Volvo VNR
40%
Volvo VNX
60%

Total votes: 103

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Volvo Trucks Discussion Thread

#421 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 28 May 2023 13:56

it is the cabin suspension, nothing else, it behaves differently and isnt a stare point from where it tilts when force is applied, also you see the hood moving, this makes a big difference already
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
velles

#422 Post by velles » 28 May 2023 14:35

55sixxx wrote: 28 May 2023 13:46 Well, since in August 22 this VNL was in early production stage with no W.I.P shots available, while the FH shown in 22 Xmas stream already had W.I.P shots, it wouldn't be a bad guess saying it could potentially come later this summer to early fall.
There were WIP shots of VNL in Christmas stream
https://youtu.be/J5AWvjPX32o?t=3370
It is hard to tell when FH will release though since older version has to be reworked as well - so it might take longer than releasing it as a completely new truck and leaving the old Volvo in a bad shape like it happened with VNL
xXCARL1992Xx

#423 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 28 May 2023 14:39

they dont rework anything, the old FH was already scraped and now they rebuild is from scratch and then add the FH5 part to it, it wont take longer to add a new interior grill and bumper options to it

fact is the process was made faster because the VNL is the fastest one we got with the exception of the new DAF and 49X that had a deadline and came not completed
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
velles

#424 Post by velles » 28 May 2023 14:43

Well, this is exactly what "rework" means in SCS case. California, Austria or German cities reworks also scrapped the old content completely and replaced it with a new one made from scratch.
Otherwise they would call it a "FH reskin" (like the German cities reskin, which just added better textures but the old dated layout from GTS was unchanged), not "FH rework"
harishw8r

#425 Post by harishw8r » 28 May 2023 14:48

I think Carl isn’t wrong with what they meant. Rework or not, the old truck is not that big a barrier. It’s just a matter of few extra configurations, we’ve had trucks that exceed that amount of configurations.

Kenworth W900 and now the Volvo VNL took extremely less time but are well composed overall. Most likely the upcoming trucks will also follow the same suit.
xXCARL1992Xx

#426 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 28 May 2023 14:51

when they use Rework they also intent to reuse some stuff that might look still good and touch it up, the FH is completely rebuild and not reworked, there is difference, the W900 was reworked, California is Reworked in the first phases and now they go back and retouch it, Austria was rebuild and this is where they used the wrong therm for it, it wasnt reworked

the old VNL would also have been a complete rebuild and not rework if they would have done it, because the old model would have been scraped or else they would waste time fitting old parts to new ones, still a wasted opportunity to not make it, because the basis is already there with the new VNL
[ external image ]
velles

#427 Post by velles » 28 May 2023 15:37

Maybe they use wrong terms but almost all "map reworks" were done from scratch. California also was a complete rebuild with no original parts left.
The only exception I can think of is Lyon rework since the small part between Fourvière tunnel and Perache station was reused since it was accurate enough (and therefore still uses some assets from the old version of Lyon)
Ironically the Lyon blog used the term "reskin", despite being an almost complete rebuild of the city with very little original parts left.
https://blog.scssoft.com/2021/09/lyon-reskin.html
But it kinda reinforces my point - when SCS remakes something from scratch they use the "rework" term, when they keep at least some of the old parts they use the term "reskin".

2012 FH was referred to by SCS as a "rework", I know it will be rebuilt from scratch, just used the term SCS used. Anyway, I think that's enough offtopic about SCS terminology.
Elijah1573

#428 Post by Elijah1573 » 28 May 2023 17:09

Does anyone know which Volvo D13 engine is the best?
Im not sure since the D13 500 is less expensive than the D13 455 TC but id think the 455hp one would be worse
ztrucky1

#429 Post by ztrucky1 » 28 May 2023 17:31

Is their a way where we can add IFTA Stickers on the Volvo IFTA Plate ?
supersobes
Global moderator

#430 Post by supersobes » 28 May 2023 19:31

I was making a mod to silence the horribly annoying blind spot monitoring warning sound. While I working with the sound files, I noticed that the new Volvo contains a second sound bank called "volvo_vnl_rm_2018." Upon extracting the bank, I found that it just contains the wav files for some of the engine sounds from the old 2014 Volvo. Looking through the defs, I can't find any def that refers to this sound bank. So now I'm really curious, why did SCS include the sounds from the old Volvo in the DLC package for the new Volvo when they're not used on this truck at all?

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”