Volvo VNR
40%
Volvo VNX
60%

Total votes: 103

Seerman

Re: Volvo Trucks Discussion Thread

#451 Post by Seerman » 29 May 2023 16:11

JoeAlex23 wrote: 29 May 2023 16:02 🤦‍♂️ the VNR is not a car hauler, that's the VAH, VERY different trucks.

https://www.volvotrucks.us/trucks/vah/
Confused. You right. I like the design of the hood and headlights.
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#452 Post by Optional Features » 29 May 2023 16:12

@Seerman

The VNR appears to work fine as a car hauler as well.

[ external image ]

And here are new and old vnls spec'd as such.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Volvo does recommend specific chassis for the purpose (which include the VNR640 for some reason), but this kinda thing is much more up to the chassis builder/customer than anything.
JoeAlex23

#453 Post by JoeAlex23 » 29 May 2023 16:23

If we go at that, literally any truck can be a car hauler, the point i was making is that having the VNR in game doesn't equal to having a dedicated car hauler...
pigbrother

#454 Post by pigbrother » 29 May 2023 16:26

And I have no idea if that type of car hauler is possible in game right now since it requires the truck itself to carry a load (like a rigid), a feature that doesn’t exist yet.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Optional Features

#455 Post by Optional Features » 29 May 2023 16:30

JoeAlex23 wrote: 29 May 2023 16:23 If we go at that, literally any truck can be a car hauler, the point i was making is that having the VNR in game doesn't equal to having a dedicated car hauler...
Which is theoretically true minus what pigbrother mentions, the lack of rigid support (which makes the lead truck a decoration).
JoeAlex23

#456 Post by JoeAlex23 » 29 May 2023 16:31

pigbrother wrote: 29 May 2023 16:26 And I have no idea if that type of car hauler is possible in game right now since it requires the truck itself to carry a load (like a rigid), a feature that doesn’t exist yet.
That's correct, and if SCS adds dedicated car haulers with that feature in ATS first before ETS2 gets their so desired rigids, the ETS2 players will have a mob with pitchforks and torches at the SCS offices the next day :lol:
flight50

#457 Post by flight50 » 29 May 2023 18:09

The ETS2 crowd actually might not blow their lids because Europe also has dedicated haulers. It would be an update for both games. North America also has rigids too. They are regional and overall not as popular and as wide spread as Europe but they are here. The ones I've seen since learning of rigids in NA are moving style looking, flatbeds, dumpers, and tankers. When ETS2 gets rigids, so should ATS. When ATS gets dedicated car haulers, so should ETS2. Car haulers would be a nice intro to rigids making their way as core content.

Volvo 01 transporter
Volvo 02 transporter
Volvo 03 transporter
Volvo 04 transporter

So if SCS wants to have a common name dedicated car hauler, Volvo wouldn't be a bad choice. Volvo for both games and then of course an upgraded standard 5th wheel car hauler trailer for both games. Its a lot of work but not impossible is how I see it. The truck rack would be an accessory in which the standard 5th is removed and added as a hitch. If dedicated happens cool, sweet but we need it in AI traffic for sure. Worse case we at least get a better trailer to replace what we have now. In ATS, is not a very good model as its too short and not enough car variety to make it as fun as it could be.

I also thought there was only the VAH hauler until I just looked into it but looks like a VNL can be dedicated as well. The old VNL could be adapted for a dedicated hauler for sure. If they are going to use the new VNL to rebuild the old one, they have to tear the truck down anyways. It could be a great time to play around with such a setup.
VNL 01
VNL 02
VNL 03

VNL 04
Freeze338

#458 Post by Freeze338 » 29 May 2023 19:09

JoeAlex23 wrote: 29 May 2023 16:31
pigbrother wrote: 29 May 2023 16:26 And I have no idea if that type of car hauler is possible in game right now since it requires the truck itself to carry a load (like a rigid), a feature that doesn’t exist yet.
That's correct, and if SCS adds dedicated car haulers with that feature in ATS first before ETS2 gets their so desired rigids, the ETS2 players will have a mob with pitchforks and torches at the SCS offices the next day :lol:
Personally I don't care about a community who blocked a completed DLC just because of the nonsense politics . After the Austria rework I play the game time to time and started to liking with the new MAN. But seeing a community throws puking emojies constantly on social media for last 4 trucks, just because they are not a SCANIA or Volvo, doesn't deserve anything. I've read a comment something like this in this very forum : Ford is not an European brand so it shouldn't be in the game. If a truck would be added then it should be one of the 7 big manufacturers .

So tbh, nobody cares the strict headed community. Maybe you guys were amazing and wanting good things for the game but there are a lot of toxic people who doesn't care much and stopping the game evolving.

Anyway, back to the topic, Volvo VAH is a specific model for car hauling and it's a different version of VHD.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
JoeAlex23

#459 Post by JoeAlex23 » 29 May 2023 19:12

That joke went right over your head, but anyways, moving on...
NoDe31

#460 Post by NoDe31 » 29 May 2023 19:20

SCS blocked that DLC because not a single company would work with them if they release that DLC, not because of ETS2 community. And then again, if they released it, ATS community would also have large "cry" moment, because there would be no "New VOLVO VNL", or anything that needs license in both games.. They had to remove MAN truck form promo picture of that DLC, even before they decide to block it...
Last edited by NoDe31 on 29 May 2023 19:27, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”