I think that SCS have a good relationship with them.

Just like I said, it has a bug with fuel tanks that remain the same regardless of the selected volume. Also new models have a separate DEF tank and longer chassis:

[ external image ]
JoeAlex23

#408 Post by JoeAlex23 » 22 Jun 2022 22:40

No, it all depends on having the people to do it, problem is that to "remake" an old truck takes exactly the same amount of time as it takes to make a new truck, 2 people (there's a 3rd person but that person works on the skins after the cabs are done) and one whole year, and right now the Vehicle Team is up to their neck working on everything with wheels and cargo for BOTH games, and if they start remaking old trucks in ATS first, the ETS2 mob will be FURIOUS because they have trucks that are in way more need of a complete remake, the only way right now is to outsource help from outside, hire a specific team to work on the old trucks, but we don't know when that could happen.
Viper28

#409 Post by Viper28 » 22 Jun 2022 23:30

JoeAlex23 wrote: 22 Jun 2022 22:40 No, it all depends on having the people to do it, problem is that to "remake" an old truck takes exactly the same amount of time as it takes to make a new truck, 2 people (there's a 3rd person but that person works on the skins after the cabs are done) and one whole year, and right now the Vehicle Team is up to their neck working on everything with wheels and cargo for BOTH games, and if they start remaking old trucks in ATS first, the ETS2 mob will be FURIOUS because they have trucks that are in way more need of a complete remake, the only way right now is to outsource help from outside, hire a specific team to work on the old trucks, but we don't know when that could happen.
yeah, true, however, there is also a rather profound conceptualization/vision issue here. While it takes time to switch gears and/or test new development paradigms, so much of this game remains un-monetized. They've occasionally dabbled in releasing additional dlc beside states, but it remains largely an oddity and not nearly as consistent as it could/should be. There's enough interest to create fairly consistent cargo, truck revamp, trailer expansion, accessory dlc content FOR SALE, at a reliable clip, that could then be utilized to fund expansion and creation of new content/game specific feature teams/or solo staff position. I hope they take a longer look at this, I get it that finding someone willing to work in the position and the nuances of creating a new persistent pipeline take time and have bumps, but man, presently, this is very inconsistent at best and nearly ignored at worst. Make it and they will buy it!! Updated Peterbilt pack with some new addons/features...yeah I'm game.
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
Optional Features

#410 Post by Optional Features » 22 Jun 2022 23:33

If they hired outside Prague, they could fix their staffing issues immediately. It's not like people have to physically share CD-roms any more.

Return to “General discussion about the game”