[WIP] New York Rebuild for C2C

defnotrg

[WIP] New York Rebuild for C2C

#1 Post by defnotrg » 25 Jul 2020 22:52

Hello,

I have been working for the last 5 days on a rebuild of the New York state of the Coast to Coast map mod. My rebuild will be released as an addon for C2C (I am not working with/for C2C).

Here is a map showing what I am planning to make: Image
Right now, I have only worked on the i87 New York - Albany (1/3 done).
Here is an image of the i87 before the rebuilding: Image
And here are a few screenshots of it now:

Since last Friday I have been working on a rest stop, the Ramapo service area:
Here is an image comparing the rest stop before the rebuild (left) and after (right)
And here are a few screenshots of inside the rest stop:

I hope you guys like it :)

If you have a comment to make on one of the screenshot (if something looks wrong/bad...), please say so! This is my first real mapping project, so I am still a beginner.

(Also, I am using a sketchy image uploader. Hopefully the images show up properly)

wijba

Re: [WIP] New York Rebuild for C2C

#2 Post by wijba » 25 Jul 2020 22:58

Looking good so far... Good work!

Boblq

#3 Post by Boblq » 25 Jul 2020 23:15

There no such thing as the Ramapo Service Area, shouldn't' it be the Sloatsburg Service Area? Also, I think you need to incorporate NY-17 or I-84 into your NY map because most trucks or passenger cars use it to go to Central NY towards Binghamton, Syracuse, Elmira, Rochester, Buffalo, etc.

SimpleSim

#4 Post by SimpleSim » 26 Jul 2020 00:37

yess sooo much better. its about time we had some proper or more awesome mappers on c2c because befor the map looked garbage and very bland and there where gaps as in holes in the map all over which would be very annoying and copy paste places no buildings lol :).p.s it proves some people are lazy and cant be bothered to do a proper job :). but your work looks incredible!!!!

Bruin0619

#5 Post by Bruin0619 » 26 Jul 2020 02:02

@Boblq The Ramapo Service Area, or the Ramapo Travel Plaza, does exist in Sloatsburg. Not trying to be mean, but it does exist lol. Also, I'm excited for this project! I go to college in Rochester and am really excited to see the improvements! Just a suggestion, you could add Williamsport PA, Poughkeepsie NY, Jamestown NY, and Utica NY. Also, if you want me to look for any landscape features, I'm driving from DC to Rochester in about a week, so I can look out for wind turbines and sightseeing places. Good luck and I can't wait to see more!

Boblq

#6 Post by Boblq » 26 Jul 2020 02:37

@Bruin0619 no worries I see what you mean.

defnotrg

#7 Post by defnotrg » 26 Jul 2020 06:45

Boblq wrote:
25 Jul 2020 23:15
There no such thing as the Ramapo Service Area, shouldn't' it be the Sloatsburg Service Area? Also, I think you need to incorporate NY-17 or I-84 into your NY map because most trucks or passenger cars use it to go to Central NY towards Binghamton, Syracuse, Elmira, Rochester, Buffalo, etc.
Image It does exist, it’s just not indicated on google maps for some reason.

As for the roads: ny17 is definitely a great idea, and I may add i84, but if I do this I’ll have to create Scranton in Pennsylvania. Thanks for the suggestion, I don’t know much on the new york state so it does help me.

defnotrg

#8 Post by defnotrg » 26 Jul 2020 07:09

Bruin0619 wrote:
26 Jul 2020 02:02
@Boblq The Ramapo Service Area, or the Ramapo Travel Plaza, does exist in Sloatsburg. Not trying to be mean, but it does exist lol. Also, I'm excited for this project! I go to college in Rochester and am really excited to see the improvements! Just a suggestion, you could add Williamsport PA, Poughkeepsie NY, Jamestown NY, and Utica NY. Also, if you want me to look for any landscape features, I'm driving from DC to Rochester in about a week, so I can look out for wind turbines and sightseeing places. Good luck and I can't wait to see more!
All great suggestions!
Boblq asked to add the i84, and Poughkeepsie will be the perfect fit. Utica and Jamestown seem good. As for Williamsport, it seems as I completely missed it, even though my rebuilds will go right through it. I may plan to rebuild all of PA too, tbh.

Also don’t worry too much about me during the drive. I often watch driving timelapses on youtube to find that sort of stuff. Sightseeing places can probably be found with a bit of research, it’s true I haven’t thought of it much.

Thanks for the offer though, I appreciate it!

defnotrg

#9 Post by defnotrg » 26 Jul 2020 12:26

New map:

Thanks to boblq and bruin0619 for the road and cities suggestions :)

fisherjb

#10 Post by fisherjb » 26 Jul 2020 13:03

good start, two tips. 1: You miss shoulders on some roads. 2: Try to experiment with the brush tool to make the grasses less repetitive
Grand Canyon Rebuild: viewtopic.php?f=194&t=281638

Promods Developer: Canada + Austria + Albania :)

Return to “Maps”