Peterbilt Trucks Discussion Thread

Seerman

Re: Peterbilt Trucks Discussion Thread

#411 Post by Seerman » 23 Jun 2022 09:58

At the time of the creation of the ATS, it was a small child, but now he has grown, but the pants have remained the same size. It's time to change pants.
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#412 Post by flight50 » 23 Jun 2022 13:24

@Seerman Lmao. I love that analogy. That was pretty clever. I totally agree but we'll see how bandwidth plays out. I reallly hope that SCS has fill up seats on the new floor dedicated to the vehicle team and QA team. More vehicle team personnel can mean a lot to things. More vehicle related projects in general should be just a frequent as the map team imho. We should get a minimum of (2) vehicle team related dlc's a year imo. That does not include in production trucks either.

That could be new in production trucks, reworked trucks, new out of production trucks, new industry cargo packs, new general cargo, tuning packs, tire packs, new licensed trailers, reworked trailers and new AI vehicles.
harishw8r

#413 Post by harishw8r » 23 Jun 2022 14:46

I wouldn’t count on an ATS truck rework anytime soon. ETS2’s older trucks are much worse so they would prioritize ETS2 over ATS as always. As per Seerman’s analogy (which is quite clever btw) ETS2 is an adult wearing a child’s pants.

But if they decide to rework ATS trucks, 389 is an obvious first choice.
flight50

#414 Post by flight50 » 23 Jun 2022 17:01

werewoooooooolf wrote: 23 Jun 2022 14:46 I wouldn’t count on an ATS truck rework anytime soon.
I don't. I've been around long enough to know better, lol. I included it just to indicate everything the vehicle team has on their plate to consider.
Texshi

#415 Post by Texshi » 24 Jun 2022 06:16

That's kind of disheartening that my favorite rig will likely stay untouched if older trucks are neglected in ETS2 as is.
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
flight50

#416 Post by flight50 » 24 Jun 2022 13:12

Its really unfair to rework old ATS truck and not old ETS2 trucks. Best thing that can happen is a brand new 389, brand new W900 and the two new gen 579 and new gen T680. No need to rework old models right now.
Optional Features

#417 Post by Optional Features » 24 Jun 2022 20:32

I don't know Euro trucks as well as American trucks, but from what I know, while old, the worst ETS2 trucks are more accurate than the 389 and parts of the W9.

The 389 is just terrible: the old Scanias and such just look dated.
xXCARL1992Xx

#418 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 24 Jun 2022 20:33

this just shows that you, like you said, know nothing, they are all out of shape, low detail and overall crap quality, the TGX E6 just made it even more obvious if you switch between the old and new model in the dealer or even truck browser, they are the same truck in overall shape but yet the old TGX is bigger!!
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
JoeAlex23

#419 Post by JoeAlex23 » 24 Jun 2022 22:42

seriousmods wrote: 24 Jun 2022 20:32 I don't know Euro trucks as well as American trucks, but from what I know, while old, the worst ETS2 trucks are more accurate than the 389 and parts of the W9.

I know you have me on your foe list and i don't care, but that's absolute BS, ask any European here that has been around trucks long enough and they will point you out everything wrong with the old trucks in ETS2, specially the old Mercedes, Renault's, Volvo, Iveco's and Scanias, they are in WAY worse shape than the original 5 trucks of ATS, all those things you always mention that are bad with the 389 is 10x worse in some ETS2 trucks, just as Carl said, take a look at the newer MAN vs the older one, they are supposed to be the same exact truck and they look completely different.

@Wolfi sorry to drag you into this, but can you enlight this man? i know how much you care about the quality of some those old trucks and how much some very specific things on those trucks really annoy you. 😝
Wolfi
Beta tester

#420 Post by Wolfi » 25 Jun 2022 05:56

It won't get to him. He knows best 😜
Still, in case anyone reads this, the "old 5" ATS trucks in ATS are inaccurate, there's no doubt about it. They were built based on pictures back in the time, when vehicle team leader was a stubborn prick that didn't accept any feedback. That said, they were still built after the "old" ETS2 trucks, with new techniques and actually better accuracy.
seriousmods wrote: 24 Jun 2022 20:32 I don't know Euro trucks as well as American trucks, but from what I know, while old, the worst ETS2 trucks are more accurate than the 389 and parts of the W9.

Saying that old ETS2 trucks are better is plain BS and a pure display of ignorance.
The worst truck in ETS2 currently is the old Iveco. It isn't even a truck. It's a mashup of 3 generations of the truck and nothing matches anything. Not to mention interior and it's textures coming out of the 90's.
As for the example of the old Scania, as an author of the presumably most accurate in-game model made to date, I can tell you, there's not a single accurate part on the in-game "Scania".
So next time before you say you "know" something, at least do some basic research. 🙄
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.

Return to “General discussion about the game”