Peterbilt Trucks Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Peterbilt Trucks Discussion Thread

#431 Post by flight50 » 25 Jun 2022 15:08

I suppose that is why some modders have better quality than first 5 ATS trucks. If manufacturer's signed off, apparently they were good enough. I'd much rather have a 2022 389 and a 2022 W900 than to mess with anything from the 2016 models. I don't even think SCS should upgrade. Leave the old gens in as is. They also help with the AI and the environment with less detail. Why mess with old when you can have new. If ETS2 doesn't get rebuilds, ATS shouldn't either.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#432 Post by Wolfi » 25 Jun 2022 15:19

Well, he's not the only reason, but he surely is (or luckily was) the main reason...
ATS in regards to trucks is imo better than ETS2. Because currently half of the trucks in the game are CAD based and while yes, they may lack some of the most obvious (to Americans) options, the in-game models themself are very accurate.
And while I agree, that this may not be an ideal situation for the fans of the "old 5", there's still a lot of quality in-game alternatives.
And I'm sure there will be even more when SCS finally decides to add the W990 and the successor to 389 (whenever that may come).

But yeah, that's why I keep pushing SCS to rework old trucks. I always say: new maps are cool and all, but they mean nothing, if you don't have any fun truck to drive on them.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
flight50

#433 Post by flight50 » 25 Jun 2022 16:37

Thing is, what they do for one game, they must do for the other. Issue for ATS is that there are so many not even in the game yet. Get all in from the current in-production poll and I'd agree. That or let junior modelers work older trucks one by one til they prove they are senior level.
Seerman

#434 Post by Seerman » 25 Jun 2022 16:50

Here you are discussing how incorrect the proportions of 389 are. But I am somewhat discouraged by some other jokes.
Look. In my opinion, different guys worked on the interior and exterior, located in different offices, in different cities, and in different countries (maybe from a different civilization altogether).

[ external image ] [ external image ]
[ external image ] [ external image ]
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#435 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 Jun 2022 16:51

this is an old truck, it wasnt modeled because nobody would ever see it, the seats are a prime example, ofc now it is different like we se it on the newer trucks
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Seerman

#436 Post by Seerman » 25 Jun 2022 16:57

Considering that the limited rotation of the camera in the interior will not allow you to see the window, then you can at least simulate the daylight falling from that "window".
And yes, from the seat I can see the emergency door, which is not outside.
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#437 Post by HRTrucking » 27 Jun 2022 17:24

seriousmods wrote: 24 Jun 2022 20:32 I don't know Euro trucks as well as American trucks, but from what I know, while old, the worst ETS2 trucks are more accurate than the 389 and parts of the W9.

The 389 is just terrible: the old Scanias and such just look dated.
Just compare the Euro 5 Volvo to the real life one. And see how high the XL cab is. It might be higher then the US livestock trailer :lol: . Lot more is wrong with it as well.

Older Volvo FH the way it changes from normal to XL is wrong as well. New one is wrong in that as well.

Interior even stays exactly the same for both models if I remember correctly.

Mercedes Actros considered as quite good. Is also not that right. Or the trailers in game and some other trucks are to low.

For me the 389 looks ok as I only see them once in a while here in Europe.

The older Volvo and the in game Scania's, I have driven them all. And all have something that's weird / wrong. But they still give me a feeling that I'm driving the real thing.

Best thing for me is some "expert" players asking for a parking airco mod for the Next Gen Scania. The SCS model already has the parking airco installed, just like the one I drive in real life.
Optional Features

#438 Post by Optional Features » 27 Jun 2022 18:23

HRTrucking wrote: 27 Jun 2022 17:24
seriousmods wrote: 24 Jun 2022 20:32 I don't know Euro trucks as well as American trucks, but from what I know, while old, the worst ETS2 trucks are more accurate than the 389 and parts of the W9.

The 389 is just terrible: the old Scanias and such just look dated.
Just compare the Euro 5 Volvo to the real life one. And see how high the XL cab is. It might be higher then the US livestock trailer :lol: . Lot more is wrong with it as well.

Older Volvo FH the way it changes from normal to XL is wrong as well. New one is wrong in that as well.

Interior even stays exactly the same for both models if I remember correctly.

Mercedes Actros considered as quite good. Is also not that right. Or the trailers in game and some other trucks are to low.

For me the 389 looks ok as I only see them once in a while here in Europe.

The older Volvo and the in game Scania's, I have driven them all. And all have something that's weird / wrong. But they still give me a feeling that I'm driving the real thing.

Best thing for me is some "expert" players asking for a parking airco mod for the Next Gen Scania. The SCS model already has the parking airco installed, just like the one I drive in real life.
Good info: thanks!
JVPTH3MVP

#439 Post by JVPTH3MVP » 13 Jul 2022 00:12

As someone who's worked at two different Peterbilt Dealers now, I've been up close and personal with every model you can think of and man it is a bit of a pain to look at the 579 in game. If SCS needs a proper consultant to provide photos and guidance on the options of Peterbilt models, I have access to the specing software used by us dealer sales personnel. Its far from the best system but I could help to flesh out all the options and what not. One detail I'd really like to see is the option to change the transmission control device, whether that be in the form of a good ol stick, either the Allison push botton or stick selector, or either the old Ultrashift Cobra shifter, Ultrashift Pushbutton shifter, or the current Paccar stalk style selector seen on the Interior Exterior rework 579 model.
Better known as Jake from State Farm.
Freeze338

#440 Post by Freeze338 » 14 Jul 2022 15:39

@HRTrucking well that's just no. People bashed VNL because of the quality meanwhile they were happy with 389 until CAD models released.

Even VNL is more accurate than old ETS2 trucks. That's not it, Peterbilt 579 and Kenworth T680 requires way more rework than 389.

The main problem is you guys are exaggerating the situation because your favorite truck isn't made with a CAD model that's it. Yes it has inaccuracies but not that much comparing the rest of the older models.

Return to “General discussion about the game”