Re: Peterbilt Trucks Discussion Thread

#501 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 20 Aug 2022 18:16

i wish LEGO made Peterbilt Truck building sets
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
JoeAlex23

#503 Post by JoeAlex23 » 08 Sep 2022 17:35

I think that marks the end of the 389 production, they did the 379X before ending the 379 production and changing it to the 389, i guess that rumored "589" is getting close.
flight50

#504 Post by flight50 » 08 Sep 2022 18:25

Hmmmm. Another Paccar truck in which they failed to work with SCS. Since 2016, that is now 4 new trucks in which Paccar could have used SCS. The W990, new gen 579, new gen T680 and now the 389X, smh. I don't see the 389X coming with Texas nor the Peterbilt plant. Maybe in the future but as of now, I just don't see it.

The closets we've had to Paccar since 2016 was the Kenworth factory and that is probably Kenworth making that call. If that's the case, why no W990?
Carfreak200

#505 Post by Carfreak200 » 08 Sep 2022 20:56

I hope either SCS or a high quality mod comes out for that 389X. It looks awesome!
Best Free ATS Mods viewtopic.php?t=317006

Life's too Short to Drive Boring Trucks

Current Garage:
  • Rezbilt 389 (Allen Rezbilt)
  • Freightliner Classic XL (BSA)
  • Peterbilt 379X (Chief86)
flight50

#506 Post by flight50 » 09 Sep 2022 00:11

If I was Paccar, I'd be looking at what Daimler is now doing with SCS. Its a no brainer. Its not like they are paying SCS to advertise. One thing I've always said is that when looking at social media, youtube or heck even playing ATS, if just one person buys a truck that is post 2016 featured in ATS, got influenced from ATS, that is one truck sold that wasn't sold the day before. Thing is, you never know where ATS/SCS can take your company. If you jump on Youtube, or Google 57x or 49x, great chance to see loads of ATS. You wanna drive it, check it out in ATS. Its a fairly accurate model to at least see it inside and out. Good enough of a model to go see it in person if you are a truck company or O/O.

It would be beneficial for Peterbilt/Pacccar to jump on board with what Daimler is doing. International has done it. They are taking advantage of it.
Optional Features

#507 Post by Optional Features » 09 Sep 2022 00:27

I strongly doubt anyone uses ATS to make truck/equipment purchase decisions. While a player could get a general perspective of vehicle appearance from the game, that's about where it stops.

Considering how much content is put out by real life truckers and truck manufacturers (from videos to brochures to social posts), there's really no need to play a game to understand a new or late model vehicle. There's real stuff out there, and it's far better than anything any game could simulate.

The only possibility where a game could benefit a real life equipment or truck buyer is if the game offered every possible feature for the vehicle in 3D and/or allowed the player to interact with every switch, lever, and compartment in the cab. SCS offers neither.

The game could also function like a virtual test drive for a vehicle if it offered realistic sounds and physics. Again, it offers neither.

Aside from larger concepts like braking, acceleration, shifting, engine brake strength, and ride (none of which are realistically simulated to date), the game doesn't even accurately depict simple concepts like wheel lean.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Without these features or really anything other than the general shape, the game is essentially a fancier version of what many brands already offer on their websites, a build and customize tool.

So, although I am a huge Peterbilt fan and wish the in-game 389 was worth using, I don't think Peterbilt is missing out on participating in ATS. The only ones missing out are us, the fans.
harishw8r

#508 Post by harishw8r » 09 Sep 2022 02:46

seriousmods wrote: 09 Sep 2022 00:27 I strongly doubt anyone uses ATS to make truck/equipment purchase decisions. While a player could get a general perspective of vehicle appearance from the game, that's about where it stops.
Yeah no. At least we have been informed of real-life incidents where customers were interested in certain models based on their gameplay. Of course they don’t solely rely on the game for deciding but it definitely has an impact. Moreover, not all customers are same.
flight50

#509 Post by flight50 » 09 Sep 2022 03:04

seriousmods wrote: 09 Sep 2022 00:27 I strongly doubt anyone uses ATS to make truck/equipment purchase decisions.
Your statement is nothing more than an opinion as well. You have charts or graphs to back up such a statement? Perhaps you should watch all the WS streams and hear what employees from WS think. Western Star even mentioned marketing with SCS as partners is good. So obviously they are lairs correct? You can listen to what Oscar had to say on today's stream as well. People want in.....to what SCS has. So Oscar is a lair too right? As one of the most negative members on this form, your comment doesn't surprise me. You're entitled to your opinion though. I'll keep mine that marketing on any platform can make a difference. If a multi million dollar company believes that partnering with SCS is beneficial, I don't see them agreeing with your statement.
Optional Features

#510 Post by Optional Features » 09 Sep 2022 04:10

flight50 wrote: 09 Sep 2022 03:04 Your statement is nothing more than an opinion as well. You have charts or graphs to back up such a statement? Perhaps you should watch all the WS streams and hear what employees from WS think. Western Star even mentioned marketing with SCS as partners is good. So obviously they are lairs correct? You can listen to what Oscar had to say on today's stream as well. People want in.....to what SCS has. So Oscar is a lair too right? As one of the most negative members on this form, your comment doesn't surprise me. You're entitled to your opinion though. I'll keep mine that marketing on any platform can make a difference. If a multi million dollar company believes that partnering with SCS is beneficial, I don't see them agreeing with your statement.
I never said it wasn't beneficial. I never said anyone was a liar. All forms of positive exposure are beneficial: there's no such thing as too much publicity.

That said there's a wild difference between exposure being good and a potential customer using a game as part of a vehicle/machine purchase decision.

The same could be said about Farming Sim, Construction Sim, Forza, or any game with costly brands. How many got a Deere X9 after harvesting with one in FS? Probably none. How many people will buy a Liebherr crane after using one in CS? I'd estimate zero. How many people bought a Lambo after driving one in Forza? Also likely zero. Exposure is good, but it's unlikely people are using the product to make purchase decisions in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

As for me being negative, perhaps I am. I like to think of myself as more of a critic/balance to false positivity, but to each their own. That being said, based on your interpretation of my statement compared to the actual statement, I think your perception of negativity is exactly that, a perception.
Last edited by Optional Features on 09 Sep 2022 04:16, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”